Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone use Dr. Rumbaut in Monterey, Mexico?

Hello There,

Has anyone had any experience with Dr. Rumbout in Monterey, Mexico?

I feel pretty good about my decision to have the surgery on Thrusday, August 11th.

Any input will help.

Buffy --

I didn't have Dr. Rumbaut, but considered him. (I did it here in U.S.) I've heard nothing but great things about him.

Good luck!

Guest Oh Happy Day:-)

Hello :-)

I had surgery with Dr. Rumbaut on July 27th and he and his staff were wonderful. I would highly recommend him. I was also initially afraid of the trip to Monterrey - but the hospital was great - the room was private and was as good as or better than our local hospital (supposedly one of the US best 100 hospitals). The hotel was great - a Hampton Inn - service was good. Right next to an Applebees and a mall that had stores in it like GNC, Officemax, etc.

Dr. Rumbaut took time with me and all of the other patients individually the day before our surgeries to answer our questions very thoroughly. He was very kind.

There were 5 surgeries the day I was there.... I am from Maryland, others were from Texas, Misouri and South Dakota. One of the other patients the day I was there was a Doctor. He had 3 other doctors who work with him that checked on me and the other patients very regularly - even at the hotel.

They were a great team.

I am already down 11 pounds in 1 1/2 weeks :-) I am sure it is mostly Water weight... but I will take what I can get!!

Don't hesitate to e-mail with any other questions - I hope this is helpful.

Amy

I had my surgery with Dr. Rumbaut in July of last year. What I have to say about him basically mirrors what Amy said. He was a great guy, and my surgery went perfectly.

:)

I feel so much more comfortable knowing that there are happy patients out there. I am most concerned about the pain killers! I have Vicodin do you think that I can use that right away?

Guest kat257

I used Dr Jose Rodriguez in acuna mexico $7300 can be paid on pay pal. I'm very happy

aug 1 --I was banded down 9.5lbs

Buffy,

They will give you pain killers for when you are out of the hospital. While you are in the hospital they give you something through your IV. I don't really think you'll need the Vicodin that you have, but you'll need to ask the Doctor if you can take it, as it might conflict with something else he's given you.

I've never met the guy, but I've never seen one negative peep about him here. I've seen tons of threads about him though. He, his staff, and his facility always get top ratings in everything I've ever read.

Dr. Rumbaut was my surgeon on July 12, 2005. I really can't say much of anything that has not already been said. You have made a very good choice.

Sorry I didn't see this thread until now. I'm another happy Rumbaut patient.

So how was your surgery? Please post something on the "introductions" forum -- and welcome to Bandland!

This was one of the best decisions that I have ever made. Rumbaut and his staff are the absolute best!!!!!!!!!

I don't think that I ever once for a moment questioned my decision. Rumbaut is the best.==Hands down.

My mom and I were both banded on August 18th. I cannot say enough positive things about Dr. Rumbaut and his staff. I truly believe he is the best!!! No doubt.