Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all,

Can you'll share with me how fast you can drink Water. Can you take large sips or so you always take teeny tiny sips?

I am still not able to get in enough water and I was thinking that maybe I am just trying to drink it to slowly with to small of sips. I am drinking water all day long from the time I get up until I go to bed with the exception of right before I eat until at least 30-45 minutes afterwards.

I am probably more worried about this than I need to be but in the past water has always been the key to successful weight loss for me. I know that it is important as a bandster.

Your concern regarding Water at 10 days post-op is NOT weight loss, it's hydration. Keep sipping all day, just as you are, that's great! Stay hydrated so you can heal. Worry later about guzzling and losing weight.

Just so you know, I just finished shining my kitchen sink and started moving through the fridge and cabinets looking to graze on a small snack. I stopped long enough to say to myself, I'm not hungry, I'm thirsty!!!! So I grabbed my freshly cleaned pitcher from the drain rack and made a batch of Rasberry Tea Crystal Light, poured a large tumbler with ice and downed half of it standing at the sink. Yummy. I'm suddenly not so hungry! :rolleyes: It feels so so good to be able to guzzle tea and water. You'll get there. Heal now, you are doing great!

Gotta agree with Kathy on this one. Ten days post op, just sip sip sip.

I'm almost 6 months post op now and while I can't get much Water in early in the day, from mid afternoon til I go to bed I'm drinking like crazy. I can generally get in a good 6 big ole Dixie cups of water in from the time I eat dinner until bedtime.

You're doing just fine :rolleyes:

I will keep on sipping. ;-) I worried about this and asked when I was on the 1 week liquid diet and was told the same thing, just drink what I can. I stopped worrying about it so much and started drinking from a 1 oz. medicine cup.

Yesterday afternoon, I decided I should read over my paperwork again and in place after place it states to get in at least 64 oz. of Water per day. I spent the rest of the afternoon concenterating on water, it was almost midnight (new day) and I hadn't gotten 64 oz.

I just want to do everything right. Thanks for you'lls patience with me and continuing to assure me again and again that I am doing ok.

When I was a fresh post op, I found that drinking from sports bottles with sports caps worked for me than just trying to sip. The sports cap prevented me from gulping Water too much. I also found that drinking water at or near room temperature was easier to drink than cold water.

One thing my Dr told me was that our bodies don't know how to distinguish hunger from thirst. If I was feeling hungry, particularly in the evening or at night, that I might be thirsty and to drink a glass of water to see if that helped. I found that it really did help, that I wasn't drinking enough during the day (especially the mornings when I'm at my tightest). I can easily drink 64oz of water or Crystal Light in the late evening. I am that thirsty!

Good luck, sounds like you're doing what you're supposed to be doing.

Mercy

2/9/05

428/408/330/180