Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JUNE 2009 Lap Band Surgery

I didn’t really lose weight between my 2nd and 3rd fill even though I had 8cc. Part of it was my fault. I was able to eat more than I thought I could so I said oh well, might as well drink while I eat since it is passing through the restriction anyway. I think it would have worked a little better if I hadn’t given in and had taken a different approach. It doesn’t matter now because since a week ago after my last fill I have lost 12 lbs!!!!!!! Unreal! This is FINALLY working. Part of it was my fault, but some other things were out of my control. First I learned that Mexican doctors often do not put any Fluid in the band to begin with. If he had maybe I would have lost some early on. Secondly, I couldn’t get in for my second fill until 5 weeks after my first. The Dr. was booked. I am not completely blaming my lack of weight loss on these factors, but I feel that they played a roll in it. What matters to me now is that I met my first goal and I am finally down to 400 for the first time in almost two years! Even though it’s been a few months since my surgery and I feel like I am so behind on my weight loss, I now feel like everything is finally coming together and that I am going to be successful at it. Congrats to all of you who have been doing so much better than me! I will be catching up with you all soon!

I didn’t really lose weight between my 2nd and 3rd fill even though I had 8cc. Part of it was my fault. I was able to eat more than I thought I could so I said oh well, might as well drink while I eat since it is passing through the restriction anyway. I think it would have worked a little better if I hadn’t given in and had taken a different approach. It doesn’t matter now because since a week ago after my last fill I have lost 12 lbs!!!!!!! Unreal! This is FINALLY working. Part of it was my fault, but some other things were out of my control. First I learned that Mexican doctors often do not put any Fluid in the band to begin with. If he had maybe I would have lost some early on. Secondly, I couldn’t get in for my second fill until 5 weeks after my first. The Dr. was booked. I am not completely blaming my lack of weight loss on these factors, but I feel that they played a roll in it. What matters to me now is that I met my first goal and I am finally down to 400 for the first time in almost two years! Even though it’s been a few months since my surgery and I feel like I am so behind on my weight loss, I now feel like everything is finally coming together and that I am going to be successful at it. Congrats to all of you who have been doing so much better than me! I will be catching up with you all soon!

Fantastic! Go Girl!

I know we all want to see immediate striking results but when my losses start to slow down I just tell myself that it took me 30 years to get that big, can't take 30 days to reverse it. I love the clothes being too big and working down my wardrobe, my dilemma now is what suits me? The last time I actually chose clothes that I liked rather than concealed me was about 20 years ago but it seems fashion doesn't always suit me now. Oh well, looks like I go for classics and work from there. I have a wedding in 4 weeks and have no idea what to wear; can't buy the outfit until the same week of the wedding or chances are it just won't fit. What a change to have choices though in everything we do, it's wonderful.

Fantastic! Go Girl!

I know we all want to see immediate striking results but when my losses start to slow down I just tell myself that it took me 30 years to get that big, can't take 30 days to reverse it. I love the clothes being too big and working down my wardrobe, my dilemma now is what suits me? The last time I actually chose clothes that I liked rather than concealed me was about 20 years ago but it seems fashion doesn't always suit me now. Oh well, looks like I go for classics and work from there. I have a wedding in 4 weeks and have no idea what to wear; can't buy the outfit until the same week of the wedding or chances are it just won't fit. What a change to have choices though in everything we do, it's wonderful.

My body has changed so much since the last time I weighed this much. I've totally lost my butt and now have the typical Dutch flat wide back end of a bus hind end.

I also had a fat abdomen but not a tummy. Now I've got 2 rolls and the bigger one is on top My waist is thicker, my hips are thinner and so are my thighs. If it fits my waist it bags on my butt and thighs.

So what suits me is not currently in the stores. LOL.

But I still look better in clothes than before, and want more of them.

Cheri

By the way, I've lost 47 lbs., 23 to go. Whoo hoo!

My body has changed so much since the last time I weighed this much. I've totally lost my butt and now have the typical Dutch flat wide back end of a bus hind end.

I also had a fat abdomen but not a tummy. Now I've got 2 rolls and the bigger one is on top My waist is thicker, my hips are thinner and so are my thighs. If it fits my waist it bags on my butt and thighs.

So what suits me is not currently in the stores. LOL.

But I still look better in clothes than before, and want more of them.

Cheri

I posted a whole thread on this.According to my measurements I have a size 14 bust, a size 20 waist and a size 8 - 10 bum! So which shop stocks clothes for that body shape????

I have lost 16kg(35lb) since my heaviest weight in Jan and have approx 6kg(13.2lb) to go. It's wonderful - I feel great. Now I want to be in photo's instead of always behind the camera.

