Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Single,31,no kids, lookin for bandster friends

Hey ya'll,

I am 31, sigle, no kids, lookin for bandster friends around my age. It would be nice to go through this journey with someone that just plain old understands what I'm going through ya know? :w00t: I live in the San Fernano Valley in Southern Cali.

Anyways, I was banded 02-24-09 and I have only lost 10 lbs so far and I'm a bit upset about it. Is this normal? I have not had a fill yet, so maybe that's why? :tt1:

Edited by POMA

Hey! I'm 32 from South Florida and was banded a week ago (3/18/09). I'm also looking for bandster friends around my age.

When do you go in for your first fill??

Congrats! I wish you well. How are you feeling?

I go in for my first fill 04-13-09. My surgeon cancelled my last appointment last saturday for my first fill, he is on vacation, so I will have my first fill 7 weeks after surgery.

Maybe after I will have restriction and start losing. I guess it doesn't help that I haven't been working out much and eating kinda fatty foods.

hi poma

dont worry soon after your first fill you will start loosing some weight,but you have to watch what you eat and exercise.you can defenetly count me in as your friend if i can help you in any way here i am....lol MARIAH

Thank you, I appreciate the support. Yes, I have to stop the madness. I will work out tonight for sure.

HI, I am 33 single, no kids, and live in Maryland. I am not bandedyet, but am scheduled to be banded April 16th. So how is life for you two newly banded?

For me, I am going through a lot of ups and downs. I was depressed right after the band, and now I am ok. Everyone experiences different things ya know. I can't wait for my first fill to see a difference.

I wish you luck on your new endeavor. Keep in touch.

Hey out there :smile2:

I'm a 34 year old kiwi girl living in Australia. I had my surgery on 24 March - and am soooo looking forward to being able to eat solid food again :smile: But so far - this has been the best decision of my life! :wub:

I hope everyone's having a great day!

C

Hi...

I was banded on March 12th

I'm 31,single,no kids, and live in Orange County CA

If anyone wants to chat... im available to share my experiences so far.

Amy

Hey Amy,

How have you been doing after surgery? HOw much have you lost so far?

Hey out there :tt2:

I'm a 34 year old kiwi girl living in Australia. I had my surgery on 24 March - and am soooo looking forward to being able to eat solid food again :) But so far - this has been the best decision of my life! :)

I hope everyone's having a great day!

C

Hey there Kiwi girl,

How ya doing down under? How are you feeling lately? HOw much have you lost?

What's a Kiwi girl anyways. :blink:

HI Poma,

Today is i month after surgery and I'm feeling good. I recently started to feel hungry again and get cravings ... so I am looking forward to my first fill on the 22nd. Since surgery I have lost 18 pounds ... but lately i have been getting really painful tummy aches. Have you experienced anything like that? maybe im eating to much or to fast.

How are you feeling?

Thanks for starting this thread... Its a great idea :)

Hey out there :)

I'm a 34 year old kiwi girl living in Australia. I had my surgery on 24 March - and am soooo looking forward to being able to eat solid food again :) But so far - this has been the best decision of my life! :sad:

I hope everyone's having a great day

I'm an Aussie Girl living in the US... Small world...lol

Amy

Hey Amy,

I only get the stomach aches when I eat too much. Yes, I can eat pretty normal again. Can't wait till the first fill either. I am feeling pretty good/normal.

Hi! I'm 35, single, no kids.... I was banded on 3/30! I can't wait to hear how your first fill goes!

I'm belching soooo much since my surgery! eek! Did this happen to you? I'm hoping it goes away soon!

Hi from Arizona!