Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else scheduled for April 16th?

1 week post opt appt. was 4-24. Doc say's I'm fine. My first fill is scheduled for 5-26-09. I'm still suppose to be on liquids and shakes. My doctor doesn't allow mushies until week 4. I've already eaten some mashed potato (very small amount). I'm not liking the protien at all. I feel like I'm starving myself. I'm so tired of broth and Jello. I would love some eggs right now and refried Beans. I can't wait until I'm on full mushies. Anyone else still on liquids only?

1 week post opt appt. was 4-24. Doc say's I'm fine. My first fill is scheduled for 5-26-09. I'm still suppose to be on liquids and shakes. My doctor doesn't allow mushies until week 4. I've already eaten some mashed potato (very small amount). I'm not liking the protien at all. I feel like I'm starving myself. I'm so tired of broth and Jello. I would love some eggs right now and refried Beans. I can't wait until I'm on full mushies. Anyone else still on liquids only?

Hi Bee,

Isn't it weird how all doctors are different? I would be going crazy if I was still on liquids! How did the mashed potatoes go down? I was liquids for a week, then full liquids for a week then mushies. On week four I move to regular food....only chew,chew, chew and meat has to be the size of pencil eraser.

Funny the things you crave. I was never a big pancake eater, but I could kill for a pancake! LOL Wonder what that's all about??

All I can say is hang in there and soon we will all be eating real food again...

Bee,

I am still on liquids too and I am so tired of them! :wink: I read where others are eating and I am so jealous, but I keep telling my self 2 more weeks and it will be me. I have tried grits and mashed potatoes so far and they are ok.

The problem that I am having is that I feel so tired, and I keep getting so queasy throughout the day and I can't figure out why.:) It doesn't happen at the same time. When this happens, everything inside seems to tighten up and I can't drink to ease it up. Anyone else? If so, what are you doing? This has only started in the last 4-5 days; before that I was feeling SO GOOD! :smile:Anyway, I hope that everyone is doing ok.

Wow, still on liquids for two more weeks..thats a bummer. I only had to do liquids for 2 weeks and then moved on to mushies which is where I am currently at. But look at it this way, the longer you are on liquids the more you will lose initially. I know that my loss has either slowed way down or maybe even stalled already. I know it will move again because I still am not eating very much, but I sure did like it when I was seeing a pound or more a day.

How's everyone doing? I went out to eat at Applebees tonight with my daughter and was suprised there was actually something I could order! I had the french onion soup...did not eat the cheese though...and a small side of mashed potatoes. Only ate a few bites of the Soup, but the potatoes were yummy. It is so cool to know that you can still go out to eat and find mushies on the menu. :thumbdown: lol

I am totally burned out on Crystal Light. Now I am drinking Decaf iced tea and that tastes great. Hope you all are having a great weekend...ttys:smile:

Hi Bee,

Isn't it weird how all doctors are different? I would be going crazy if I was still on liquids! How did the mashed potatoes go down? I was liquids for a week, then full liquids for a week then mushies. On week four I move to regular food....only chew,chew, chew and meat has to be the size of pencil eraser.

Funny the things you crave. I was never a big pancake eater, but I could kill for a pancake! LOL Wonder what that's all about??

All I can say is hang in there and soon we will all be eating real food again...

Maple and brown sugar Cream of Wheat smells and tastes just like pancakes! Or at least I've convinced myself that it does. :thumbdown:

I can't wait until Tuesday when I get to move into more real food!!

Maple and brown sugar Cream of Wheat smells and tastes just like pancakes! Or at least I've convinced myself that it does. :biggrin:

I can't wait until Tuesday when I get to move into more real food!!

Thanks for that! I am gonna try some! :smile: May not be pancakes, but I have a great imagination!lol

I get to move to more real food on Friday. Let me know what they tell you that you can eat on Tuesday.

My list has week 3 as including fish and moist meat patties (no chicken or beef yet, so I'm not sure what that means, maybe soy products? I have to email and ask), eggs & Beans. I'll be comfortable eating anything that texture and consistency.

Week 2 was mushy foods for me, but I made sure to start the week more liquid and move into cottage cheese and such towards the end.

I have a pretty relaxed food plan so I'm mostly restricting myself from certain things on my own. I'm so afraid to cause damage.

