Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I wanna flat tummy

I am thinking about having this surgery so this thread has helped me immensely with the thoughts I've been having... I was banded 9/6/07 and started out at 260 my highest weight and now I'm 202 or so; it fluctuates... and I see where one of you has lost 130# and was banded around that time. I haven't lost as much as I could have. I've been really trying these last 2 weeks since I was helping a friend who had gastric bypass at the end of May. Being with her got me back on track and I didn't even realize I was off track. Now I am thinking about getting the tt more seriously than ever. Thanks for this thread.

Loser, you and I have very similar stats. I was also banded in 9/07. Surgery weight was 269. I'm about 199-202 range (it fluctuates). I'm having a TT and breast reduction on Tues. Hopefully removing the excess fat and skin will help me reach my goal.

I am looking at my calander, at what seems to be FOREVER, it is 36 days or 5 weeks or 864 hours till I have my Tummy Tuck. Do I sound excited?.. I can't wait. I am trying to focus on the things I need to get done, things I will not be able to do after surgery. I have a big garden this year. Am a little concerned about all of the work it will need while I am recovering, but my sister (who is coming to stay with me) will take care of, she also loves that kind of thing like I do. Someone is coming to clean my house the day of my surgery. I found a nice gown that buttons up the front. Have a wedge pillow. Need to get a toliet seat thingie, and a chair for the bath. Thinking and making a list groceries. My sister will be here the day before, we are going to go rent a bunch of chick flicks, plus have on demand, and have DVRed alot of thinks I think I will enjoy -(HGTV, Discovery, History and Friends). Oh thinking about picking up some of those blue pads, you know the kind they have on the bed at hospitals, and you can use to potty train your dog. Just in case I have leakage problems. So, all of you who have gone before, what am I missing?

Laura

Hi Laura:

You have a pretty good plan there. There are a few things that I would add to it:

Get some Vitamin c tablets. My doctor said extra 1000 milligrams per day to help with the healing. I'm healing great, so it must be working.

Get a few pairs of panties that are two to three sizes too big. That way you have somewhere to put the bulbs that come on the drains.

You might also want a few pairs of sweatpants or pajama bottoms that are very loose. I didn't want anything that was the least bit tight for the first two weeks. My favorite thing to wear with the binder was men's cotton pajama bottoms with a sleeveless tank top. The binder can get kind of warm. My doctor said today that I still have to wear it every day. I'm glad that I bought an extra so that I can wash one and wear the other while that one is drying.

Good idea on those blue things for your bed. The drains can leak and make a mess.

Slip on shoes or flip flops are good too. You don't want to bend to tie shoes.

I'm 5'7" and I didn't need one of those toilet seat risers.

Best wishes to you. You'll love your flat new tummy.

I love my band and my new flat tummy (and much smaller, inny belly button):ihih:.

Sue

Thanks Sue,

I did not know about the Vit C. Thanks for the info.

Buy BIG panties.....Can I buy some little panties also, I want little panties. Good point... Granny Panties here we come.

I think I have plenty BIG pajama bottoms that I have not thrown out yet and warm ups also.

I need some new slippers and flip flops, good reason to buy them.

I am only 5'2", so I think I better have it handy just in case. Dont want to dread going to the potty. But heck if I dont use it I can always take it back, right.

Thanks for all of your help.

Laura

One good thing about the 5 week wait is it has made me very focused on my diet and exercise. I want to be as healthy as possible. I hope to be at my goal weight by surgery time. I have already lost 4lbs. I have 8 to go. I should be able to do that in 5 weeks, ya think? Thinking the skin removal was add up close to 5 lbs, so that will just be a bonus...YEEE HAAA

Sue,

Do I start taking the vit. C now?

I started taking it the week before surgery because that was when the doctor mentioned it. Probably wouldn't hurt, but I'm not an expert!

Of course you can get little panties too :rolleyes: That's one of the best things since losing all the weight.

Take care.

Sue

hey laura

one of the most important things i used i forgot on my original list....a shower chair. i needed that for awhile since i would get dizzy in the shower.

the good thing about this item i am using it now to wash my dogs etc so it has an "after life" ha!

re: toilet seat....i'm 5'8" and the toilet seat made it easier for me to get up/down. i'm glad i got it

altho' the wedge and toilet seat....dont really have an afterlife for me.

i love my TT and breast lift... and of course my band

josie

A bump in the road, maybe or maybe not. My dad is very sick. He is in ICU and does not look good. SOOOO, we shall see if this thing happens on July 16. (I hope I dont sound selfish or uncareing) It may just have to be put off for a while. I have had to come to Texas, and not sure how long I will be here. Time off work is the real issue. I have already gotten the time off for surgery approved, but concerned that if Dad makes it through this time, and I have the surgery, and then he takes a turn for the worse and I am unable to travel here (I live in Tennessee). SOOOOO in limbo at this time.

It appears that Dad will be okay for now. WHEW . So surgery is on.

Four weeks, seems like FOURever. Very excited. Sitting at my desk and thinking how nice it will be to not have to suffer with this nagging itch that I have due to the skin fold. powders help some, but dont last long. Sometime I am sitting in church and have to get up and leave, itiching so bad that I feel like I will loose my mind. Will not miss that at all. Going shopping this weekend for some cute panty and bra sets. Have any of you ever had friends try to talk you out of it? saying "You dont look THAT bad" "Do you realize how bad you will be hurting?". I have told them that they dont see me without my clothes, only after I have put on this Iron clad girdle, and covered up. But lately I just say nothing, I have quit talking about it. Kinda sucks because part of me wants to scream "free at last, thank God I will be free at last". I didnt tell anyone about my band becasue I did not feel I needed to explain it. OH WELL, thank God for this place and you guys. What would we do without being able to vent, share and ask questions here? Thanks everyone!!!

Laura

Glad to hear your Dad is doing better and that your surgery is back on.

I can totally relate to the itching. Mine was because of the fold and also because of having alot of stretch marks on that part of my abdomen. So glad it's gone!

Best wishes to you for your flat tummy. I love mine!

Sue

hi laura

great news about your dad....

re: people saying you dont need it. that happened to me as well. my fiance' also said i didnt need it. i appreciated their comments. however what's most important is how you feel.

in the end i am very glad i did it and it was all worth it. everyday the results get better. when people were negative to me about the operation...i focused on the people on this site that had their surgeries and were tickled pink about it.

so you are all set and ready to go. just try to keep busy till the date....you will be happy on the other side....

keep us posted

josie

Thanks Sue and Josie!!

It has been a stressful week. And my desk is plied high. So I have lots of work to keep me busy. But, it is real hard to stay focused. Sometime all I can think about is the TT. I was the same way when I had the band. Would that make me ADHD?

Happy 4th to eveyone.

It has been a very busy few weeks for me. I had to go back to Texas with my Dad. He passed away on June 25th. It has been a ruff time but working through it.

Have wavered on my surgery, have it, don't have it.... had to be off work over a week with my Dad, have the leave already approved for the surgery. Just feeling bad now about taking the time off. And my sister that was going to come be with me during the recovery time is now unable to come due to issues. My DH says not to worry about work, and he will take care of me. He knows how bad I want this surgery and how long I have looked forward to it. I am so lucky to have his support. I have my pre-op appointment on Tuesday (7th) and then the surgery is planned for the next Thursday (16th). I am so ready to shead this skin. Part of me is looking forward to having three weeks off work to just relax and recoop.

So here I am 12 days and counting.

Laura