Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question for all of you experience banders..

I had my surgery last April and within 6 months, I had about 5 or 6 fills. Everytime, it just seemed like I would get more and more hungry weeks after the fill. Finally, on my last fill, the doctor said this should be enough for a while. He was right... 5 months later, I was still feeling the restriction and had lost an additional 32 lbs. But lately, I'm back eating the same amount of food I was before my surgery because I'm ALWAYS hungry again. I've stopped going to the gym... due to lack of time. I KNOW all of these are bad decisions on my part, so I'm trying to get my butt back on track. I was hoping to get back in for another fill but I was wondering, from all of you experienced banders... how many fills did you have in one year? I know this is definately going to vary, because everyone's bodies are different but I just want to get an idea if my body is just using the fill as a cheat...

Go back to the doctor you may have lost some of your Fluid. I know I lose almost half a cc and I go every month.

I'm not to my sweet spot yet so I can't answer your other question but it appears as though you have lost a bit of Fluid in your band and just need to get it checked out.

Good luck and get back on track!!! You know what you need to do.

thanks for the reply... that is definately helpful! i actually didn't even know that could happen. hmmm... learn something new everyday! :thumbdown:

How can using the band be a "cheat"? You got it hoping it would curb your hunger! Goodness sake...go back to your doc!

i didn't mean the band being a cheat... getting more and more fills. the doctor made it seem like i had gotten too many fills in too short of time. which in turn, made me question myself.

if i thought getting the band in gnereal was cheating, i wouldn't have done it.

and yes, i just read about the test... and i plan to start tomorrow morning. thanks :thumbdown:

Getting fills isn't cheating either! It's what makes the band work. That would be like buying a car but then being reluctant to put gas in it ... or buying a dishwasher but not washing dishes in it! Without fills (adequate fills) the band is just pricey plastic around our stomachs.

don't feel guilty; do what you need to!

what is a test?

If you mean "Mrscoco", I think she was just doing a "test" post to see if her ticker was working (which it wasn't)...

Don't forget that when you lose weight, the amount of fatty tissue shrinks. This is the main reason that fills are needed. Your internal size is changing right along with your external size.

There will come a point when there is little to no fatty tissue around the band area but until then, fills are needed to maintain restriction.

Don't forget that when you lose weight, the amount of fatty tissue shrinks. This is the main reason that fills are needed. Your internal size is changing right along with your external size.

There will come a point when there is little to no fatty tissue around the band area but until then, fills are needed to maintain restriction.

Thank you, that makes so much sense!! I hadn't thought of it, but of course, this week on the Biggest Loser they showed Ron his internal scans, and this was what had happened...can't believe I didn't relate it to the changing feeling of restriction and need for fills.

sorry guys!! I was trying to test my ticker..I need help!!!

Try this i didn't use it (I had trouble too) but found it and it seems to help most people:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f5/ticker-tutorial-pictures-41782/