Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One week out of Tummy Tuck...Please help if you ave had one!!!!

Ok... so I just left my docs office from my one week post op visit. I am devistated to say the least.

I realize that I am majorly swollen and my doc reminded me of that several hundred times.

When they placed me in the mirror, my new belly button was WAY offcentered to the right side. By an inch or two I'd say of where a belly button would normally be. It's clearly not in the correct spot and its easy to tell that this is where it will be healing.

I can't stop crying!!!:thumbup:

Anyone else have this happen???? I can't even bare the thought of having to go through another surgery to have this corrected. My doc acted as if it was no big deal but I know he sees that he's screwed this up.

What do I or can I do about this????

I just had this vision that when I saw myself today... that I would see through the swelling to what my belly will someday look like. Now all I want to do is cry!!!!!!!! It looks ridiculous seeing an offcentered belly button... seriously.

Oh, how heartbreaking for you. Look, you are just going to have to come to terms with the fact that you will have to have it fixed at some point in time and that you need to approach this guy about fixing it at his cost. I dont know how your whole system works, but sloppy workmanship is sloppy workmanship in any country right?

You WILL heal, you WILL feel better and you will be able to face what will not be huge major surgery to fix this.

However - is it possible you're more swollen on one side, throwing it off a bit, making it worse than it is?

I know I've just stated this completely practically and not acknowledged the emotion involved, you must be really mad and really upset, I know. But it still comes down to you have to fix it and I think you need to let yourself calm down, get better and then go at it systematically.

Good luck. Hopefully Dr. Schulman will see this, he's always got something positive and encouraging to say - why not start a thread addressed to him?

Oh i feel sorry for your dissapointment, but seriously it is a very minor thing to have repaired, do you remember the wife, out of every body loves raymond, i remeber seeing pics of her at the beach after her Tummy Tuck, and she didint even have a belly button. nothing, but now it is fixed, im sure once all the swelling goes down, and you see your flat stomach you will feel a little better. good luck

Hi You ought to beable to get it fixed laproscopically. If in fact you need to.Tummy tuck are big surgeries but , just adjusting your belly button shouldnt be

thanks to all of you for your kind words and support!!!

My husband, of course, thinks I am way over reacting!!! He does agree that it is not centered... but doesn't think it is bad enough to have it corrected.

I am sorry I am not brave enough to post pictures of this yet. I am going to try to calm down and wait out the recovery period and all the swelling. I realize that I am still full of pain and DRAMA right now!!!!!

IF I am still feeling this bad about it when it is all said and done.... then I will be after my doc to do something about it.

I'm so sorry this happened. Hang in there. Don't worry about pics. Hope the pain starts to go down soon. Hang in there.

Sam

Actually, most people are not symmetrical anyway. Ears, eye height, breast size, etc. So, it may be that you are simply highly focused on that area now. Do you have pre-op pics to compare against?

I also second the swelling comment. You will not shrink the same on each side. Some areas will retain more liquid for a while. Give it a bit.

I would start talking to the doc now about touch up, shouldn't be a huge process.

(I actually wanted mine completely removed, but the doc didn't want to do that. Something about infection vectors. A shame -- I wanted to start a new religion :blushing:)

Hang in there!

Hehehe, having no belly button would probably be one of those things where people look at you and cant figure out what's not quite right - like when a man shaves of a beard or moustache.

I have no belly button!!!!! In 2004 after a major weight loss, I had to have a panniculectomy to remove a very large roll of fat that hung down from my stomach. It was really causing serious back problems for me... It was wonderful to have that horrible thing removed.... I gained some weight back after that and where I am now, but not having that roll was so wonderful that I never even missed the naval.... At 56 years old, I never plan to wear a 2 piece swimsuit anyway. The only person who is confused is my little granndaughter, who keeps looking for Gramma's button!!!!! Cheer up, dear, I think this will all work out for you.. It is very unfortunate, and I really understand why you are crying, but try to remember all the good stuff.... Look what you went through to get to this point.... A little old belly button can't stop you now!!!!! Best wishes for a speedy recovery........ Julie