Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Bandsters Support Line....

Amy girl that is gas! Weird how gas expresses it's presence in the body! My mom is a nurse and she told me that gas feels like a heart attack when it is trapped in the upper body. Walk Girlfriend it has helped me to walk it off. LOL I am still fighting about chewing something it is unatural not to chew. LOL

Amy, It is gas. I had it really bad. Everyone says walking and taking gas-x

helps. They did not help me much. Glycern suppositories are the only thing that helped. It will get better. Just keeping thinking of all the weight your going to loose.

Anyone else have this problem and when does it go away. I was banded on Monday and it has gotten better but when i go up the stairs i sometimes can not take in a deep breath to catch my breath... The pain on my left side stops me.. Anyone know what I am talking about...loll

Amy

I started to be able to take in deeper breaths yesterday, what a relief! Now I am downstairs while my family is eating their supper, and it smells delicious! Guess I better get used to it. Still wondering what I did to myself.....

Missy

banded 8/30/05

Dr. Huacuz TJ

OK I went to the local track and walked about 1/4mile It made me tired but did not get rid of any gas...lol

I do feel better though.. Walking does help.

Missy

I know what you mean about the smell of food. I really want to eat something more than pea Soup and pudding..etc.

I still have not found a Protein Drink I like so I got Protein Powder and mixed it in with my Soups or pudding and carnation instant Bfast. Do you think thats ok?

Amy

I was having a hard time breathing for several days after my surgery. ( I was banded on the 26th of August) I still have a hard time doing the 3 flights of stairs to my flat, but it gets better each time I do it. I still can't sleep on my stomach, and most of the time I can't sleep on my left side.

I had a horrible time doing the liquids thing, simply because I'm only allowed to have either ModiFast or Slim-Fast, and I couldn't get it down to save my soul.

I finally found that mixing vanilla and chocolate slimfast goes down ok.

I still get a TON of gas, and I walk, and move, and do everything I can think of, but it still hurts pretty badly.

Keep up with it, I'm sure we'll all feel the GOOD effects of having our new friend soon... pain is temporary, success is forever :D

Hugs!

HI, I had my surgery on 8/30,,

I did the Optifast for 2 weeks before surgery, have to do Clear Liquids for 2 weeks, then full liquids for 2 weeks, then the mushies for 2 weeks.....

I get gas, but mostly the flatulence kind, I was up and walking around the night of my surgery quite a bit.....

I am taking chewable maalox max tablets,,, Mostly hurts in the area with the largest incision, where the port is also.. I have been icing my tummy often, with a freezer pack.... Just been using liquid Tylenol...

I just started getting nauseated yeserday afternoon.. most of the time not really hungry if I get all of my liquids-Water in.... Yes I have the head hunger big time though..... So on some occasions I have just found something to chew on and spit it out.. and drink more Water then I am ok....

on Aug 16th I started out at 226.5 surgery date at 218.5 and now this morning I am 211.5,, So I am starting to like my new Hitchhiker in me,,,lol

HI all! I was banded on 8/19 and am ready to go crazy from this liquid diet!!!! I am so tired of broth and Soup. And yogurt. But I really feel good other than that, I can really see a difference already, lots of saggy skin. EEW. But I'm so happy I got my band! I really feel as if I'm taking a big step in maintaining myself for the future.

Guest Janey

Hello All

I was banded 8/2/05.I havent told many family members about my surgery,I was at a family dinner when my husbands 88 year old nana said to me "That diet is working great for you."I asked her how she knew I was on a diet? She said look at all the weight you have lost.Well I was just beeming after that.Small Victory but well worth it

Janey....isn't someone noticing your weight loss the best feeling in the world!! Good for you.....

Say, I have a question? What is the conversion from kg to lbs?

Margo you multiply by 2.2 Another person on this site had there weight in kg and lbs and I did the math. I don't know if this is right cause according to my calulation she has lost 70lbs, and according to the band date it has only been a month.

Hi Everyone,

Just getting started on this web site. I know all the same feelings that you are having been there and done that. I am now at the point that I feel great and don't even know that I have had it done. I watch what I eat, but feel that I am eating to much my weight has slowed down considerably I now have to tell myself that I have had this done. I think I am getting close to needing a fill. I was hoping to find somewhere close. I am about 45 miles out of Memphis going towards Nashville. Any one know of a Doctor that will do TJ patients?

Might just be total weight lost and not just banded weight lost. My ticker shows my total weight lost, as I started Weight Watchers back at the end of April and lost 18 lbs doing that, then another 8 on pre-op liquid. As far as I'm concerned I worked hard to lose those 18 lbs with WW, so I deserve to count them on my ticker. ;)

1kg = 2.2lbs :cool:

I was banded 1st August and have had a bit of a hard time with it. I ended up with blood clots afterwards (warning - if you can't take a deep breath pls call your surgeon, pain on breathing is normal but being unable to take a deep breath at all is dangerous!!!) So I was in hospital for an extra week. I gave up smoking 2 weeks before surgery and I just got myself a new job!!! :cross-eye So things have been quite stressfull!!

I have healed up quite nicely now, however my surgeon refuses to give me a fill until I am off my anti-blood-clot medication - which could be anywhere from 2 to 6 months!!!! yes that's months!! ;):):D So after losing an inital 11 pounds (5kgs) lost, I have put 3lbs back on :cool: because I have no restriction at all!! I am eating everything in sight!!! So I am a bit concerned about that.

I still feel positive though, somehow :cool:, because I know that this isn't a quick fix but a long term thing. Anyway, I hope you are all recovering well and will have good restriction from the start. Dont worry if you dont though, because even when things dont go quite according to plan, they will work out, even if its in a different way to that which we expected.

Licks for all my August Band-Sisters and Brothers :lick :lick :lick

LouLou,

Sorry to hear about the blood clots, but thank God you are O.K. You will do just fine for those months without a fill because you can always come to this thread/board for suppport.....we are here to help one another!! Just get healthy and take care of the blood clot situation first then you can move on....