Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gettin banded on the 14th

Hi!!

I am on the 15th! I am getting really excited and a little nervous too!

My doctor didn't mke me do a pre-op diet either, but I decided to do a low carb/luigid diet combo thing :cool: on my own and I have lost seven pounds so far! Might as well get a head start since everyone else on our little team here is working through the preop diet anyways!

Can't wait to hear how you are doing and how things go! Good luck!

I'm getting banded on the 14th and no pre-op diet for me. :thumbup:Whohoo! I am getting nervous though.

I will be joining you on the same day ,and I don't have to do the diet thing either ,but I have cut back a lot already lost 4.4 pounds since Sunday . I'm scared but getting more excited as the day approaches .Best Wishes .

Also Wednesday the 14th, I've been doing a pre-op diet since the 1st & lost 11lbs so far.

I'm not nervous, just anxious to get there, get in & get home. I don't relish the idea of actually being in a hospital.

I'm getting banded on the 14th as well. It's been 2 weeks of Optifast and Clear Liquids and today and tomorrow will be clear liquids only. I wish I hadn't woken up so hungry this morning :thumbdown: I see a lot of sugar free Jello in my future today. Tuesday I have to take pico salex for my bowel cleanse. It boggles my mind that after 2 weeks of no solid food that there can be anything in there at all.

I feel like you do Donnainva, I just want it over and done with. I kind of feel like going there will just be like going to any of the preop testing appointments. Just another step to get to the end, you know?

I've already bought a few jars of baby food for when I start on pureed foods in about 4 weeks or so. I'm curious to taste them.... how can mashed up turkey and vegetables taste good? I bet anything will taste good after weeks of liquids!

Now i'm rambling. Blame the hunger!

I don't have kids but my SIL told me that baby food is almost tasteless--there are no additives (okay they aren't good for us, but they do add taste!) and no added salt. So prepare for bland to the second power.

I'm also getting banded tomorrow (the 14th) at 8am! I started my pre-op diet on New Years Eve, 12 days of Opti-Fast and yesterday I started clear liquids. Yesterday was rough being at work but I've taken today off. I'm down about 14 pounds.

I don't have kids but my SIL told me that baby food is almost tasteless--there are no additives (okay they aren't good for us, but they do add taste!) and no added salt. So prepare for bland to the second power.

I bought the magicbullet just so I can puree my own food that's seasoned. My nutrionist said just add a little Water to the food to make the puree.

i hope all ofyour surgeries went well. i was in to get sliced and diced around 9 am and was out in about 50 minutes. I don't know if this is a goo thing or not...

i can't seem to get rid of the excess gas and want to fart like you wouldn't believe. I stayed overnight in the hospital (which was always the plan) and got discharged on the 15th around 1pm. I am having a lot of pains from the gas still, and my incision sites are hurting now and then. I have no desire to eat, well drink, anything. I am having a hard time taking in the amount of Protein shakes that I was told to have. 3 diabetic boost shakes a day + clear liquids for the next couple of weeks seems almost impossible.

I've been up and walking around a LOT and still all i feel is the gas rumbling in my tummy but it never comes out. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've been taking gas x strips, but it's not getting rid of the gas like i'd like it to.

Htlwhite: I finally had the biggest fart ever yesterday, just a couple of hours after posting. I just kept walking and I guess that the time had come. It hurt a LOT before it came out. Ha ha...there was a rumble in the jungle alright! Sorry, that's gross. It was the best feeling that I'd had in days though. Uh, it's been pretty randomly happening since then. As long as it's passing, I don't care.

So, how about an update, y'all? Doing better?

Lena

Been home since about 1pm on the 15th. My first and second day were tough with (what I'm guessing) was the CO2 gas used in surgery. I've been "eating" my three meals a day and getting lots of liquids in. Not been hungry and not felt full yet. the incisions are itching and the port one is still fairly painful.

Been out walking (okay, so usually shopping) everyday!

Hope you all are doing okay:smile2:

Been home since about 1pm on the 15th. My first and second day were tough with (what I'm guessing) was the CO2 gas used in surgery. I've been "eating" my three meals a day and getting lots of liquids in. Not been hungry and not felt full yet. the incisions are itching and the port one is still fairly painful.

Been out walking (okay, so usually shopping) everyday!

Hope you all are doing okay:smile2:

Glad to hear from you, Donna. Better now?

Lena

So, how about an update, y'all? Doing better?

Lena

Hi Lena,

I was banded on January 14Th ,and I'm doing soo much better the first 4 days were the worst for me . I'm still on my clear liquid diet ,and go to see my LB Doctor on the 27TH. I have one more week of liquids then I move on to mushie foods (I can't wait ).I am surprised at how well my incisions have healed up I've been putting Vitamin E on them . I hope everyone else is doing as well ,and hope to hear of all your good news .Blessings

Hi Lena,

I was banded on January 14Th ,and I'm doing soo much better the first 4 days were the worst for me . I'm still on my clear liquid diet ,and go to see my LB Doctor on the 27TH. I have one more week of liquids then I move on to mushie foods (I can't wait ).I am surprised at how well my incisions have healed up I've been putting Vitamin E on them . I hope everyone else is doing as well ,and hope to hear of all your good news .Blessings

Glad to hear from you, Ronda. Enjoy this month when the weight falls off you like melting snow. My loss has started to slow down now that I can have solids, so treasure this time.

Lena