Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else scheduled for April 16th?

I've become a scale addict, well to be honest and even worse scale addict. I think I've weighed myself about 30 times since Saturday. I keep waiting to see if I'm in the two hundreds. I still can not believe I made it to past three hundred pounds. But that is the past, my future will be me in ONEderland!!

I want tomorrow to just get here and over with. I've been waking up in the middle of the night just thinking about what's to come. I've got to change my focus and just live day to day. But it's so hard when I feel like I've been given this amazing gift and I want to know how it will all workout. KWIM?

I don't know if I told you guys, but I have a sister, two cousins and an uncle who've all been banded. My sis, one cousin & uncle are going on 4-5years. My other cousin is less than 8 months out and now pregnant. So I have personal success stories in my real life. Though my sis isn't a very good example of how to eat after banded. But she has maintained weight loss, not sure how much, she is private about that.

Hey everybody, TOMORROW is our day!! I cannot believe it is finally here and that we will all soon join the land of the banded. Amazingly, I am not too nervous, just sort of excited and ready. I am packing my bag and guess that sort of makes it really real! lol

I went to the store today to stock up on food for the rest of my family and to get my pain med filled. I am required to eat only soft stuff today and tonight for dinner...mashed potatoes, Soup, oatmeal. Well, I had potato soup for lunch and will probably just have a Protein Shake tonight. I am not the least bit hungry! Must be the excitement!!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU!!

Talk to you all soon, and please post as soon as you feel up to it. I will try to get my hands on the computer at the hospital if possible.

PS Jen, I got the chocolate truffle in the mail today...YUM! Thank you thank you thank you...I am so happy to have a shake I can live with and love at the same time!:)

hospital if possible.

PS Jen, I got the chocolate truffle in the mail today...YUM! Thank you thank you thank you...I am so happy to have a shake I can live with and love at the same time!:)

Well I am glad you like it. I would have never found it if it had not been for a prev post I read about getting the nectar sampler pack for 9.99. That is the beauty of these message boards. They are a great tool to use for help and encouragement.

I want to say Good Luck to us all again. I still have not started packing :thumbup: I guess I better get to it soon.

Tomorrow's my day, too! Gotta be at the hospital at 6:30am. I'm very nervous, excited, scared, happy, hoping/know I'm doing the right thing.

Best wishes to everyone for your surgery tomorrow. Let's catch up on Friday or Saturday and share our experiences.

Blessings!!!

ALL DONE!

Was at the hospital at 5:30am, surgery was a tad late...started around 8am. I walked in my front door at Noon.

I've been sleeping off and on this afternoon. I had a lot of weird pain when I woke up from surgery (my first thought was, what did I just do?? lol) and am currently having some gas/shoulder pains but nothing horrible. Worst thing is I feel bloated...and I do mean BLOATED, lol.

All in all I feel great and I'm ready for my new life! :rolleyes2:

Congrats Abbie! I'm not feeling so hot. I'm sure it's gas. I've taken morning 20 min walk then a 30 min this afternoon.

I'm not enjoying the pain around the port but I'll deal with it. So darn hard to get up & down. This too shall pass.

Congrats on your band myturn!!! :)

Yes, the bloating/gas is still kicking my butt and I notice the port area more and more every hour lol.

I've been running errands and such this afternoon so, I got a lot of walking in. Hubby has been good to me, he went in to work for a bit this morning but has been home all afternoon to drive me around.

I think I'll call it an early night. :sad:

By the way, I've named my band "betty". :)

HI, everyone. Well I have my band. But I am not feeling so hot. The gas pain is pretty bad and so is the port pain. I sure miss my iv meds that I had while I was in the hospital. As well as the bed and the trapeze to help get myself up. It is really hard to get out of my bed or off of the recliner. Right now I am wondering what in the world I did to myself. I am sure once I get past this pain all will be well though.

Hi, everyone I am just now feeling up to typing...wanted to let you know that I made it, but am in a bit of pain today.

My surgery was at 9 am and I got to my room after recovery at 1:45. I walked the halls about a half hour after getting to my room even though I was groggy. I had a lot of shoulder pain from the gas, but forcing myself to walk a lot helped with that.

I left the hospital this morning at 11 and have been home now for a few hours. I do miss the hospital bed! lol Loved how it could be adjusted.

My surgeon came in this morning and said everything went fine, but she found a hiatal hernia that I didn't even know I had! She repaired it while she was in there, thank goodness.

I don't feel the port pain at all, it is mostly on the left under my ribs area. She said I can shower already, but I want the steri strips to stay on as long as possible, so I will cover them with something. The port site is covered with a waterproof bandage.

