Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well I made it. I didn't do good in surgery. They said I was in so much pain they had to give me so much pain meds during and after surgery. They said in recovery I would hold my breath everytime I would have a pain. Then they gave me so much pain meds that I couldn't go to the bathroom. I didn't think I was ever going to get out of there. I'm doing better now I guess. Still alot of gas. I have been walking all around my house and outside and I get up in the middle of the night and walk. Now tomorrow I can start eating pureed food I am little scared about that I haven't eaten in 4 days. I don't even feel like I want to eat. Well I hope everyone else is doing good. The month is over so we all have done it. :( Again I hope everyone is doing great. And good luck with the Independence Day Challenge.

Well I made it. I didn't do good in surgery. They said I was in so much pain they had to give me so much pain meds during and after surgery.
Sorry to hear you were in so much pain! Hopefully you will feel better soon.

I'm 4 days out and I am feeling better. Or at least when I wake up...by last night I was in a good amount of pain. But Lortab is about the most effective sleep medication I've ever taken. I wish I had pain medication that didn't just knock me out though.

I'm still not that hungry...but I have been dying for the taste of something other than Slimfast. I don't even know if I can have another one of those. Last night my mom took me the supermarket so that I could buy some different Soups..it was like heaven! I am using my magic bullet to blend everything...thanks for the tips to get one of those! Last night I had a dream that I accidently forgot that I wasn't supposed to eat anything and ate a piece of ham. I immediately panicked in my sleep! The psychological component of eating is strong.

Hope all other recent bandsters are hanging in there!

I was one of four people who were in post-op with bands. I had the easiest experience of the four. The other people were in so much pain so your experience is unfortunately common. Get up as quickly as possible because it does a great job of getting out the gas. The one thing I didn't expect was the ride home being so painful. Then when I got home I started playing with kids and trying to sllep in my own bed. The first day home was the toughest for me. I don't understand how some people go home the same day. Hang in there because you and me are going to suceed!!!

wjm iii

Hi there everyone. I was banded on the 14th and everything went very well. No pain just the typical gas that everyone gets.

I wanted to reply to Help1977 - I felt the exact same way that you did and didnt want to even look at food. It does get better. I was doubtful at first but after about 4 days. everything was much better. I was off my pain meds on the 4th day. Looking forward to hear how you and everyone else that was banded is doing.

What a wonderful gift we've been given huh =)

Hi there everyone. I was banded on the 14th and everything went very well. No pain just the typical gas that everyone gets.

I wanted to reply to Help1977 - I felt the exact same way that you did and didnt want to even look at food. It does get better. I was doubtful at first but after about 4 days. everything was much better. I was off my pain meds on the 4th day. Looking forward to hear how you and everyone else that was banded is doing.

What a wonderful gift we've been given huh =)

I was banded april 27 and everything went well. I didn't have much gas pain until yesterday, my first day back at work. the pain in my left shoulder, collar bone and neck was almost unbearable. I work about an hour away from home so I had to drive like that. When I got home and took the pain meds, percocet, I was fine but it also knocks me right out. My doctors office said it can't be gas from the surgery because the surgery was a week ago. Did anyone else have gas this late after surgery. I am 7 days post op.

mlat1822, I was banded on the same day as you and had a similiar experience on my first day back. I hadn't had much gas pain at all, but as the work day progressed, sharp pains in my shoulder and chest became more and more intense. I did some walking on the way home and then took my Lortab. I have yet to see my dr. for the one week follow-up to ask about the pain but since I woke up pain free this morning, I assume it was gas related.

Hi everyone. I was banded on 4/30 and everything went very well. Had to spend the night in the heart monitored unit in a semiprivate room so that was not a restful night....but thankfully went home the next day. Haven't really needed pain meds since the first day home and I think I am blessed because I haven't experienced the gas pains everyone talks about. Now on the Protein smoothie stage for 9 more days. Not sure how to deal with that, I'm not much of a milk person, but as they say--1 day at a time... Hang in there everyone!

I was banded april 27 and everything went well. I didn't have much gas pain until yesterday, my first day back at work. the pain in my left shoulder, collar bone and neck was almost unbearable. I work about an hour away from home so I had to drive like that. When I got home and took the pain meds, percocet, I was fine but it also knocks me right out. My doctors office said it can't be gas from the surgery because the surgery was a week ago. Did anyone else have gas this late after surgery. I am 7 days post op.

Last night the pain in my left shoulder got to be so bad I was in tears. So I went to the Post-Op section to see if anyone else had these issues and there is an entire section on Left Shoulder Pain. As it would apper this is a major side affect that we were not told about. Something about a nerve being aggrivated and for a lot of people it never ends. Not even with pain meds.

I got up this morning and called my doctors office at 8 am because I have a hard time sleeping with this pain. I had to leave a message and they have yet to call me back.

I researched the lapband for months before I got it and at no time did anyone tell me of the possibility of such a pain. It is unreal. I am very upset with my doctor for not mentioning it also. I can't wait to hear the explaination they have.

I can't hardly stand milk either,and I am also in the liquid phase of the post op diet. I have been using Lite Soy Milk instead. I told my doctor and he had no problems with soy. I hope that this helps.

Hi Everyone! I was banded on April 28th. I had NO gas pains! The only thing that bothered me was the feeling of tightness under my breasts which has now subsided. Tomorrow I will have my staples removed.

Between the pre-op fast and the banding I have lost 40 pounds. I am grateful.

Hello all you April Bandsters

Well it has been 8 days since I got banded. And I still have gas pains in my shoulders. Plus for the last two days I want to eat. I don't get my first fill until the end of the month. Can anyone tell me what you did from the time you had your surgery until your first fill. I don't want to put weight back on.

Hi April bansters,

I was banded on April 27, 09. I am still sore and swollen. It has been about 10 days...

How long does the swollen stomach last? And I feel my port move when I bend over. It is located upper left beneath my left breast... How about everyone else?

I have like 5 little scars and one that is about 2 1/2 inches long that I am assuming is the port scar...

Let me know please...

Thanks to all..

Barb:)

yes, I still have gas pains in my left shoulder and and left side of chest, it is gas from eating or drinking, but it subsides... Everyday is different....I was banded on April27, 2009 too.

I eat scrambled eggs now, or poached. I eat a little mozzeralla chz... a little saltine crackers, tuna, any Soups, ww tst chicken and even salads, but I eat very slow and chew...chew...chew... Haven't had any problems at all. Just eat healthy... I noticed my restriction isn't that much, I can't wait until my first fill, then It will be even more restricted and I will have to be more careful on portion size.