Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Adelaide Bandsters???

Hey guys I am sorry but it looks like I wont be able to make it! :thumbup:

lunch is on! Saturday the 17th October at 12 noon. Cafe Palazzo Norwood. I have reserved seats and they are out in the back... seeya there!!!

hey everyone.. love this thread.. i am from Adelaide, Elizabeth area and i am wanting to get the band at the end of this year.. I joined private cover last year but was told i had to wait 12 months until i am covered to get it done.. geez i wish someone knew a way around that waiting period. anyway i am at the moment in the middle of making the appointment to go back to see my doctor to get the ball rolling with from what i can tell alot of appointments... So great to read other stories from Adelaide... Hope to chat to you all again soon....

Hi everyone

Its been ages since Ive been on here, hope everyone is doing well....sorry I missed the lunch, did it end up happening?

I guess a little updat on whats been happening with me.... Ummm I know we all love a good story :cursing: but...... A few weeks before Christmas my band started to feel so tight (Dr says something just triggered it off) and I had reflux like you wouldnt believe.....Anyways I was feeling crap so the doctor took out 1.5ml out of my band on the Thursday, I was feelign great will the friday night and then it all started.....I was vomiting every other minute, Saturday it got so bad that we called emergency number for Dr Anderson, who in turn told me to meet him at hospital URGENTLY, He took ALL my saline out of my band leaving me empty (OMG what a feeling that is, when it comes out) I had to go almost 3 weeks with no fill :thumbup: Needless to say the weight starting coming on.....I was naughty :) Anyway so a couple of weeks ago I got 5ml put back into my band, still no restriction.... I got down to 110kg (I was 147kg) though the Doc said not to pay any attention to it cause I was so dehydrated.... well today I weigh 117kg and Im so upset about it ;), I feel I have let my self down so badly.....But you know I have an appointment tomorrow, so its back to the old Trish Gym junkie again.... Im gonna bet this

Enough of all my babble, I promise to come on here more often and check on everyone else. Its so nice to have people going through the same things that you can complain to :cursing:

Big Hi Fives to everyone

MWAH

Trish x

Hiya! I was banded by Paul Leong on 19 Jan and am just out of hospital. I keep thinking 'OMG what have I done!' It's not too painful, a little uncomfortable more than anything. The worst is having to sleep sitting up at the moment, I am hoping that will go away soon!

Anyway, I am in the Northern suburbs and would be really interested in being part of any groups that might be happening. And if a group is out of the question, then a regular online catch up would be great!

Hello, I am in the North too :scared2: I live near the munno para shopping centre. I think we all would understand that feeling :cursing: I remember how uncomfortable the gas was :cursing: but i am four month in now and love it. well i am not sure if love is the right word, lol but it works i am almost fully restricted so i cant eat breads and thinks like steak and i can only have small portions. I am really used to eating slow and chewing alot which is great coz now i enjoy meals with my partner where before i just enjoyed alot of food..... if that makes sense at all. I think it would be great if this thread took off again coz it was great before :) I will update regularly so if you wanna share your thoughts or ask questions please do so :D

I'm up in Gawler. I am hoping that it really restricts me too. I've been reading a lot of posts from people who say they can eat anything and lots of it. I am so hoping this isn't going to be me. I need the restriction, because self discipline just doesn't work for me.

So far so good though... I am thinking about food a LOT and a little worried how feeding the family is going to impact on me because in the past when I've dieted I've gotten really jealous of the food others can eat.... I need to be UNABLE to eat it and then it won't matter. Fingers crossed!

Thanks for posting! I hope this takes off again too! :cursing:

Hello there, I would not get to hard on your self, so you had a little holiday :) you will get it back, I hope everything is going ok now though, alot of that 7kg may have been Water if you so dehydrated.

I have only had one problem and that was at xmas, I made meat patties as i thought coz it was mince it would be ok and had made so they were full of vegi too but it got stuck, like completely so even Water was hard and i could not eat for 3 days. but then it just passed so that was good, :D

anyways talk to you soon

Hi everyone

Its been ages since Ive been on here, hope everyone is doing well....sorry I missed the lunch, did it end up happening?

