Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Bandsters Support Line....

Hi August Bandsters.....

Thought I would start this new thread for us (all are welcome, of course!!) so that we have a specific thread to go to as we are all in the same boat, at the same time with the same concerns. So, anything on your mind....we can help each other, share SV's and NSV's, good times and bad times....anything...

I will start us off.....I walked my daughter to the bus stop this morning without major pain, waited for the bus without major pain and walked back to the house without major pain! I could concentrate on her and what we were doing instead feeling pain and wanting to sit down!!

That's great Margo!!

I just got banded yesterday, and have been sleeping a lot. I keep having dreams that I ate some solid food just out of habit and then I panic thinking I've ruined everything. :) Then I wake up and realize it's just a dream and I haven't actually eaten anything. Whew!

Anyone else with weird bandster dreams now that you're banded?

I am just wanting to chew something! LOL i am resisting temptation don't want to screw up my band! It has been 3 days and I have lost a great deal of weight. I just wish the mushie stage would get here so I can have some eggs. LOL

I was banded 8/25 and I cannot wait (but I will...) to eat solids again! It's tough, that's for sure!!! Is anyone feeling sleepy all the time? I get home from work and it's all I can do to stay awake to eat and hit the sack. I'm sleeping about 10 hours a night vs the 7-8 I was previous to surgery...maybe that's cuz oh yeh, I just had surgery? Anyone experiencing that?

I was banded on 8/30/05 and am wondering what the heck I did to myself?? I can't wait to feel "normal" again. I am in some pain and can't find a comfortable position to sleep. I am still in San Diego and can't wait to get home, maybe that will help. My mom is with me and is making me walk but all I want to do is sleep! She keeps saying that the more I walk the quicker I will heal and feel better and I know she is right, but I just want to sleep!!! I sure hope it is worth it, I don't want to fail after all this.

Thanks for this thread, feels good to let it all out!

Missy

banded 8/30/05 - TJ Dr. Huacuz

North Dakota

Missy, hang in there it does get better. I'm sure your having those terrible gas pains right now, but they really do get better. Right after surgery I was saying the same thing (what have I done to my self) I have lost 30lbs now so I can tell you it is worth the pain. Get well soon.

Really, does staying up and moving around really help more than the resting? Is that because you get better circulation or what? Because I've been a total slug yesterday afternoon and all day today. I have gotten up and done a little walking. But I have so little energy -- the pain just sucks it right outta me.

Congratulations!! I was banded on August 14, 03.

Anyone else with weird bandster dreams now that you're banded?
I dreamed the night before surgery that I had surgery then ate a big pickle. well I was telling the nurse and she said "why, Don't you like pickles?" It got struck and i woke up.

Since then...Chew!!

Most of newly banders feel like they can eat anything...That's why I respect doc's that give fills at 4 weeks. Don't get me wrong I beleve in the healing stage, some do faster than others.

Best to all of you, your all doing great!

If you have to chew...spit it out.

I am just wanting to chew something! LOL i am resisting temptation don't want to screw up my band! It has been 3 days and I have lost a great deal of weight. I just wish the mushie stage would get here so I can have some eggs. LOL

MMMMMM Eggs!!!! lol

I was dreaming about eggs juat a little while ago....

Chewing would be a nice change.

As far as being sleepy to all of you sleepy heads I was going to post something about that as well.. I just want to sleep. Not like me at all but I guess we should listen to what our bodies need for now.. I am just starting to feel a bit hungry now. And my pain is going away.. ever so slowly...

I am going to go take a walk around my yard. I am so bored..

What are all of you doing to keep busy..

Amy

I was banded on Aug. 15th. Went to Dr. yesterday, and he gave me the go ahead to eat normal food. Will not have a fill until first week of Oct. I have lost 20 lbs. Feeling good! Haygal

Well I work ft & have a 3yr old so I don't have too much free time to be bored. When I get home from work though I'm spent! I eat a little broth and about 1 hour later I'm ready to hit the hay. I try to go for a little walk after I eat (that really does help, it seems to get all the excess air out of my tummy) but sometimes I'm just too tired. I think the lack of protien is making me tired too - hopefully in a couple days when I can add the Protein Shakes I'll feel better.

Well I was banded on 8-17 and have lost 12 lbs. Saw the doc on tues and get a fill 9-27...have started mushies feeling pretty good. Some time s i get up too quick ( i think they wrapped that tube around my diaphram and rib)lol i have a golf ball knot at my port incision that makes it hard to sleep on my stomach like I want. The swelling around the port in still uncomfortable.

Anyone else have this problem and when does it go away. I was banded on Monday and it has gotten better but when i go up the stairs i sometimes can not take in a deep breath to catch my breath... The pain on my left side stops me.. Anyone know what I am talking about...loll

Amy