Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think I wanna go back to liquids...

Hey everyone, I think I wanna go back to liquids until my first fill. I'm tired of eating like I was eating before. I eat more than I should and I don't know how to stop! I know I've read this same type of message when other people have been in bandster hell, but OMG I didn't think it would be this bad! I'm trying to make a difference in my life, and I cannot keep eating like this. I'm still losing weight, but I know I could lose more if I could just keep my eating under control. So that's why I wanna do liquids again until my first fill (14 April 09), any suggestions? comments?

I don't understand - if you have enough will power to go back to liquids (which I personally found to be the hardest part) than why don't you feel you have enough will power to sustain a solid food diet?

Liquids is actually not a good stage to be on - its only to promote healing. In fact, you may end up consuming more calories than if eating solid food. You will always be hungry because liquids go right through the band. The band is meant for solid foods not liquid. You say you are losing weight - that's good. Research says that the in the time before the first fill you are expected to lose very little if any weight. The fact that you are losing now is a good sign and shows that the band is working. Don't expect too much at first. Remember this is a process that will take months or years. On average you should be losing 1-2 lbs a week or about 10% of your body weight.

Now I haven't experienced "bandster hell" - but my advice would be to find ways to control you eating. Are you eating 3 meals a day? Are you having a snack in between meals. Remember 3 meals and 3 Snacks a day is what you should be doing. Be sure you are having A SNACK rather than SNACKING.

Good luck.

I'm eating healthy foods, but I'm SNACKING as you said, not just eating one single snack at a time. I guess my reasoning is that if I don't allow myself to have anything but liquids, then I won't be tempted to be snacking all day..

I doubt it. If you're in bandster hell, hungry is hungry is hungry and its going to take a lot of willpower no matter what you're eating.

But I get your point - a program of some sort gives you boundaries. I'd be tempted to order in something home delivered - all calorie counted, portion measured etc. Most of us can keep that sort of thing up for a few weeks.

First off, congratulations on the weightloss since surgery. What an accomplishment. I'm a very slow loser and I wish I could lose weight like you've been losing!

I can relate on wanting to go back to the liquid diet. Maybe just do liquids for Breakfast. I've found that the best thing for me is to make sure I don't have snack foods around. Not at my desk or at home.

I make sure I have foods that require thought and preparation. That way I don't find myself grabbing for a piece (or two, three, four) of cheese or popcorn, chips, crackers, etc.

Keep some Protein rich foods prepared in the frig - boil up eggs in advance, mix a batch of refried Beans up so they can be quickly reheated, keep grilled/broiled/baked chicken on hand for quit reheating or to toss into a small salad.

This new lifestyle requires our patience and planning. It's been one of the hardest lessons I've had to learn. And I'm almost at my one year anniversary!

Keep up the good work. You can do this.

Have you tried any kind of Protein bars? I know if you haven't been used to them it sounds pretty unappealing, but they really are some that are quite. Clif bars, and luna bars are my favorite. They can have two to three hundred calories so you would need to be sure to count that, but they really are life savers. They have about 10 grams of Protein a piece so they leave you really satisfied and curb your sweet tooth. Since I have found these I have really been snacking much less because they really do fill you up...Just give it a try! and if you feel like you need something salty or crunchy, try air popped popcorn with salt or some type of rice cake.

You can do it! Good luck! Let me know how it goes!