Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No fill needed

Went in for another check up and to set up a fill. I have lost

14Lbs since my last check up on Feb 5. I was thankful that the doctor decided to hold off on a fill. I go in for another check up in two weeks. I am pleasantly surprised about not needing a fill, but still losing wait. I am down 42Lbs since starting the pre opt diet. Only 17Lbs away from the 300Lbs mark which is my first goal. Has any other Jan bandster gone in and not needed a fill yet? Good luck to all.

I am so happy for you with your 42 lbs losted. As long as you are still dropping the weight the doctors won't give you a fill. That is a good thing. You have great rescreation (sp?) and I am doing the happy dance for you.

Good for U!

Nothing like seeing that scale go down, down, down to lift your spirits. Keep us posted on your progress.

I went in on the 12th and was told that I did not need a fill. I go in again on the 26th so we will see. Nothing has changed so maybe I will not be filled on the 26th either. I lost another two pounds since my visit on the 12th.

Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone. I really appreciate it. Today was my scale day and I was down about two pounds. Its probably because of the different scales and not being in my birthday suit at the doctors, but it still brightens my day.

Went in for another check up and to set up a fill. I have lost

14Lbs since my last check up on Feb 5. I was thankful that the doctor decided to hold off on a fill. I go in for another check up in two weeks. I am pleasantly surprised about not needing a fill, but still losing wait. I am down 42Lbs since starting the pre opt diet. Only 17Lbs away from the 300Lbs mark which is my first goal. Has any other Jan bandster gone in and not needed a fill yet? Good luck to all.

I didn't need a fill when I went in, and I'm fairly sure I still don't need one when I see the doc on the 9th. I still have a restriction, and I'm still losing weight at about 1-3 pounds a week. Doc said some folks never need a fill. He's content as long as I lose somewhere between 4-9 pounds a month. I can live with that as a goal. (grin)

I didn't need a fill when I went in, and I'm fairly sure I still don't need one when I see the doc on the 9th. I still have a restriction, and I'm still losing weight at about 1-3 pounds a week. Doc said some folks never need a fill. He's content as long as I lose somewhere between 4-9 pounds a month. I can live with that as a goal. (grin)

I agree. I seem to still be losing, so I am happy.

I wish I was still losing. I am stuck around the 226 mark. I can't break the 225 mark at all. I know I need a fill again. I won't be getting the fill until March 17th for my second fill.

Hi Lena,

Glad to see you are doing so well:thumbup::thumbup:

Hi Lena,

Glad to see you are doing so well:thumbup::thumbup:

Hey, Max!

I'm about to drown in my work, but physically doing well. LOL!

What I wouldn't do for a quiet bungalow on some South Sea Isle, with no phones and no one beating on my door.

Lena

I had this exact thing happen today. I went in for a fill and then we decided I didn't need one after all. I've lost 24 pounds since surgery and have lost 7 in the last three weeks so the doctor thinks I'm doing ok with the restriction I have in the band just like it is.

I like it because I get full and don't get hungry between meals (except in the afternoon when I have a high Protein snack) but also don't have any PBing or slimming. So far I can eat anything I have tried. I have to be careful of dry meat, however, and can tell when I'm chewing that it's not going to do well, so I spit it out, luckily I have had paper napkins handy when this has been needed.

Good luck and keep up the good work. I figure eventually the fat around my stomach will decrease and I will need a fill but I can wait for now.

Hugs

Christy

I'm still losing weight too and am scheduled for a fill on 3-11. I want a fill because I'm hungry -- I feel no restriction at all -- I'm doing all the work, not the band. Does anyone know if they will do a fill under these circumstances? I want the fill because I'm tired of dealing with never feeling full anymore. I will beg the doctor for a small fill if necessary. Linda

When I go for my next appointment on Monday March 9, I'm going to ask for a small fill --just a couple of cc's. I really don't feel like I need much, but I've noted a small calorie gain overall on my food log at fitday.com. It's very gradual, but it's there nonetheless.

IMHO, it's better to have a small fill and stave off any possible problems now than have another serious plateau or worse, gain weight. I've not had much weight loss this month, so perhaps it's time for me to be more stern with my body. A few days of liquids and mushies won't kill anything.

Hi Gang:

I just got back from my 1st Fill. It didn't hurt at all!!! Was so pleased. I have heard it hurts some people. They did give me a numbing shot first. Hopeful it will help get the scales moving again.

Best of wishes to all. Holly

Banded 1/29/09

weight.png[/img]

Went to the Doc Last Friday and was still losing, but they recommended I get a fill anyway. I have noticed that I can eat more than 4oz at a time. My first fill will be tomorrow.

They are doing it under xray with the barium(sp?). I am alittle worried that I will get too much of a fill and that will wreck my momentum of losing weight. I am about 5Lbs away from my 1st goal of breaking the 300 Lbs mark. I really want to get to that goal. I'm nervous that I will start to PB and slime( something that I have not even come close to doing).

I guess we will see. I did have to go to Wal Mart and buy new pants. The old ones wouldn't even come close to fitting anymore. That brightened my day!:confused::w00t: