Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, tomorrow is the big day! My surgery is scheduled for 10:30. Feeling nervous but determined to make this work. You guys on this forum have helped keep me strong and I am so glad to have you guys to go through this journey with! Go Bunny Bandsters!

I was banded on Monday...today is the most painful by far. I think it might be because I kept rolling onto my stomach while sleeping. Not hungry at all which I am relieved about since I was constantly hungry during the 2-week pre-op phase...just trying my best to stay hydrated. I'm not walking as much as I should be...gas pain hasn't been too bad.

I honestly can't believe that this goal I've been trying to acheive for 5 years has finally been reached. Now looking forward to getting through liquid and mushy phases and starting to lose weight in earnest!

Speaking of weight...I haven't eaten a single thing in 4 days and my caloric intake has easily been less than 400 cals a day and yet scale shows I've gained weight. What gives?

I was banded on Monday...today is the most painful by far. I think it might be because I kept rolling onto my stomach while sleeping. Not hungry at all which I am relieved about since I was constantly hungry during the 2-week pre-op phase...just trying my best to stay hydrated. I'm not walking as much as I should be...gas pain hasn't been too bad.

I honestly can't believe that this goal I've been trying to acheive for 5 years has finally been reached. Now looking forward to getting through liquid and mushy phases and starting to lose weight in earnest!

Speaking of weight...I haven't eaten a single thing in 4 days and my caloric intake has easily been less than 400 cals a day and yet scale shows I've gained weight. What gives?

I'm glad to hear things are going well so far. I was also banded Monday. I'm doing pretty good but I'm rpetty sore around my port which gave me trouble tring to sleep last night. There is some gas pain but it's minimal. I am also not interested in food at all. The nurse told me I could start full liquids the first day I woke up in my own bed which was today, but the dietician who spoke to me before discharge yesterday said 24-48 hours on Clear Liquids, which means today or tomorrow. I'm not quite feeling up to full liquids yet. I had to force myself to eat my Italian ice this morning. Hopefully tomorrow I'll feel more up to putting stuff in my stomach.

As for not losing any weight the last couple of days, how long were you in the hospital for? I was over night and got at least a few liters of fluids during that time which could add some weight. I also noticed some differences between different scales I was on. The scale at the hospital was more than 5 pounds less than my scale at home.

I wouldn't worry about it took much. The weight will come back off in no time.

I was banded Monday the 27th, since then i have had half a Protein Shake, broth and 2 puddings. The scale shows I have gained 6 pounds!! what the heck!!!!! I am still pretty sore but moving around ok. I am loving the gasx strips. This is definately the most painful day so far. I am focusing on keeping hydrated. Did anyone else put on weight right after surgery? I probably haven't had more than 400 cals a day.

The body keeps Fluid to protect areas that have been damaged...its just inflammation, not fat and when you have healed it will go away just like that! Luck to all!!! Cali

As for not losing any weight the last couple of days, how long were you in the hospital for? I was over night and got at least a few liters of fluids during that time which could add some weight. I also noticed some differences between different scales I was on. The scale at the hospital was more than 5 pounds less than my scale at home.

I wouldn't worry about it took much. The weight will come back off in no time.

Hi ALuv82, nice to meet someone who was banded the same day as me and also lives in New York. I'm also glad to hear that you are doing well so far. I was only in the hospital overnight...came home on Tuesday morning. I don't think the weight on the scale is Water weight since I haven't had that much water in the last few days. I find it very difficult to get down the 6-8 cups of water that is recommended daily. I'm working on it though. Logically, I know I haven't gained 4 pounds since I was weighed at the hospital (I was 281 on surgery day) but its still frustrating to see it on my home scale.

Today I am really feeling the "port pain" that everyone mentions. I wasn't really sure where the port was after surgery but I know now.

I'm not too worried about not being that interested in food just yet...I wish I could stay this way!

Hi ALuv82, nice to meet someone who was banded the same day as me and also lives in New York. I'm also glad to hear that you are doing well so far. I was only in the hospital overnight...came home on Tuesday morning. I don't think the weight on the scale is Water weight since I haven't had that much water in the last few days. I find it very difficult to get down the 6-8 cups of water that is recommended daily. I'm working on it though. Logically, I know I haven't gained 4 pounds since I was weighed at the hospital (I was 281 on surgery day) but its still frustrating to see it on my home scale.

