Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I wanna flat tummy

I loved your Mom story and it brought a smile to my face. I will get some cute panties ahead of time like you suggested. I have a question.....when they tightened your muscles and pulled down the skin what was the affect on the port and tubing? I am worried about that.

Mimi

Mimi - Like you I was worried about this also. I talked to my PS alot about this. I had heard of a few people who had problmes with their band after having a TT. The tubing had been pulled or kinked during the TT. He had worked on a few other band patients. And actually was very proud of himself, he had developed a way to roll the muscle, working with the tube. I also think it has alot to do with where your port is located. Mine is very high, kinda in the middle of my rib cage to one side. So it only affected the upper muscel tightening. He was very careful about the port when dealing with the skin. If I were you, I would just talke to my PS. Ask him if he has worked with other band patients. Stress to him your concerns. My PS also knew my Band Doc. He said if there were any problems he could call him in. That helped me not to worry as much. You have to trust you PS, that is the biggest thing. And talk to him about your fears.

Take care,

Laura

anyone know if bcbs michigan covers tt

I do not know. You would just have to check with them. I just wouldnt call it a TT when I talked to them. All TT are considered cosmetic, and not covered by insurance. I would talk to them about skin removal, Pannicelectomy. That is what I talked to my insurance about. GOOD LUCK

Laura

I got up this morning and went to church. DH was leading the singing so we had to stay for both services. Wanted to be there for him in support. So had to get up at 6 AM. Then we had lunch with some friends after, so it was around 2 PM before me got home. OMG, I was wiped out. I went to bed and took a 3 hour nap. I am so very glad that I decided to take 3 weeks off work instead of 2. I realise after today that my body is still healing and needs its reast. So hear is to looking forward to another week at home, and being very thankful that I have a job where I can take 3 weeks off.

Take care all,

Laura

That is wonderful you can take 3 weeks off. I bet you were wiped out. Did your insurance cover your panni? Mine denied me. My PS was referred by my band dr. so he has experience working on lapband too. That is a big concern for me too, messing with the port or pulling on the tubing. My port is lower left abdomen. I can't wait to buy some sexy underware.

That is wonderful you can take 3 weeks off. I bet you were wiped out. Did your insurance cover your panni? Mine denied me. My PS was referred by my band dr. so he has experience working on lapband too. That is a big concern for me too, messing with the port or pulling on the tubing. My port is lower left abdomen. I can't wait to buy some sexy underware.

Funny thing about insurance. Yes my insurance would have covered the panni removal. But..... My PS performes his work in a surgery center located on the lower floor of the building where his office is located. In order for the insurance to pay for the panni removal I had to have the surgery done in the hospital. My PS would have gone to the hospital to do the surgery if I wanted him to. His office ran the number for doing with insurance/ and doing it without. And, can you believe it, it was cheaper for me to do it without using the insurance. They were only going to pay for a small portion of the surgery. And well, after you add all of the extra expenses of having the surgery at the hospital, well it more then ate up all of the savings I was getting by using the insurance. So, I didnt use the insurance.

Happy sexy panty shopping.....

Take care all,

Laura

Did you get all rested from Sunday? That is funny about your insurance. When are you going to post more pics? I really have enjoyed following your journey. Thank you for your help and advice. I will definitely be using it come Nov. You have a very kind spirit.

Skinny - Yes I am all rested up from Sunday. And I have posted some new pictures taken Monday. (in my new sexy panties, lol ) Thanks about the kind spirit....that was sweet.

Password - OMGnoflab

http://www.makemeheal.com/pictures/viewAlbum.php?albumid=9792.

This week is flying by. I guess because I know it is my last one off from work. I find myself each day trying to "get things done" around the house. I have to remind myself that I am not off for that, I am off to recover. We have decided to put our house on the market, and so there is alot of things that need to done, painting, yard work etc. I am not one to just sit...... so having a hard time this week. I keep reminding myself that next week is going to be crazy, once I go back to work. I will have wished that I had taken this time to rest, and recover. So, I sit, watch movies, nap, take short walks, nap, watch some more TV, nap..... But, I am going to Home Depot today to pick out some paint for the bed room. Go back to the PS tomorrow, 3 week appointment. He still has me wearing this binder all of the time. I have only one, it is starting to get ragged. I did wash it once. I am hopeing he will let me go to the compression garmet, it will be better when I go to work next week. But, he is the boss........ I love my results, so I will do what ever he says, he has been right so far.

Take care all,

Laura

OMG. Laura, you look absolutely fabulous. It was a hoot to have that preop tummy shot suddenly in Queue with the recovery shot. What a great reminder of how far you have come. I hope mine comes out half as good!!!! Not that I have a date yet, still have 10 more pounds to lose.

Mimi

Laura:

Your new pictures are absolutely fabulous! Don't you just love having a cute little belly button again!

Best wishes to you heading back to work next week. Rest up until then.

I love my band and my new flat tummy!

Sue

Laura- You look amazing. I can't believe the transformation. You must be really happy!

I have a question for you. Where is your port located? I had my tt in April and my port was moved next to my bb and it sticks out like a sore thumb. It looks like there is a golf ball under my skin. I am seriously considering a low profile port. I can't even see your port in your pics.

Cathy

Thanks Mimi and Sue. I can't believe it is really me. I am so happy with the results and how I am healing. I do love how my BB turned out. Even my DH says how it really does look natural. It is so nice to have this one, instead of the one I had, troll could have lived in that one. LOL I remember looking at pictures of other people who had already had their TT, and just hoping and dreaming mine would turn out good. I was so glad they had shared their journey and pictures. Now I am glad to be one of them. My PS is an artist, he is so funny, the first appointment with him after the surgery, he took off my bandages and just stood there admiring his work. He is good at what he does.

Cathy - Thank you for your nice comments. My port is up high, below my breats bone, to the right. Hard to describe, but I love where it is, you cannot see it, an it is not even a low profile port.

Take care all,

Laura

LauraP you look AMAZING! My belly looks just like your old belly except more brown! You give me hope that I wont need a circumferential lift!

Question, maybe I missed this but...did your surgeon use stitches or glue? Your incision line is so neat (a huge deal to me) if he/she used stitches they are pretty invisible. Awesome work!

Edited by chocolate_snaps

LauraP you look AMAZING! My belly looks just like your old belly except more brown! You give me hope that I wont need a circumferential lift!

Question, maybe I missed this but...did your surgeon use stitches or glue? Your incision line is so neat (a huge deal to me) if he/she used stitches they are pretty invisible. Awesome work!

chocolate_snaps - Thanks for your sweet comments. You know, when I first went to see the two PS that I did, I was fully prepared for a circumferential lift or at least a fleur-de-lis (anchor cut). The first one wanted to do the fleur-de-lis, because of the amount of skin I had. The PS I used, well, he had that option going in, I was not quite sure what I would wake up with. I was about 90% sure i didnt need one, but he said he wanted that options on the table. I just trusted him. And yes he used stitches, he called them internal stitches, it is like a loop stitch he does where you cannot see them. I had tape on me for a week after surgery. I am VERY, VERY pleased with his work. So if anyone wants to come to TN for their TT, just let me know. I can hook you up with one of the best PS. He is very young and has only been in practice for two years. So not many people know about him. I told him that I was going to be his best advistiser....lol.

Edited by LauraP

Today is my 3 week appointment. I am heading out the door in a few min. I am hoping I will get to stop wearing this binder and go into a compression garment.

Take care all,

Laura