Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The January 15th Band Party!

Welcome April! I don't feel like I have a band most of the time either, but it's still early. There are some occasions, if I accidentally take a huge bite or if I get too full that I definitely can tell it is there. I know I am nowhere near where I need to be in terms of restriction, but my appetite seems to be a lot less than it used to be. What has your experience been like so far? Have you had a fill yet?

Hi and thanks so much for your response. I have had one fill and I'm not convinced that they actually did anything. The surgeon wasn't there, I have no idea who the person was that did the fill, they did do it under fluroscopy though. She only poked once and didn't feel around at all and the site of the injection seemed a lot lower than where my port is, but that's just my opinion, surely they did do something. I have lost a total of 25lbs since starting on this journey, hopefully I am on track, but we'll see. started going to the gym seriously this week, but trying to not over do it just yet, will try to wean back into working out hard. I hope you are doing well.

Hello everyone, It's been a while since I've checked in. I am down 23lbs since surgery and a total of 47lbs. from my highest. I started regular foods on fri and have been tolerating it pretty well. I have my 2nd post of visit on the 3rd. and it went well. I am now cleared to head back to the gym and I will begin tomorrow. I can't wait. I opted not to have a fill at this time. I don't yet know what hunger is. I have been experiencing constipation:frown:, and alot of gas:mad:. I have been trying to remember to slow down when drinking and eating. I haven't tried to many of the old foods like bread or Pasta, I am afraid of it getting stuck, so for now I will stay away. I have also been having a hard time getting my fat intake in. I will be trying to change some of the fatfree options to low fat to get the fat intake up. Other than that, the band is great. Small portions were something I never thought I would be able to maintain, but I'm doing it. I go back in 2 months to see the surgeon, at that time I will decide if I will get a fill. I hope everyone is doing well.

Dawn

Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't posted in a while, but I had my second fill on the 17th. My first fill was not enough, so I only lost about 5 lbs in the last month. At LEAST I did lose and not gain, but seriously how frustrating!?! I asked my doc last time how much he would add each additional fill and he said we would increase by 1cc at a time up til 7, then 1/2cc at a time so I went in prepared to beg for 2ccs. He actually suggested that we go ahead with 2, and let me tell you I was too tight! I drank my little dixie cup full of Water and felt like I had to burp and up some of it came back up. He took out 1/2cc and the pressure was instantly relieved. It has felt quite a bit different than before and I have had a few sliming episodes getting used to the change. I know it's working though, because I already lost 5 lbs this week!! :tt1: How are the rest of you faring?

I too am doing well. I am down from 230 at my highest weight pre-op too somewhere in the 192-195 range. I won't update my ticker until I go back for my next check up on 4/9 so the weight is "official". The weight loss has definately slowed down though but I figured it would. I am working out at the gym 3-4 times a week and taking 2 dance aerobic classes a week as well which for me is so awesome!! I have dropped from a size 20 to a 14-16 so I know its working. I also have stopped weighing so often. I don't want to get discouraged. I still can't tolerate bread but just about everything else is going down well in moderation. Still no chips and sweets but I admit to having some fried chicken strips a few times and I have eaten a few french fries twice but maybe 1/4 of a serving. :tt1: But my doc says that is ok to do occasionally and in moderation. Look forward to hearing from everyone!!

Hi everyone! Glad to see some folks checking in! I tend to spend more time on Sparkpeople.com nowadays where I can track my food and join challenges etc.

I am down about 34 pounds. I had my first fill about 2 weeks ago -- I have 1cc in a 10 cc band. I have lost about 6 pounds since my fill so I am pretty happy with it. (The last three weeks before my fill I hadn't lost ANY weight!!)

Knocking on wood b/c I have not yet had any sliming incidents - have found a few foods that are painful going down, but only for a few seconds. I will stay away from the, but pretty mch everything else is fine. Just eating WAY less than I used to and satisfied with it!!

I was finally cleared for all physical activity at my fill in early march, but have been sick as a dog with a cold/sinus thing that won't go away so no gym for me yet. I am starting to feel better so I WILL start back at the gym the end of this week!!!

