Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Manuel Castro, Dallas Texas

:confused:Ok i'm trying to set up an appointment with Dr. Castro for a consultation. I called and they told me i first had to register on line with them and that they would call me back to set up an appointment. It's been a week and a half and still no call. I tried calling them back but they told me that it takes time and that they would call me? I'm just wondering if any one has gone threw him before and if you had to go threw this process too? I'm getting a little discouraged with this doctor, i really want lapband done and i've done lots of reasearch and he's pretty good. I dont know why it's taking forever for them to call me? I told them i knew i was going to be self pay since i've tried going threw my insurance before and they denied me. Any one out there with any info please let me know. Thanks in advance.;)

:(

Well, imo, if you are already dissatisfied and you are going to be self pay...then why not find another doctor? I am going through Adam Smith in Ft Worth and his office staff seems to be very nice and helpful. I went to a seminar in Dec and I have my surgery date scheduled for March. My surgery date is so far out because I have Tricare and Dr Smith has to do surgery for Tricare patients at a different hospital. Anyway...point is, if I was going to be paying thousands of dollars for a service, I think I would shop around a bit and find a place that seemed a bit more....appreciative?

I started out going through Dr. Castro but I too was displeased with the amount of time in between signing up and my initial appointment.. At the initial appointment I spent nearly 2 hours in the waiting room and 5 minutes with Dr. Castro. I was really not pleased. I have switched to Dr. Wade Barker and have thus far been pleased with everything. His staff is very courteous and he is very thorough. I will have surgery in March 09. I agree with the others, if you are unpleased at this point, how will rest of the process turn out?

I'm having my surgery with Dr. Castro on Jan.27th and I've had no problems. After I went to the weight loss seminar and did the registration online, it took a couple of a days for them to contact me and less than 2 weeks later I had my initial consultation with him, which was in August. I didn't have the same experience as Rhasibabie having to wait 2 hours in the waiting room. I've been pleased with the services so far and everyone has been very nice. Dr. Castro is great and is very patient. He takes the time to answer any question I have. I don't know why it's taking so long for them to contact you. Maybe it's because they have an extreme amount of patients they're trying to get around to being that it's the first of the year and everyone is trying to get in now. Ask for Daphne or Chris. They are patient advocates who work in the office. They have taken great care of me in making sure I have everything I needed to submit to the insurance company. Since you're self pay you won't have to go through all of that. Hope everything turns out well with whichever doctor you choose.

Hi, I am also self Pay and going through Dr Castro. I would go to his website TLCEdge.com and through that number. If that is the number that you have already called. I would call the program director that I have worked with. Her name is Cynthia O'kelley and she is absolutely wonderful! Her number is 214-243-0840 and her email addy is: cokelly@med-edge.com.

I am having surgery on February 6 and she has answered a lot of questions and scheduled my appts as well and like I said she is great!