Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BMI 39-bcbs of north carolina

Wonderful! You are moving right along. Maybe you will have your surgery some time in July.

That would be awesome if I did, but I'm not sure how fast they move. I would be happy with a August date. I don't even know if I'm approved yet, well I'll just speak it into existence.

My surgeon's office called me when they had received all of my pre-surgery results/eval and gave me a tentative surgery date. Next the submitted my paper work to BCBS and it took about 2 or 3 days for them to call me back with an answer, which meant I had to see the surgeon as soon as possible before the surgery date that they had given me. Everything happened so fast me (less than 30 days).

I think most people see the surgeon a few days before the procedure to go over everthing and to make sure that you have not gained any weight and to make sure that you are on your liquid diet if you are prescribed one.

how long does it take from the time u see a surgeon to u have surgery

I saw the surgeon on 12/22/08 and was given a tentative surgery date that day! I was approved on 12/31/08 and my initial date was 1/29/09. Since Dr. Portenier does surgery at two hospitals, Duke and Durham Regional, I requested Durham Regional. That delayed the surgery until 2/19. So from time I saw the doctor until surgery was about 6 weeks. good luck Cloteal! It will really move fast now. When do you go back?

Hang in there! I have BCBS of ILLinois insurance. It took about 7-8 months to get approved. I had to follow a 6month monitored diet. I weighed 211 at start of diet, am 5'2". I wasn't quite 40 BMI and have no significant health issues. I too have tried many diets. My surgery date is 8/7. I just received my acceptance letter last week and am so excited. I was discouraged when I was told the only way I could get approved was to "jump through the insurance hoops" but that was last November. If I had not started then, I would still be wishing I could get approved. So hang in there, just do what they tell you to do and it will happen!!!! Look forward to hearing from you.

I am going to Dr. Enochs seminar on July 2. I have a BMI of 69 ( weigh 455) and no comorbidities that I know of. With a higher BMI do you need the other?

Thanks,

Renee

I am new here and trying to start the process. How did you find out about the seminar.

Just contact your surgeon's office and they will let you know when they have their seminars. Dr. Moran and Dr. Enoch have their meetings on Thursdays. Where are you located Stajin? With Dr. Moran I called and registered for the weekly meeting to make sure that they had enough space (seating) for me on that particular week.

I am new here and trying to start the process. How did you find out about the seminar.

I called this number 919.470.7000 and made an appt for one of their seminars, they were really nice, of course they were booked, but I called almost every day to see if someone cancelled, what they did was took my name and number and called me when someone cancelled. I had my seminar on 05/12, my first visit with the Dr on 06/15, my Psych eval is sched for 06/30, this is all with Duke. I am very pleased that I went to Duke, of course there are others that you can attend. Good luck to you.:(

I went to the seminar on last Thursday, the paper work has been submitted and I guess it is a wait and see process now. I really want to go ahead and start my pysch eval and other things but don't know what to do. Maybe sometime this week I will be hearing from the doctors office.

I'm suppose to go to the seminar on July 15 so I can't wait to get this process started. But I'm on medicare and heard that I will have to go thru with a 6 month medically supervised diet before I can have the surgery. So I guess I'll have a while to go yet.

If you can get approval that is great! If you cant dont give up the lapband is well worth while. I ended up going to Mexico because I am self pay. There are many great surgeons there who have tons of experience. Take the time to consult with as many as you need to feel 100% confident in who you have chosen because you will have a life long relationship with the surgeon and thier office. The lapband takes time and Maintenance. It ia a great tool. I went to Dr. Kelly and he charged $5500. There is also Dr. Ortis who comes highly recemended, I dont know what he charges. For fills and after care there may be a surgeon local who takes patients from mexico, just call around and ask. also there is fill centers USA who has centers all over and they do have an after care program.

Good luck, let me know if any of this helps.

I am not sure how the medicaid process works. This is the start of my process and it seems that this is all I am thinking about since last week when it hit me like a ton of bricks that I had to get this weight off of me. Sometime ago I was diagnosed with mitrial & tricuspid regergitation. My goal is to rlease some of the pressure off of my heart. I would like to see some grandchildren and just to be overall healthier. If I see any information I will post it here for you.

I have bcbs of north carolina and I work there. It only takes a few a days to get an approval once your doctor sends in the info. Dr. Enochs office sent my paperwork this Monday and I was approved Tuesday. It only takes longer if it's denied and they have to file an appeal. I didn't have to have a 6 month supervised diet, I just submitted my medical records to show my bmi for the last 2 years, had all the tests and evaluations. I have an appt 05/19 to schedule, I'm hoping for a June surgery date!!!:thumbdown:

When you went for the seminar and the office sent in the paperwork, how long did it take for them to contact you. I went to the seminar and the paperwork was sent in the same day. I guess I am on pins and needles because I want this so bad. I was trying to get all of these appointments out of the way since we are out of school right now. Looking at about three more weeks before I return to work. I guess i am just rushing the process. I have been so pumped up about this since I attended the seminar. really just want to be healthier and not so heavy. I work in a modified year round school. Next month we go back around the 16, actually it is less than three weeks the more I think about it.