Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I wanna flat tummy

LauraP- I will definitely be posting my experience on here. I plan to post some before pictures when I get a chance. I too am trying to lost another 10 pounds before my surgery date. I am exercising like crazy.

nip50- My cost for the surgery is $10,500. That includes the 360 decree cut, the fleur-de-lis, and Lipo, with muscle repair. That also includes anesthesia, hospital, and pain pump. It doesn't include pain meds or compression garment. The hernia repair and port revision will be covered by my insurance company.

Hope that helps.

nip50 - the price that Dr. Medling quoted me was without insurance: Surgeon's Fee $3,500 - Anesthesiology $1,250 - OR Fee $1,425 - TOTAL $6,175 - this is for abdominoplosty only

Hope this helps.

The other PS that I went to would not give me a quoute until he found out what insurance would cover.

Dr. Medling told me that he would just deduct off what insurances pays. I like that approach, seem more honest. (I think I am going with him - 90% sure)

Well, was supposed to start the "Biggest Loser" thing at the gym today, but have to go out of town on business. I call the guy, I can start it on Thursday. I am gald for that. I am so hoping that this helps me kick of these last few pounds.

I received the quote from Dr. Fleming and it is a little higher that Dr. Medling. And Dr. Fleming is not in my insurance network, so the pann. would only be covered at 60%. So.... it is looking more and more like it will be Dr. Medling. Pluc, Dr. Medling did the reconstruction on a very good friend of mine who had a double mastectomy. She just loves him and things he is the best. He is very patient and does very good work.

We shall see.

Laura

I am ready to go..... I have my follow-up appointment today at 2:30 with Dr. Medling. We will be scheduling my surgery, I am hoping for eary to mid-July. Busy here at work and have a few things I need to wrap up before taking a few weeks off. I am so excited, nervous and everything all balled up into one. I could not even sleep last night and that was only the day before my appointment. No telling how it will be the day before surgery. Thanks everyone who has posted their journey here, it has helped me so very much. Hope I can help someone as much.

Laura

Good luck with your surgery. You'll do just fine and you will look amazing! Keep us updated.

Just got back from the docs. My surgery is scheduled for July 16th. I am so excited, wish it could be sooner, but heck I will take it. Right now it seems like forever. But when I think about all of the things I need to get done before hand , it seems overwhelming.

Oh, the doc said he did not think I need the fleur-de-lis cut after all. He thinks the last 10 lbs I lost has done the trick. So just one incesion. And I will have a pain pump to go home with.

""""Do the happy dance"""

Laura

Well talked to the boss man at work. Asked for 3 weeks off for surgery. Just told him I had to have surgery, no details. He acted like he was embarrassed, he just assumed it was "female surgery". I didnt tell him any diffrent. Heck I am female and I am having surgery. So that is one more thing taken care of......

Can any of you think of anything that you wish you had taken care of before surgery that you did not?

Any help is appreciated!

Laura

hi laura

i just had a TT and breast lift on may 11th. i know how you feel being 6 weeks out from surgery but i have to tell you it went fast.

comparatively speaking....i have to say my lapband surgery (35min operation) was harder to recover from then my PS (8hrs). i was up and walking 4 days after the PS...1/2 mile. it took weeks for me to feel well with lapband. i think the fact i had an extra 100 lbs on me may have been a big reason for this.

everyone has different experiences as you can read on this forum. but people told me not to worry before the PS....i did worry more then i needed to. i did notice many people went back for 2nd surgeries and were thrilled afterwards. so i focused on that point since they were happy after their surgeries and all said it was well worth it.

the things i couldnt live without were (this is a randomly organized list):

1. wedge for my bed (my dr. required i sleep in a recliner for first 5 days to help blood flow to the area)

2. toilet riser (i'm 5'8" so i needed this)

3. button front clothing for the beginning. this is think was because of my breast lift. i couldnt raise my arms.

4. i am still using knit bottoms. ie. shorts, pants and skirts. havent tried jeans yet

5. saltines, ginger ale, sprite for when i was nauseous

anyway...yesterday someone i never met before commented and told me what a flat stomach i had. so that was my first "AHA" moment. you will definitely be happy afterwards.....

good luck and we will be here to help you through this

josie

Thanks Josie,

1. I have a wedge pillow for my bed and we have a reclyner, so I am good to go there

2. toilet riser, I am only 5"2', but think I will get one just in case (better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it)

3. button front clothing for the beginning. - have some, but will get some more cumfy stuff

4. i am still using knit bottoms. ie. shorts, pants and skirts. - yes more shopping....!!!

5. saltines, ginger ale, sprite for when i was nauseous - have this stuff and my doc is going to send me home with the patch behind my ear.

I bet having someone comment on your flat tummy was wonderful. I cannot wait....

Laura

Laura:

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery.

I had my Tummy Tuck on 5/14/09. The only thing I'd like to add is to be prepared for fatigue. I am alot more exhausted than I thought I would be. I'm healing well, so that takes alot out of a person, but it is so worth it.

Best wishes to you.

I love my band and my new tummy!

Sue

Thanks Sue for the heads up on the fatigue. Doc said I could go back to work 2 - 3 weeks after surgery. I took the 3 week option. My sister is coming to stay with me the first week to help (along with my DH). She said she could stay longer if needed. No kids at home and not even any pets, so not much to take care of but myself.

hi laura

re: help. my 1st 3 days i definitely needed physical care. my sister-in-law is an RN and she stayed with me. the week following my cousin came down and stayed with me. i needed her more emotionally then physically.

but i think everyone has different experiences so i think it is smart you are planning for more...just in case. if nothing else you will have company.

i planned to be invalid 6-8 weeks ha!!!!! way overboard!!! ha!

take care

josie

Question.....I did not think to as my Doc this, but will at next visit, but was thinking maybe one of you could answer it for me...

My Doc said that I would only have internal stitches. So what will be on the out side? I have heard of them using something like superglue. Anyone know?

Thanks

Laura

Laura:

I had almost all internal stitches too. They put a few external stitches in my belly button and where the drains came out. My surgeon did some kind of funky stitches on the big long cut that I couldn't see. There wasn't any glue. I think it's a method of stitching that they do where the do everything from the inside. Hard to explain. Maybe someone else here can explain it better or show a link to where we can see this method of stitching.

Best wishes to you with your plastic surgery.

I love my band and my new tummy!

Sue