Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Disapointed

Hi Vicki!

Thanks for the great advice! What, by the way, are the things that can go wrong if the reflux keeps up? I think I figured out what I've been doing wrong...I fell into bad habits that I haven't done since (even before) the surgery--what with all the Easter chocolate and stuff we had around...I went to the doctor today because I felt so sick overnight!

I love hearing that you have dogs, cats and horses too! I did the same thing...gave up riding for much the same reason...and my knees had gotten so bad. (Had to have them replaced about 7 years ago, hips are next).

I cannot tell you how thrilled I am for you about wearing slim size clothes!!! I cannot wait! Today, dressing to go to the doctor's, I decided to try out the next smaller sizes of bra and panties I had here waiting for the moment. They fit--easily. I put on one of the smaller shirts that has fit--but a bit tight--and it is perfect. And, weight was down another pound. The shorts were already too big (had bought them for my son, but he's taller and bigger--muscular so I kept them to wear), but I like very loose shorts. The main thing was that they were very lightweight. When I went to the back, the nurse was going to skip the scales. (This Family Practice has 3 offices and I hadn't been to this one since presurgery--though everything is on computer.) I asked her if I could get on the scales (she was surprised--I usually HATE getting on.) I was so happy to see progress --even on the doctor's scales.

When she opened my file, she noted how much I've lost since I was last seen in another office (20lbs). The funny thing is that I didn't lose ANY more weight from that time more than a year ago until the last fill almost 3 months ago! This is the fill that is making the difference!

Even at this weight, I'm able to do so much more than I have in a long time. I'm so determined to get ALL the weight I want to lose off (my goal versus what my lapband doc thinks I'll be able to do).

Also wanted to share another minor similarity we share--though in TOTAL REVERSE!! When My husband's wedding gift to me was a motorcycle--not a Harley, but an Enduro (road and trail bike). We liked riding so much, he gave me his and got a bigger one. I was a wimp though...too many folks tried to run me off the road, so we only used them for trail riding. (Though Jim continued to road ride.) We got rid of them several years later.)

I just joined this group the day I first posted. What does PM mean? I'm guessing "private message." If so, not sure how to do that...please feel free to PM me! laura

Laura - Yes PM stands for private message. If you look up in the right hand corner of any page it will have a place to click on private messages. You can then email anybody that can only be read by them. I don't care if we continue to communicate through this page or private messages. I can give you my email address also.

The problem with continual reflux is that it damages the esophagus. This is not a good thing. It can lead to problems from minor irritation to esophagial cancer. If you haven't had it for long you will probably not have any lasting problems. Keep your doctor posted though. Also, using some Pepsid can help. Just don't let it go forever. You will probably figure out the cause and only have the normal occassional bouts once you do that. Some people, however, decide to live with it and that is not good.

I know what you mean about wanting to get on the scales now. I like to have it in my record that I am a success story. I'm usually not that in need of recognition but this was too big of an achievement not to have it noted. LOL

I am so timid on the street on my motorcycle. I went down once and luckily didn't get hurt bad. It sure didn't help my confidence though. I like riding it but I had to rein my motorcycle fanatic husband into realizing that I will never be like him. When we decide to go on long trips, I just hop on the back of his and turn on the music. I really do enjoy that.

Good job on getting into the smaller sizes. My grannie panties were really baggie before I decided I was being silly in not going shopping for smaller ones. I thought I was going to walk right out of them. Of course, then I got the thrill of shopping and I was off to the races. Thank goodness I have a very tolerant husband. I usually do everything in grand fashion.

I too have fallen into some bad habits. I'm really trying to break them at this point. It's hard when you don't really see the results on the scale. I have gotten where I drink my International Suisse Mochas (sugar-free) a little too much. I mean I'm hooked. I also have been eating too fast and not paying attention to the point of satisfaction and go for "FULL". Now I've only put on 3 pounds and I'm still at my goal weight since I was a little under but the red lights are a flashing!!! So, I'm starting to journal my food again and put the fork down in between bits. But the mochas are so very hard to give up. I will conquer this though. I refuse to go back up.

Keep in touch with me. My email address is vickiljones@aol.com.

Vicki

Guess we will just have to keep each other company! lol! But in all seriousness.. I have found an EXHORBINANT AMOUNT of help and support on this site. I appreciate every e-mail and every tid bit of info I find on here! Good Luck to All! and hope to see LESS OF YOU SOON!

Thanks so much for your good wishes. I'm investigating traveling to another state to have my band removed. The airline, motel rates & misc. expenses are still not as expensive as the exorbitant rates wanted in Phoenix. The dr. there is covered 100% by both my insurances so I have no out of pocket expenses but the ones mentioned.

I hope you have continuing success.

Hi Vicki,

Oh my goodness, that's my favorite 'addiction' that I'm wanting to end! I use the GFIC sugarfree Decaf mocha for at least two - three cups a day. I know my hand gets 'heavy' measuring the powder. I have it both hot like any coffee drink & iced to blend with my powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein.

I'm not gaining but the losing is slow!

Let me know how you do conquer this.

"I too have fallen into some bad habits. I'm really trying to break them at this point...I have gotten where I drink my International Suisse Mochas (sugar-free) a little too much. I mean I'm hooked... but the red lights are a flashing!!! So, I'm starting to journal my food again and put the fork down in between bits. But the mochas are so very hard to give up. I will conquer this though. I refuse to go back up."