Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I wanna flat tummy

Had another good night. Feel very rested. Some friends came over lastnight and visited, they were amazed on how well I am doing. I just sat in the recliner. Some of my girlfriends are brining food today for my DH and they are going to stay to watch chick flicks. Drains are still producing around 50 cc or ml (I cant remember which one) each time. Emptyed them about 2 times yesterday. Still taking pain meds, I believe it is smart to stay on ahead of the pain for the first few days. I don't know how others feel about that. When I had my 2 c-sec and hist, I did that also, and I had a very good recovery. PS told me that you do not heal as well when you are in pain, because your body is busy fighting the pain and not busy healing.

Take care all,

Later

Laura

OH, and I was also down 2 more lbs this morning. So I am back where I was pre-surgery. I can't wait till all of swelling is gone and I can see the 5lbs of skin/flab he cut off show up on the scales. Funny, so much of having a TT is a waiting game - wait for the surgery, wait for the drains to come out, binder to come off, to shower, to poo (lol), to walk standing up, etc.

Laura:

I checked your pictures and you look great! Sounds like you are doing all the right things to have the best results. Keep it up, and you'll see that beautiful flat tummy before long. The drains are a p.i.a., but they're helping to get rid of all of the Fluid. I loved my pain pump too. Mine only lasted until day 3, but the pain wasn't bad at that point.

I love my band and my new flat tummy!

Keep us posted and take care.

Sue

hi laura,

i think you are absolutely right about staying ahead of the pain. my sister in law kept me steady on the meds because she didnt want to have to catch up if the pain started. especially the first few days....

glad you are doing well...

and yes dont take the binder off till you go to the doctor. you also dont want to mess up the drains. from what i've read here...it gets pretty nasty if they fall out.

i had the same amount of skin removed. he then took out 4 lbs with Lipo. but that didnt translate into equal weight loss. to be honest...the sculpting the surgery did was the real prize. i was worried about how much he took off but it really didnt matter.

i had a foley which they took out 2 days after surgery. i was glad to have that too. i think because of the breast lift/tt combo....i couldnt really lift out of the chair very well the first 2 days.

anyway....keep on keepin' on girl!

Okay, could not stand it any more. Had to look. I posted 2 more pictures on makemeheal if you wanna see. I can tell a big diffrence from the side. Now I just want to get the bandages off, can't wait till Monday, but I will be a good girl and not bother them.

http://www.makemeheal.com/pictures/viewAlbum.php?albumid=9792.

password - OMGnoflab

Edited by LauraP

Hi Laura:

You look great! I'm surprised that your pain pump is so low. The leads on my pain pump were put in near the top of my stomach and it sprayed the numbing medicine down most of the length of my abdominal stitches that were tying my muscles back together. It felt so good to have immediate relief (especially after a laugh or a sneeze). Did your surgeon tighten your abdominal muscles up toward your rib cage?

Now, be a good girl and don't remove anymore of the bandages.:smile:

Sue

Sue, Thanks for the nice comment. I know that he did not go as high as he wanted to with the muscle tightening. His concern was putting a kink in my band tubing. I am about the 4th lapband patient he has worked on. He was telling me a new technique that he came up with, so not to cause problems with the band tubing and still gettin a nice flat tummy. I was out of it when he told me what he did, but I will find out more Monday.

I will be a good girl....no more peeking. You should see me at christmas time, LOL

Laura

i checked out your pics and wow you can really see a difference already! I have a question, where I am getting my tt and breast reduction you don't stay over, there is the possibility of paying for private duty nurses at 950 a day. If i don't go with the nurse then I won't have a catheter or an iv. I will go home 2 hours away with pain pills. Is this a good idea? or should I rent a hotel room for how many days and how many days of nursing do i need? I appreciate your input!

Allie - I had my surgery at a surgery center, they also do not have over night stay. But it is just 15 min from my house. I also had my DH to stay with me, and a few friends as backup. I did better being in my own bed. BUT, like I said, I was only 15 min from my PS. With yours being 2 hours away, I would consider staying in a hotel room. Do you not have any family member who will be coming with you? Will they be sending you home with a pain pump? That thing was a life saver for me. I am sure that is why I am doing so good. I didnt have a catheter or an iv when I went home. Because of that I got up every hour and went to the potty. Kept my blood moving, no clots.

What I would do, and this is just me.... I would have someone with me, family. Second I would make sure I am going to have a pain pump and other good pain meds. I would get a hotel room and stock it with lots of Water, Protein drinks and low salt Snacks. I would stay at least until the first followup with the PS. I don't think I needed professional nursing, but I did have my DH to help me. All I did was....take pain meds along with lots of Water, nap and pee. You need to do what you feel comfortable with.

Good luck, and take care

Laura

Another good nigth.....it was a great night. I took my last pain meds at Midnight and did not wake up until 8 am. So feel very rested this morning. But not good enought to make it to church. I know God understands. I think my pain pump is finished or real close to it. I am feeling some twinges in my muscle area that I had not felt before today. Almost like I have done to may situps or someone punched me real hard in the tummy. I took some lortab and it has helped with the discomfort. I will see how it goes the rest of the day when it comes to pain meds. Thinking I will wait until after my followup with the PS tomorrow before coming off the pain meds. I just can't wait to see what I look like without the bandages. PS did not give me permission to remove them, so I am not.

Later,

Laura

OH, Thanks you Skinnyjeans for the sweet comment.

And, I am down another pound this AM. So I am back where I was on the day of surgery. I know I am still swolen some, because he took of around 5lbs of skin, and that has not been reflected in the scales yet. But I am not worried about my weight, just about healing. It is just habit to weight myself each morning, LOL, some habit never die.

Laura

Edited by LauraP

Laura:

Wow, eight hours of continuous sleep! That's amazing under the circumstances and I'm sure it will help with your healing.

I'm so glad you're feeling so well. Strange, we don't know each other, but I am happy for you.

I love my band and my new flat tummy!

Sue

Sue, I know what you mean about the people on this site. My DH thinks it is funny how I want to keep up with everyone here and know how they are doing. You can talk to your DH, you can talk to a friend and family. But they cannot understand all that you are going through. Then you can come here and express your concerns, share your fears and victories with someone who is going throught the exact things you are. I think of this place as a blessing.

Take care all,

Laura

Well today is my post-op appointment with the PS. Will finally get to see what is under these bandages. I do not think I will be getting any drains out today, draining too much. Pluse, I am in no big hurry, I know it helps with the swelling. (I say that now, ask me in a few more day, LOL) Itching is starting to get a little annoying. I would love to take a shower, was able to wash my hair last night with the wonderful assistande of my DH. That did help how I was feeling alot. DH is back to work today so I am on my own, he will taking me to the PS for my appointment later today.

Sorry rambling, just very bored.....

Laura