Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If I were you Bethany...that is exactly what I would do...go straight to the office tomorrow morning. If you are there in person they are less likely to put you off. If you call and leave a message for her something else will come and she will not get to your request.

I sure hope we are as eager to use this lap band once we have it as we are to have it placed in us.....LOL!! Never the less...I am so excited for the surgery (whenever it may be) and to work on getting this weight off me. I wonder how in the heck I let this happen to myself. But I think we all look at ourselves and ask that same question. Once we have the surgery we will have no more excuses. I'll be thinking about you and Amy both...hoping for May Banding!!

I'm with you on that Kristi - but I bet once we get there we will still be as fired up, especially since we can lean on each other.

You two hurry and get your May dates already!

I went to the consultation with the surgeon today and the made a May 1st surgery date....yeah I am so excited. I still of course have to get an insurance approval but they said they are certain they will get one promptly. So Bethany...its your turn Girl to get you May date.

For sure we will have to keep each other going!!! i am looking forward the journey!!

Okay, Ladies...I turned in all my paperwork to the surgeon's office this afternoon...so now it's the waiting game! I tried to be extremely organized and thorough in putting together all my stuff...I just want to make sure Cigna can see I have everything! I practically made a little book with an index and highlighted the info they want to know! Overkill, maybe? Better than forgetting something, I suppose!

Soooo...I think I might be hopping on that May Lap Bandwagon with you! Yaaaaaaaayyyyy! Oh, and today is my 28th birthday...so turning in my stuff today was my birthday present to me!:sad::):)

Happy birthday, Bethany!! I think you did great with your paperwork - way better to have more than enough and organized. I'd start calling them on Monday or Tuesday...

And also, congrats Kristi! That rocks! May 1, huh. 5 days before me, you can give me your tips and tricks. :)

Thanks Amy! I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders getting all that stuff turned in. I hope the insurance coordinator will be prompt in submitting my paperwork! I asked her to let me know when she sends it in, so I can do the countdown (and call Cigna and bug them to approve me quickly!

Hopefully I'll be right behind you gals with my surgery date!:)

Well first off..Happy Birthday Bethany...what a great gift to yourself. That is so darn awesome. Second of all....woo hoo!!! I hope you are banded in May...we'll have a May rally!! I am shocked that you had to gather your own paperwork though. My surgeons office did everything except the letter from my primary DR...and I just requested that. But none the less the paperwork is turned and awaiting an approval. Congrats. I hope Cigna moves their butts. Heres to weight loss and looking fabulous!!!:thumbup:

Amy...I will definately be giving you guys some tips. My boss came back to work Tuesday after the Friday surgery and looks and is feeling great. I can't wait until she and I are in the same stage. I think it will be awesome support for the both of us.

Good luck Gals....can not wait until we are among the banded!!!

Good luck to you. I have been through all the hoops and got the ok letter from Cigna today. Yea! It has been a long road as you know. I think that I have had more problems with my drs. offices than I have had with Cigna. It is so hard to get things done when it is not someone else priority. Now hopefully I can get scheduled for the surgery soon. I have been working on this for about 2 yrs. now. Some complications and delays due to 2 hurricanes in this area, a change in insurance mid way plus several weeks waiting for info to be send to Cigna or from another MD office to the surgeon, so hang in and it will happen.

Congratulations on getting approved! I hope my surgeon's insurance coordinator will be quick in getting my stuff submitted. I wanna get this thing GOING!

Amy - all of my family lives in Texas...I was born there and lived there until i was five and then my family moved to Colorado Springs. But I've got family in Ft. Worth/Dallas, Lubbock, Midland, and a few other places.

I'll be keeping in touch with you guys to let you know when I get approved (because I refuse to believe anything else will happen!). Just think "May. May. May. May!"

That's awesome Bethany! I live in the N. Dallas area but was born in east TX. I actually work for a company HQ'ed in the Denver area so I have friends there and visit there too sometimes. :drool:

MAY! I am crossing my fingers for you to have a MAY date!

Bethany. I do have good news for you. Cigna seems to work pretty quickly after they get the info. Just call and make sure that they get the paperwork. That was my biggest problem. The MDs office would say that it had been sent. I would call Cigna and they didn't have it yet. It was not fun. The last thing to happen, Cigna requested some additional info. My MDs office said they sent it. I kept calling. Finally the MDs office gave me the phone # for the copy co. that was to copy and send the info. from my chart I called and the copy co. was waiting for Cigna to send $30 . I gave them the money.( I doubt that Cigna would ever pay for the records.) I called Cigna , and they got the info the next day , it took about 2 weeks to get it approved.

Thanks for info! I can't imagine that I won't get approved...I "checkmarked" everything off the Cigna list for approval, and I organized my packet of stuff so it's very easy to find everything (I highlighted my weights and put post-its on it on where to find specific info). I have no co-morbidities, but I've had a BMI of about 42 or a little more for over two years, and I had the medical records to prove it. SOOO...they better not deny me!

I will start calling them this week for sure! I WANT my May date!!! The sqweaky wheel gets the grease, right?:thumbdown:

Okay, i talked to the insurance coordinator and told her I really need to get approved so I can get surgery in May. She e mailed me and said she would submit my papers ASAP. I told her with my school year coming to an end in June, and there being massive budget cuts next year, that I was concerned that my insurance policy would change in terms of bariatric surgery at that point. Hopefully that will make things happen in the next few weeks. I WILL get my May surgery date!:(