Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Everyone, I was banded 12/29, by Dr. James Viglianco in Buffalo, New York. I started at 238 (12/18) and was 226 for my 1 week follow up. The Dr said this was good, and the real weight loss starts after the first fill. My goal is 160. I can't remember the last time I was 160. I am both nervous and anxious. I am looking forward to learning more about other peoples experiences.

Hey princess I was banded 12/31/2008 by Dr. Collier in Houston. How are you doing? I have only lost 9 lbs. doc says im right on track but everyone else on here seems like they lose so much more. Im not scheduled for my first fill until Feb 24 thats another 4 weeks but he said don't expect anything to dramatic from the first one. So I don't know what to think Im ready to not be hungry cause Im starving. Let me know how your journey is going.

Olene

It sounds like you are both doing great. It seems that most people don't lose much until after they begin getting fills, so you are both ahead of the game. I have lost 67 lbs so far and have rarely felt hungry, so I LOVE my band!

Ollie, in regards to fills, everyone is different. My friend required 4ccs each fill she got, but each of my fills were only 1cc, because my stomach seems to be sensitive to being "messed" with.

The best advise I can give is that once you start getting fills, is to be aware of the amount of restriction you have. DO NOT stay too tight if you think you are overfilled. As far as I know, being too loose won't cause damage to you, but if you are overly tight it can cause problems.

Good Luck!:thumbup:

Well it sounds like you are doing great. Sounds like you have got it all figured out hopefully one day I will be where you are. I know I should be happy with where I am and I know that its a process. I have never been patient when it comes to losing weight and that has got to change. I know that I didn't gain it overnight so I can't lose it that way either. I just got to wrap my head around my journey and realize that it is a journey and not a short trip. Thanks for responding you have made me feel better.

Olene

i was banded on 12.31.08 and have lost roughly 10lbs since then. i'm trying as hard as i can to stick to my diet that was given to me by the nutritionist, but i'm just so hungry all the time! i know that will get somewhat better with my first fill which is scheduled for 02.11

I have gotten sick twice now after eating too fast and not chewing well enough. the first was on Pasta which is a no-no anyway and the second was on thin sliced ham. it was more than just a pb too; i threw up everything that i had eaten. that had to be one of the most painful expierences that i have ever had! it hurt so bad that i know that i won't let myself do that again.

i too am looking forward to my lap band journey...i'm excited for what the future holds for me as well as everyone else :thumbup:

i haven't gotten sick yet, knock on wood, hopefully i wont cause it sounds awful. I hate that you had to go through that. im scheduled to meet with my dietician next week the 25th. so i havent even done that yet. im just going by the paperwork and the blogs and chats. you're lucky to get your fill so soon. Let me know how it goes.Good luck!

Olene

Hi there,

I had my surgery the same day you did and I was at the same weight as you and lost the exact same amount as you on my 1 week post op. I had mine in San Diego CA. Are you keeping a daily calorie count?

No just trying to eat 5 small meals and get my Protein and just watch the fats and sugars. That is cool that we are in the same place. when do you get your first fill, and how many calories do you eat a day.

Hey princess I was banded 12/31/2008 by Dr. Collier in Houston. How are you doing? I have only lost 9 lbs. doc says im right on track but everyone else on here seems like they lose so much more. Im not scheduled for my first fill until Feb 24 thats another 4 weeks but he said don't expect anything to dramatic from the first one. So I don't know what to think Im ready to not be hungry cause Im starving. Let me know how your journey is going.

Olene

I am starving most of the time, however when I do eat, I am not eating much. I do not have a date for my first fill yet, but they said it would be 6 weeks after the surgery so I am guessing around the 10th of Feb.

Overall I am feeling well, anxiou to be cleared so I can start exercising. I am really excited though, cause today I tried on a pair of jeans that were 1 size smaller, and they fit!!!! WOO-HOO I was sooo excited.

I look forward to talking with you more. Its nice to talk to someone who is in the same stage as I am.

Congrats on the jeans, I haven't gotten brave enough to try yet. I hate being disappointed. But thats just the pessimest(sp?) in me. Did you fly from New York for Dr. Collier to do your surgery? I just looked at your user stuff and both our birthdays are in March, i'm March 3. Thats pretty cool. I know what you mean about the starving part but I'm making it supposed to me with my dietician on Wens. so I guess we'll see how I' doing. And if you get your first fill on Feb 10th you'll have the tell me all about it. Cause that means you will go first. Who do you see in New York is it Journeylite or another doctor. Hope to hear from you soon.

Olene

Hey princess how are you doing? Good I hope haven't heard anything from you just want to check and make sure you're doing ok. I was eating to fast today and some food got stuck it was awful. I haven't even had a fill yet. So it kindof scares me. I know that I need to slow down while I'm eating sometimes its just hard. Have you had any trouble like that yet. Hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

Olene

I sooo know what you mean about eating to fast. It was almost scary when it happened, (got stuck). I had never considered myself a fast eater before, but now I guess I am/was. I am working very hard at slowing down. Its worse when I am really hiungry. Then I take a huge bite and don't chew well...then it gets stuck.

How have you been doing? How did your meeting with the nutritionist go? I have not had one of thoes but I am thinking about making one, to learn more about what I should and shouldnt be eating and stuff.

I see Dr J. Viglianco at Synergy Bariactrics in Buffalo. I am both alittle excited and nervous about the upcomming fill...

Hope you are doing well.

Edited by agatoprincess

Well now im on a 1000 to 1200 calorie diet. And of course now all i can do is to think about food whereas before my visit to the dietician i was just going by the list that i got from the doc. It is more like a diet that i would have been on before my surgery and i know that it supposed to be a lifestyle change but it is very hard. She doesn't want me to drink anymore Protein Shakes unless absolutely necessary time wise. Of course some days are better than others. Hope all is well with you be sure to write me as soon as you can about your first fill.

Sincerely,

Olene

Hey Mary so did you get your fill yesterday? If so how did it go, how do you feel any different? Did it hurt or did they numb it? Hope all is well please let me know it you got it done or not im really curious.

Sincerely,

Olene

Hey Mary so did you get your fill yesterday? If so how did it go, how do you feel any different? Did it hurt or did they numb it? Hope all is well please let me know it you got it done or not im really curious.

Sincerely,

Olene

I did do a first fill post yesterday. It seemed like that made more sence, since that really wasnt part of an intorduction.

It went well, He numbed me first (that stung), it took him a few tries to find the port, guess mine healed at an odd angle. 2.5 cc in, and back to the post surgery diet for a week. Back in 6 weeks for another.

It was way worse in my head than it really was.I don't really feel different, I feel hungry. I hate the liquid diet part.