And what is even better is that the whole process has been relatively easy. Yes I get stuck sometimes but on the whole if I am careful I can eat anything. I haven't cut out any food groups, I don't count calories and if I feel like a treat I will have one.

this is the best thing I have ever done. I wish I had done this years ago instead of wasting money on:-

Various diet clubs e.g weight watchers

"Dodgy" programmes e.g Sure slim

pills e.g Reductil,Nobese

Clinics that used machines to melt the fat

Hypnosis

Just to name a few:thumbup:

I posted a whole thread on this.According to my measurements I have a size 14 bust, a size 20 waist and a size 8 - 10 bum! So which shop stocks clothes for that body shape????

I have lost 16kg(35lb) since my heaviest weight in Jan and have approx 6kg(13.2lb) to go. It's wonderful - I feel great. Now I want to be in photo's instead of always behind the camera.

And what is even better is that the whole process has been relatively easy. Yes I get stuck sometimes but on the whole if I am careful I can eat anything. I haven't cut out any food groups, I don't count calories and if I feel like a treat I will have one.

this is the best thing I have ever done. I wish I had done this years ago instead of wasting money on:-

Various diet clubs e.g weight watchers

"Dodgy" programmes e.g Sure slim

pills e.g Reductil,Nobese

Clinics that used machines to melt the fat

Hypnosis

Just to name a few:thumbup:

Weight Watchers

Dexatrim

Slimfast

Atkins

Jenny Craig

Hypnosis(thanks, I forgot about that)

Thyroid with an unknown appetite suppressant

Overeaters Anonymous

TOPS

exercising like a maniac

a religious group (lasted 2 meetings, too many rules, too much talk about gluttony, figured Jesus would not have attended either)

various supplements which I believe had extreme amounts of caffeine and who knows what in them.

I've lived 57 years. I don't even remember all the things I did and tried.

My hysterectomy 10 years ago is partially responsible for the redistribution of my weight. Pregnancies, nursing, age and weight loss have warped the rest.

But I'm still looking much better. 47 lbs off, 23 to go. Whoo hoo! Not there yet. This is the weight I was at the end of my pregnancies.

But my health is so much better. No more blood pressure meds or supplements. No more reflux meds since the Dr. fixed my hiatal hernia when he put in the lapband. I'm thinking soon no more cholesterol meds.

I've discovered Miralax and am no longer eating Fiber like a madwoman to counteract the Constipation I've suffered since a baby.

Life is good. Got other issues but this part of my life is so good.

How about the

Rice Diet

Grapefruit Dietand does anyone remember AYDS?

How about the

Rice Diet

Grapefruit Dietand does anyone remember AYDS?

oh yeah! Did the Ayds candies... I loved them.. Problem is.. I would eat the Ayds and then EAT THE MEAL! LOL! So glad to be on the "BAND" wagon now! Working wonderfully!

How about the Master Cleanse! Awful tasting lemonade made with horrible tasting grade whatever Syrup and cayenne pepper and Smooth Move tea at night....I made it four days...my daughter used to do it every year for 10 days. Beyonce did it for 10 days from Dream Girls and then promptly went to dunkin donuts or something like that...it was the worst. I think I've done everything that was listed in the other posting except the religious one...:smile2:

Trisha

Did the Ayds and the Grapefruit.

Oh yes AYDS I think that was my very first diet when I was 17, look where that lead! LOL

How about the Master Cleanse! Awful tasting lemonade made with horrible tasting grade whatever Syrup and cayenne pepper and Smooth Move tea at night....I made it four days...my daughter used to do it every year for 10 days. Beyonce did it for 10 days from Dream Girls and then promptly went to dunkin donuts or something like that...it was the worst. I think I've done everything that was listed in the other posting except the religious one...:smile2:

Trisha

Gracious! That is a new one on me! And I thought I had TRIED THEM ALL! lol! Glad to be on the "Band Wagon"!

The Master Cleanse isn't really for dieting...it's really to cleanse your body of all the toxins..there are some silly people out there that will do it for 30 days...aggghh...the only think I can say is that even just after three days, the knees didn't hurt. But since losing 52 lbs through my Realize band journey the knees don't hurt anymore...so not venturing into any cleansings anymore...lol

Trisha

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I posted but glad to see everyone is doing well. Had 3 classes this summer and that was super stressful, but still managed to get a fill (2nd one was last week) and lose some weight. Now fall semester has begun, but I can tell this 2nd fill is doing its job. :tongue2:

weight.png

I think we all ought to sue Ayds. I think they still make it. It's probably responsible for our obesity. I couldn't stop eating them. And then I, too, ate my supper as well.

That cleanse sounds awful. Don't like grapefruit so that diet was pretty awful.

By the way I also tried laxatives but I was so naturally constipated it didn't work. It just made me normal. LOL. I tried throwing up but food just doesn't taste the same coming up as going down, though I had it from the horse's mouth that ice cream tastes the same. LOL.

I've got my big shindig for my college at Navy Pier in downtown Chicago this Friday. I'm going to wear the suit I got married in 10 years ago. I was relatively thin at that time. 23 lbs to goal. Yeah!

Love my band.