Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I wanna flat tummy

I think the swelling is from over-doing-it. Very busy at work and lots going on at home, so some very long days. I have notice that those are the worst days when it comes to the swelling. The swelling is just in my tummy area, seems to be the worse right around my belly button. At, least that is when it bugs me the most. Oh, I do have a little of the "Ken" look going on also. I am still wearing the compression garment during the day. Will takes some pictures tonight, let you know when I have them up.

Take care all,

Laura

Laura:

That "Ken" reference was so funny. LMAO!

The "Ken" area is where I still have some swelling when I overdo it. I think it's just because of gravity and that is the lowest place in my body that had liposuction when I had the abdominoplasty. The "Ken" area is also where I notice the clothes being looser too. Some of my clothes are a bit hanging in the crotch! I didn't even know that my "Ken" area was fat until after she lipo'd it.

Try to take it a bit easier for the next few weeks. The hot weather doesn't help either. You're still only a couple of months out from surgery.

Take care.

Sue

Well you asked for em.... I guess it could be worse, But I just hate this swelling. Going to try and take it easy the next few day, see if that helps. I was reading to day about how the swelling could last well over the 6 month mark. I sure hope mine does not last that long. I am going for my follow-up with the PS next week, will see what he has to say.

Don't forget the Password - OMGnoflab

http://www.makemeheal.com/pictures/viewAlbum.php?albumid=9792.

Take care all,

Laura

OH, by the way, THANKS for letting me wine. I just hate to be such a baby....

Take care all,

Laura

Hi Laura, THANK YOU for being such a huge inspiration. Thank you for sharing your pictures. You are giving me hope and excitment on what I may look like after November 6, 2009. Did your doctor offer the pain the pump or did you have to ask for one? I am thinking that is something I am going to bring up in my pre-op.

YOU LOOK AMAZING!!! Keep it up. Now the standard question of how do you feel now about your self in regards to how you felt before surgery and lap band?

Katie K.

Hi Laura, THANK YOU for being such a huge inspiration. Thank you for sharing your pictures. You are giving me hope and excitment on what I may look like after November 6, 2009. Did your doctor offer the pain the pump or did you have to ask for one? I am thinking that is something I am going to bring up in my pre-op.

YOU LOOK AMAZING!!! Keep it up. Now the standard question of how do you feel now about your self in regards to how you felt before surgery and lap band?

Katie K.

Katie,

Thanks for your sweet comments. You know, when I was going through my research and info gatering before I had my band and the TT I so counted on other people to tell their stories. I just wanted to do the same. And, well you will need to do it also. So, you are having a TT on Nov 6th? Very exciting!! You have amazing weight loss, congrats.

My PS did offer the pain pump. If your PS has not talked about it, I sure would bring it up. I would make sure it was a done deal. I just know that it helped me so very much the first few days. I have talked to others who did not have one and it was hard for them. I get credit to my pain pump for making this experience no worse than having a c-section. (had 2 of them)

How do I feel?...... FABALOUS!

Before the band, well I felt hopeless, fat, old, ugly, unhealthy, slow, sluggish etc. I could go on and on. Now that I have had the TT... well, I am getting adjusted to being in my own skin. Every day I feel more normal. What is real nice for me is that I have had a job change in a new town. So the people I work with never knew me as FAT Laura. They do not know about the band or the TT. There are not any comments about "Wow, you have lost alot of weight", I like it that way. It is just like I have alway been this way. They just make comments like "You sure eat heathy" "You eat like a bird" "I bet you have to jump around in the shower to get wet" LOL. Funny, but I find myself pretending that I have always been this way. Sounds silly, I know.

Look forward to you sharing your journey.

Take care all,

Laura

Laura, we want to know it all, so whine on!!!! I couldn't see the dog ear you are worried about so I will cross my fingers that it is just the swelling. You look wonderful. Thank you for sharing your journey with us.

Mimi

Hi Everyone - Hi Laura!

Your latest pics are not that bad...yeah, I know, I'm not there, but I think once your body continues the adjustment process, you'll be fine.