Well I've totally ignored my Doc's rules. I was suppose to be on full liquids for another week. But I simply couldn't stand not eating and have no energy. So I made the move to mushies, refried Beans and gaucamole. I really screwed up this morning and ate 1/2 blueberry muffin. I shouldn't have done that and feel such tremendous guilt.

Heather- dont stress, this is a work in progress for the rest of our lives. I couldn't do it anymore either so I spoke with my doctor and he said everyone progresses different and he told me that I could progress as my body let me. I am currently eating just about anything I havent eaten a lot of bread products but most everything else I eat I just chew chew chew. I wish everyone the best.

I get my first fill on May 15 I cant wait.

Hey, Heather, Do NOT beat yourself up over a muffin! lol It is okay and everyone messes up once in a while. Just try to get back on track. I am not feeling much restriction in the evenings anymore. I had some wheat thins with my tuna tonight and figured I will be cleared for them in another 3 days so I am not gonna stress over it. I just needed something more than the tuna. At least they were wheat crackers. :thumbup: Still, I feel bad they are not really approved yet, and I know what you are going through. Call your doc's office if you can and see if you can move on to other stuff earlier. It's funny how all of us that were banded on the same day have different diets to follow, huh? I was cleared for refried Beans at week 2. I feel like I would have died without those beans to pull me through the hunger. Anyway, hang in there and just move forward. You can't change the past, but tomorrow is another day:smile:

Yeah, I too moved to mushies about 2-3 days earlier than my week three. But I told the doc and he was ok with it. The bad news is I ate a cookie today :thumbup:. My sister made these cinnabon Cookies and they just looked so good and it was the last one so I ate it. I feel guilty but I sure did chew chew chew... I am also starting to notice that the amt I was eating and was fine with is now starting to not seem like so much. And I am feeling like I want more food. I have not felt anything that feels like restriction yet, I think I have been going on just the swelling and will power alone. But now I am afraid that it is not enough and I do not want to gain any weight back. I sure have not lost any since last week which in itself is a huge bummer.

On the bright side though I have decided that I actually like my chicken pureed better than eating it regular..LOL. I was never much of a meat eater because it gets all stuck in your teeth and I did not like chewing it. So I may just keep on pureeing my chicken forever. Today I had my pureed chicken with a little salsa and cheese and it was yummy. Other days I have been just putting a little bar b q sauce or honey mustard sauce on it to give it a little flavor. I bought some refried Beans but I am not quite sure what to do with them. How is everyone else eating their refried beans?

Thanks for the support and pep talk Ladies! I'm offically in bandster hell. I'm truly HUNGRY not head hunger. Today I'm working on solving that issue.

I microwave my refried Beans for 2-3 minutes with Mild Green Salsa mixed in. At home I add shredded cheddar. I stir the mixture several times while it's heating up. One time I didn't and had some crunchy bits, not good. I love love love my beans :thumbdown:

I usually heat the ff refried Beans in the microwave, then top it with some shredded cheese, light sour cream and a little mushed up avocado. Tastes like "real" mexican food to me:smile2:

The refried beans are a life saver in the mushy stage!

I have an appt on Friday and will get moved to the next food stage. I am looking forward to it, but scared at the same time. I am worried about losing control and eating more than the amount allowed since I don't feel any restriction. I guess it is all part of the process....learning to eat again. We just have to get through all the phases and then once we start getting filled it will be better. At least that is what I keep telling myself:unsure:....over and over...lol

One thing that i have been eating is pureed chicken with some salsa a little cheese and a little bit of refried Beans ( i found a use for them...LOL) It is actually really tasty, and when I am at work and people come in the break room they ask me what it is because it smells so good. I am not sure if I am eating too much or not though. What I have been doing is cooking 2 perdue perferct portions chicken breasts ( I think they are 6 onces each) and then pureeing them and splitting it 3 ways to make 3 meals so I guess that is about 4 ounces each. Then I add the salsa, cheese and refried beans. I have been also eating green giant frozen green beans with almonds ( but have not been eating the almonds) and then I eat half with lunch and half with dinner and have a SF Jello with lunch and dinner. Does this sound like it is on par with what you guys are eating?