I had my 3 month post op appointment yesterday and have lost 16 lbs in the past month since I reached restriction. I am just over the 30 pound total loss mark. I took a vacation and ended up losing about 4 lbs in 5 days on it. That's something I would never have expected to do, ever in my life. This band is wonderful! My doctor asked me if I wanted a fill, but I declined. He said that as I lose a little more weight, the band will get a little loose, so he expects to have to give me a small fill in about 3 weeks. I hope you are all doing well! Best wishes to everyone!

Good day all! It has also been a while since my last post. Glad to read that everyone is doing so well!! I went for my 3 month check up (well, it was about a week early) on April 9th...I had no idea how I was doing weight-loss-wise since I have stopped weighing myself so often...to my SHOCK AND AMAZEMENT I had lost another 11.2 pound since the beginning of March. Grand total of 38.6 pounds lost since 1/15. I am down from a size 20 pants/dress size and 2x top to size 14-16 pants (14 in slacks, and 16 in jeans for some reason...) and large tops!! I shocked the doc when I came strolling in...he just said, "WOW, you are looking great!" I am so short (4'11') that this weight loss has really made me look different fast. Still going to our hospitals Wellness Center to work out, take Body Vive class and lift weights 3 -4 times a week...and walk as much as I can. Still have 40 more to go...did no get an adjustment this time...will likely get a small fill in May.

The doc does not want me losing more than 2 pounds a week... :wub: But I am LOVING THIS BAND!!!

Happy 4 month bandiversary everyone!! I have lost 45 pounds!! How is everyone else faring?

MELLY GIRL!!! That's great!! I had a small setback in the past 6 weeks...had to have my vascular port (not related to the lap band) replaced on 4/30 and also had "female trouble" in April and had my uterous removed also the first week of May so...I have been on a no-exercise restriction since 4/9. I had only gained 1 pound back at my first bariatric checkup since my latest two surgeries, and doc said I was still retaining alot of post surgical Fluid so I've been watching my weight closely at home. Also had 1cc added to the band. Per my home scales, I have lost almost 47 pounds now...we will see "officially" when I go back for my next bariatric visit in June. Per them I was at 39 pounds with the 1 pound gain. Am cleared to start walking and gradually work my exercise up from there on June 1st. Hope everyone else is doing good as well!! We have all kinda slacked off on posting...love ya'll and look forward to hearing from everyone. This is still the BEST thing I have ever done.

Hi all! Just checking in. I had my monthly appt. today and have lost 50 lbs! My weight slowed down in the last week or so, because my band loosened due to fat loss beneath it. I got another 1/2 cc fill, so I should lose more in the next few weeks. My doctor told me today that I am a perfect example of the band, and he said I am absolutely on track for "almost" 5 months post op. Hope you are all doing fabulously. I would love to hear any updates from you all!:wub:

Hi Everyone,

I have not posted in forever, sorry. I hope everyone is doing well. I have lost 54 lbs so far. I have had 2 fills and one unfill. The unfill was very helpful as I was having a really hard time getting enough Protein and Water down and horrible choking at night. I never expected to have to have an unfill after just the second fill, but whatever works I suppose. I have not lost any weight since the unfill about 3 weeks ago, so am kind of worried about that, but am trying to be patient. I am definitely not over eating and still have good restriction, so not sure if my body is just trying to recover from the month of too tight or what, guess we will see. It is always great to hear from people that started at the same time, keep the posts coming and good luck

Great work ladies!! I posted earlier about my set back in April and May...just got cleared to go back to the gym June 1st. I was down 39 pounds on May12th. Go back June 9th. At my last post op visit last week from my most recent surgery (vascular port replacement surgery on May 6th- same doc that did my Band) I was down 44 pounds. I am hoping to be CLOSE to 50 pounds by the 9th as alot of this weight is Fluid retention from the surgeries and the working out again should help. We are well on our way ladies!! Keep us all posted!!:wub:

I got something stuck for the very 1st time yeasterday night. Though I was going to die :confused: I was in so much pain. But after about 1 hour it passed TG. I took to big of a bite of chicken. I'm down 67lbs now and trying to get that last 5lbs off so I can hit 199. What does everyone do for working out?? I hate to work out and always looking for something fun to do.

Gabby