Today I am really feeling the "port pain" that everyone mentions. I wasn't really sure where the port was after surgery but I know now.

I'm not too worried about not being that interested in food just yet...I wish I could stay this way!

The water weight isn't from drinking water, it's from IV fluids in the hospital. I understand your frustration though.

Where did you get banded? I was banded by Dr. Geiss in Syosset.

Ah, the IV fluids...yeah, I went through a couple of bags of those. Plus as xavier mentioned, my body may be holding on to Fluid as part of the healing process.

I was banded by Dr. Ren at NYU Hospital.

I came home 10.5 pounds heavier than the pre-op weight...one week out today and I've lost 15.5 (so the 10.5 + some)...also averaging about 400-500 cals/day post op. So don't worry...weight will go as the swelling goes down.

Edited by Band_Groupie

OK guys I need a slap on the hand. I was banded on the 14th of April and haven't posted post-op yet. So here I am. Everything went super. I was required to stay overnight and let me tell you I got NO sleep in the hospital. If they had left me alone I would have been fine. I felt so good after surgery I had to look down my gown to make sure he had cut me. No pain at all.

After getting home the next day I had a scare in that I tried to take a pain pill curshed up in Water and it felt like I had swallowed a golf ball. It stopped just below my breastbone and for 1 hour I spit foam and nasty tasting medicine. From Wednesday until Friday I couldn't even sip Water. I knew I had to drink so I called the Dr and they told me to get in the office ASAP.

Dr said he puts a small amount of fill in at the surgery and with my swelling it must have made it too much. He took a needle and withdrew 2CC's and immediately I felt better and could drink. From that point on I have felt great. I am still on liquids and am really ready for mushies next week. I know I can make it because it in only a few days more. Still not really hungry so Soup it will be....

Ready for the lbs to start dropping. Can't really start any excerise program yet but go back for a refill on the 14th of May. Guess I'll start then. Have been walking a bit every day after work.....

Ah, the IV fluids...yeah, I went through a couple of bags of those. Plus as xavier mentioned, my body may be holding on to Fluid as part of the healing process.

I was banded by Dr. Ren at NYU Hospital.

I was banded this morning at north shore hospital on long island. Immediately after surgery I was in so much pain. That was 9:30 am. I now feel pretty good. I'm sore but not in that much pain. I just urinates and walked around. I just keep reminding myself this is my best chance to lose weight for myself and my family. whether or not you get the surgery if you ate 100 lbs overweight you cannot be that healthy. Good luck to all of my fellow lapbanders!

I was banded yesterday, 4/28, and the pain I was in was horrendous. My shoulder hurt from the gas and I would have flares of pain in my stomach area as well. According to the nurses that's not where my port is so it was probably gas pain. I had morphine and phentenol to help, but they didn't do anything. The pain isn't as bad today, but it's still there.

Unfortunately I have to go back to work tomorrow, but as a teacher I can take it real easy. I haven't eaten much, but did have my first bowl of chicken broth. I don't think I've tasted anything better before in my life! I'll have some more for dinner. Saturday is when I can start the mushy food phase. Mashed potatoes....mmmmm.

Thanks for all the advice, help, and encouragement. I can't wait to start losing weight.

Hi everyone -

I had my surgery yesterday April 28 at 8am!

I stayed overnight - which was a good thing -

About noon yesterday I had the dry heaves, NOT PLEASANT at all!! And then I vomited in the evening after downing the liquid pain killer.

The IV pain medication has been working for the most part. No real gas pains yet, but lots of burping. I am VERY hungry, which seems different than most of you. The Protein powder in the hospital is the worst Protein I have ever tasted. Couldn't wait to get home and have some good tasting protein shake!

I feel some slight pain at the port site and the site where they lifted the liver. But it is tolerable.

I have the rest of the week off of work - so those days will be good for my recovery. I do NOT have a scale at home so I don't know whether I have lost or gained - which is good, I don't want to worry over that. The weight will come off as long as I stick to the food plan.

Can't wait to get to Onederland!!

The July 4th challenge for the bunny bandsters starts tomorrow!! Don't forget to weigh yourself tomorrow so you have a starting weight and a target weight. If you haven't yet signed up but would like to participate, please go HERE.