Just hang in there - and thanks again for posting your pictures! The surgery site looks like it's healing well, and you look so LITTLE now! Well, compared to me at 5' 11" tall, you are little, but anyway...:blushing:

Isn't it cool to have a group of people who didn't know you when you were heavy give you such nice compliments? I love the "jump around in the shower to get wet" comment LOL

Someday I may get to that point! But as tall as I am, I'm not sure how small I'll want to get. That's a constant thing with me - having never been that small as an adult, I don't know when enough is enough.

Did you have a definate number on the scale in mind, a clothing size, or did you use the height/weight tables to pick your goal? I don't remember if you posted that earlier - forgive me if you've already answered that question.

I've had people tell me I've lost enough already - even though I'm only about halfway to my goal. Several have said they don't want me to get "too skinny" - what exactly constitutes "too skinny"? I think I should be the judge of that! :ohmy:

Anywho - going back to work...keep letting us know what's what, Laura - your words are so valuable to us all! :tt1:

Ebony,

On the subject of GOAL weight....I am funny about it. This is just how I look at, some may not agree with me. I think it is important to set small goals while you on this "weight loss" jounery, it help to keep you motivated. But, to have a ultimate magic number that you have to reach, well, I don't know if that is for me. I am learning to listen to my body, how do I feel, etc. I am only 5'2", very big boned for my height, and if I tried to get to what thoses charts say I am supposed to weight I would have another 35 lbs to loose. My Doc and I bother agree that I do not need to shoot for that weight. My body really likes where it is at now. I can eat normal food and enjoy it and I do not seem to gain. I would like to maybe drop another 10 lbs, and I think that will happen over time. So for the first time in my life, and I do mean the first time, I am happy with my body. So I think that is my new goal. To be happy..... Went to the support meeting last week, and the guest speaker was a psychologist. He was speeking about how this is a life long journey, not just a destination. It made me do alot of thinking about where I am and where I want to be. Does it mean I am going to quit trying to loose weight? NO, but it does mean that it is not going to be my main focus in life anymore. I am going to focus on eating healthy, exercise, living and being happy with my body. It is funny but I finnally can say "I love myself" enough to just take care of myself. It has taken me two surgeries to get here, but I am here. OH, and if you are like me, you have lost the weight before and gotten to GOAL weight to only fight to keep that number and then gain it all back. So I am setting diffrent goals now. If have never been to this place before, where I do not have my weight to worry. So, this is how normal people live? Who Knew..... It is almost funny to think about what am I going to do with my life when loosing weight is no longer my main focus

Did you ever notice that healthy weight people really do not obcess over their goal weight, they just take care of themself.

So to answer your question....

Do I have a definate number on the scale in mind, a clothing size, or did I use the height/weight tables to pick your goal? No

Sorry to rable on,

Take care all,

Laura

Hi Laura, Thank you for you sharing. I was talking with my health coach about the same thing last night. :biggrin: I am trying wrap my own head around the same thing. My doctor says I should be at 130, but I am really shooting for being the healthy range of BMI for the first time in my life. I do not want to be one of those people who just obsess over a number on the scale. I am working on the head game again. You are right this is a life long journey and not a destination.

Katie

Laura you look great!!!

Thanks Shalee... How are you doing Girl. I thank you for sharing your journey. Your were an inspiration for me I want you to know.

OH, swelling is almost non existent today. I tried to stay off my feet after work last night. And, Well I have had this thing about popcorn the past few weeks. Well, I did not eat it for the past two night. So I thing we have the cause. Salt and over doing it. (at least I hope)

Take care all,

Laura

glad swelling going down. I like to eat popcorn too. My son is constantly eating it. went out of town this weekend and family kept saying how skinny I am. I guess all the exercise is paying off. It was nice to hear compliments. My tummy doesn't seem as huge either. Doing lots of crunches. Still have those darn saddle bags though. My sister is only 10 lbs lighter than me so trying really hard to get to her weight.

Have follow-up with PS this afternoon. Will let you know how it goes. Also took some new pictures this AM. Will post them later. I just love how my belly button is looking. And my scar is looking real good also. Iam very thrilled with the results thus far. See what the Doc. has to say today.

Take care all,

Laura