How are you all doing on getting the liquids in? I am sipping, sipping, sipping, but seems like I am no where near 64 ounces for the day. I have had broth, slimfast hi Protein, crystal light and some Water, but64 ounces? it is not gonna happen today.

Just took some pain med, makes me really sleepy, but takes away the pain really well! Hope you all are doing okay, Hang in there...it will only get better! Oh yeah, I am bloated feeling too:unsure:Guess that is normal. I am impressed at how small the incisions are. Guess they need to inflate us pretty well to see everything.

Hope to hear from you soon!

My surgery went well I just wasnt excited to drive 3 1/2 hours home but it wasnt to bad. I was at the hospital at 1:30 and went in for surgery at 3:40. I was back at my hotel at 6:30. I did well the first night but last night was horrible I actually vomited it just all of sudden hit me like a ton of bricks.

Scooby- I agree how in the world am I going to be able to get down 64 oz of Fluid. Good news I am already down 5 more lbs. I want to put up a ticker but I dont know how can anyone help me with that. I am soo glad everyone is doing well, the pain will pass soon.

Rannah, so sorry to hear that you got sick. That must've hurt like heck to vomit...I coughed today and thought I was gonna die! But feeling much better now, and definitely can say that today is better than yesterday.

Still a bit sore, but tolerable. sleeping is hard cause I can't lay on my side yet because it hurts so I am propping myself up with tons of pillows and sort of sleeping that way. Has anyone else tried laying on their side yet?

I found that drinking my Protein Shake first thing in the morning is best, since I can get in the 8 oz. (the chocolate truffle by nectar has 23 gms of Protein in one scoop) then added to 8oz. of skim milk gives it another 20 gms. So all together 43 gms in 8 oz, then the rest of the days protein is easier, I can even have a 15 gm slimfast shake and be okay.

I find that drinking the warm chicken broth is easy, It goes down really well. Water on the other hand tastes funny to me and is harder to get down.

I finally resumed taking my synthroid pill this morning for my thyroid, I was soooo scared to take a pill, but broke it in half and took it with sips and it went down. Gee, the things I took for granted, like taking a pill!

Well, as someone else said, this is all temporary. We will all be able to eat real food again someday, it will just take a lot less of it to satisfy us.

Jen, glad to hear you made it okay, I have been wondering about you. Hope you feel better today. I truly would be in trouble without that nectar protein you suggested. It goes down much better than the other stuff I have tried.

Well, off to sip my broth and maybe take a nap if I can get comfortable. Take care everyone...

Hey everyone i feel much better, I think the reason I vomited was because I took my pain medication on an empty stomach. I was just so tired I didn't think about it. Passing a ton of gas of course mostly in public :tt1:. when I did vomit it was a little uncomfortable but it actually hurts more to cough then it did to vomit. I really want to progress from Clear Liquids to full liquids but I am scared of causing pain or not being ready for it.

Yeah I am having a hard time getting in all of my fluids too. Today I drank about half of my Protein Shake this morning, I had some Water and then for lunch I had a cup of vegetable Soup and just ate the broth. for dinner I made a campbells microwavable bowl of soup and just ate the broth and had some more water and crystal light. I just hope I dont get dehydrated. I had to ride to the ariport 2 hours away today to pick up my niece and it was not too bad. I was expecting it to be worse after my horrible night of trying to sleep. I think I might be starting to feel better. The only bad thing is that my pain medicine is these huge pills that I have to cut up into little pieces. My doc does usually give a liquid pain medicine but since I am allergic to codeine he could not give it to me. They were giving me IV dilaudid in the hospital and it made me itch all over but worst of all on my face. Well anyway sorry for the long rambling post, my thoughts are still a little disconnected..;). I am hoping tomorrow will be much better yet.

Hey everyone i feel much better, I think the reason I vomited was because I took my pain medication on an empty stomach. I was just so tired I didn't think about it. Passing a ton of gas of course mostly in public ;). when I did vomit it was a little uncomfortable but it actually hurts more to cough then it did to vomit. I really want to progress from clear liquids to full liquids but I am scared of causing pain or not being ready for it.

Rannah, glad to hear you are doing better. I think each day it improves. I can actually cough now and it is tolerable. I have started passing gas too but no BM yet. Figure that will come whenever. I go in on the 22nd to have my post op check and then it will be mushies. What is in the full liquids that is not in the clear liquids?

Clear liquids means Water based things only. So no milk for the Protein Shake, no pudding or yougurt, no cream based Soups. It is actually harder than I thought to stick to that because broth is just icky and it only has 5 calories per cup, so I have been just making regular non creamy soups and eating the broth from that. I am supposed to be on clear liquids for week one, then for week two can progress to full liquids, week three pured foods and week four soft foods. But I may be moving up the full liquid phase a little bit.