I guess a little updat on whats been happening with me.... Ummm I know we all love a good story :) but...... A few weeks before Christmas my band started to feel so tight (Dr says something just triggered it off) and I had reflux like you wouldnt believe.....Anyways I was feeling crap so the doctor took out 1.5ml out of my band on the Thursday, I was feelign great will the friday night and then it all started.....I was vomiting every other minute, Saturday it got so bad that we called emergency number for Dr Anderson, who in turn told me to meet him at hospital URGENTLY, He took ALL my saline out of my band leaving me empty (OMG what a feeling that is, when it comes out) I had to go almost 3 weeks with no fill :scared2: Needless to say the weight starting coming on.....I was naughty :cursing: Anyway so a couple of weeks ago I got 5ml put back into my band, still no restriction.... I got down to 110kg (I was 147kg) though the Doc said not to pay any attention to it cause I was so dehydrated.... well today I weigh 117kg and Im so upset about it :cursing:, I feel I have let my self down so badly.....But you know I have an appointment tomorrow, so its back to the old Trish Gym junkie again.... Im gonna bet this

Enough of all my babble, I promise to come on here more often and check on everyone else. Its so nice to have people going through the same things that you can complain to :)

Big Hi Fives to everyone

MWAH

Trish x

It is great to see people who are so close to where i am.. i too think this should keep going.. I am having alot of trouble with my private cover company so i havent been able to get the ball rolling yet for my stuff.. privat cover is being a real pain in the you know what.... they are trying to get out of something that they stuffed up and i am not letting them... i am standing my ground and they dont like it.. anyway i am always interested to hear other people stories on this...

I'm up in Gawler. I am hoping that it really restricts me too. I've been reading a lot of posts from people who say they can eat anything and lots of it. I am so hoping this isn't going to be me. I need the restriction, because self discipline just doesn't work for me.

So far so good though... I am thinking about food a LOT and a little worried how feeding the family is going to impact on me because in the past when I've dieted I've gotten really jealous of the food others can eat.... I need to be UNABLE to eat it and then it won't matter. Fingers crossed!

Thanks for posting! I hope this takes off again too! :scared2:

To be honest i at first there is not much restriction but as they fill it it gets tighter, my dad was banded by your doctor too, he lost over 50kg i think and is doing great so your in good hands, it is hard coz you really cant eat what others are eating but if you are talking about the family you live with everyone should be eating good food anyway so they should just have a bit respect/compasion... i dont know the right word for it but they need to eat the right foods too you just will have to eat less of it then them :cursing:

My Doctor told me to go through the fridge and cupboards and though out any bad foods...great advice, and then just dont buy anymore, this way your home is a safe food place :) it is easy to eat all day on Snacks especially if you were like me and you can eat without being hungry, so getting rid of the Snacks is a great thing.

Rule of thumb is a mouthful is a teaspoon full. My doctor told me to eat with a teaspoon too lol. twenty plus chews per mouthful one mouthful a minute, this way you should finish your meal in twenty mins. after twenty mins just stop eating take the food away, put it in the bin anything, if your like me if the food sits in frount of me i will just keep eating till its gone even if i am full........guess thats how i got here lol

also some great advice when eating out ask for half serve even if you have to pay for a full one, at least there wont be too much food. or you can share whats on your plate out with other people you are eating with. or cut the portion you should have off and put on your bread plate, then ask the waiter to take the rest away.

OH and on that note.... DONT TRY ANYTHING FOR THE FIRST TIME AFTER BANDING WHEN YOUR OUT!

Food will get stuck and you will be sick! you get used to it but it is painful and scary and it is involentary so not the funnest thing to be doing in a public place. no one told me that and i had a really bad experiance :cursing:

lol sorry if this is too much info but safe is better than sorry lol

Speak soon and i would be happy to catch up sometime :D

Yeah i had problems with my cover as I was covered for the op but not private hospital but as i was at low risk the dr agreed to do it in a public hospital as a private patient which wasnt too bad :cursing:

It is a pain with private health as they say they are bound by laws etc so they cant fix it etc but if they made a mistake you should stand your ground! GO FOR IT :scared2:

lol forgot to mention i put some before and now pics please have a look

Helllloooooo

Hey Tarob, Checked out your photos you are looking fantastic, you must be very happy with yourself.... you got me thinking I should put some of my photos up, so I have they are very embarrasing but I did it, I put them up :cursing:, I noticed in one of your posts you said you lived near Munno Para shops, so do I :scared2:

Its noce to see so many people out here in the same area, does anyone else go to the aquadome very often?? ?Im thinking about doing the aqua aerobics class, wondering if its any good???

Does anyone else have Facebook, if so message me, Id love to get in touch with all you guys

Cheers Trish

x

I have a Facebook too...

How do you do the private message thing so I can let you know who I am?

Hey Avril

Click on my name, or whoever else name you want, and click on send privtae message

I just sent you my Facebook details

Cheers Trish x