Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cosmetic Surgery and an Unfill??

Were you advised to have your band unfilled before cosmetic surgery?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Were you advised to have your band unfilled before cosmetic surgery?

• Yes, and i followed dr.'s orders
    • Yes but i didnt get it unfill
    • No, but read it on lbt.com and still got it unfilled
    • No, first time i heard of this

So i just learned from my band surgeon that i should probably get an unfill before my surgery on March first in order to prevent any harm to the band, stomach, and esophagus..

This kind of surprised me to hear this...:hurray:

I really am dreading an unfill because of previous experiences..

The last complete unfill i got was right before my cholecystectomy (gallbladder removal) back on July 31st.

It took me 5/6 months to finally get restriction again... I dont want to go through this again...:party:

So what i wanna know is how many people had to get their bands unfilled for surgery??

And if you didnt get an unfill where there any complications???

I had a lower body lift in Jan and did not get an unfill prior. My PS did not advise and I did not have any complications, in fact I am going for a fill in a week. I hope this helps

I've been told I'll have to be completely unfilled one week prior to my LBL, mainly because if I get nauseous from the anaesthetics, my PS doesn't want there to be any obstruction to my being about to throw up.

He said I could get re-filled a week after surgery, so I've booked myself to be unfilled 8 days prior to surgery, and then to be refilled 7 days after surgery, but my bariatric surgeon says he'll only put back 80% of what I currently have now, with me having to get that last 20% back with monthly fill appts. Meaning it will take me months to get back to my current restriction.

Not happy about that at all, tbh, but I'll do as my PS says.

I did not get an unfill for my PS. I made sure to have the Dr give me the Nausua patch that I put on my arm on the way to the hospital surgery morning, and also the Anestiaoligest (sp) knew about my band and not being able to throw up and gave me something in my IV for it. I think I used the Patches for about a week and I had a prescription med just in case I needed it, but I never did.

So i just learned from my band surgeon that i should probably get an unfill before my surgery on March first in order to prevent any harm to the band, stomach, and esophagus..

This kind of surprised me to hear this...:cool2:

I really am dreading an unfill because of previous experiences..

The last complete unfill i got was right before my cholecystectomy (gallbladder removal) back on July 31st.

It took me 5/6 months to finally get restriction again... I dont want to go through this again...:biggrin:

So what i wanna know is how many people had to get their bands unfilled for surgery??

And if you didnt get an unfill where there any complications???

I just now saw your thread...I did not know about an unfill before my procedures, but had absolutely no probs what so ever.

How did it go for you? Hope you had no complications.

Good luck, Joanie :mad2:)

i just now saw your thread...i did not know about an unfill before my procedures, but had absolutely no probs what so ever.

how did it go for you? Hope you had no complications.

good luck, joanie :thumbdown:)

everything went wonderful!!! Got 2.3ccs out before the surgery and it is now almost 3wks post op and am gettting it put back in.. But all is weell. Thanks