Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

biggest loser - '09

Forgot to mention that I didn't really like the 3 digs at WLS they had last night.

1) Dr. tells shar pei dad his fat placement is most likely due to his gastric bypass. Yeah, right. Like someones innards being cut up has anything to do with the placement of his fat.:confused:

2) Right after that, SPD is talking to the camera and said he'd had the RNY and had taken "the easy way out" by doing so. And that this way was much better.

3) I think it was Cathy that said she was losing weight w/o dieting, WLS and something else. As if what she was doing is not dieting. Just isn't a fad diet.

I'm really getting tired of people assuming that you have the surgery and the lbs. just drop off. I've had to work harder in the gym than ever before. Alot of the people I get along with the best on this website have done the same.

I for SURE caught the last one, the girl who got weighed in. I remembered thinking, WTF?? I must have missed the other two because I was hard at work taking the easy way out and excercising my butt off.

Cosigning on what Ceradad and Luluc said...this is one of the hardest things I've EVER done...and I really resented the statements!

Shar-pei Dad had that fat deposit pattern WAY before his WLS...you can see it in every picture of him from "before"...

Not giving the uninformed in the audience valid information is just wrong...they may inadvertently stop someone from investigating WLS who COULD be helped by the surgery!

That's just irresponsible...is there a way we could protest? And...do you think they'd even listen?

Nasty daddy should have gone home weeks ago. He's a drag on whoever's team he's on and I HATE, HATE, HATE watching when he weighs in because it gags me. What I hate even more is that he's the image people will now associate with WLS.

They show pics of him in bibs weeding the garden or something and doing other things but they never show anything that looks like it could have been taken after his wls, lets face it the odds of having rny and not loosing a pound are low, yet he says hes proof it doesn't work. Looks like to me he just at to many pieces of pizza and gained whatever he might have lost right back. Sorry about the caps but i can't see well enough right now i promise i'm not yelling at anyone. I just hate the thought of beong lumped in with him, and we wonder why people are so negative about wls. What about tbl winners who gained all their weight back, notice they never mention them grrrrrrrrr

I wondered why they chose someone that had WLS. I was worried that even though, he doesn't have mal absorption, he still has some type of restriction. It woouldn't be fair to others.

Now, I am wondering if they choose him so they can go on a WLS bash rant.

If they chose me - I would let them say whatever they want! I am thinking about going to the tryouts - I am still way fat and gained 20lbs after my band was unfilled for a surgery - I would love to get ahead by being on BL - then have my band tightened sounds like the perfect life to me.

My problem is choosing the right foods and working out (I am pretty sure that is everyones problem - WLS or not). If I could go there for a few months - have a personal trainer kick my ass daily and have food choices made for me and learn to eat right - that would be awesome. I think I would learn a lot - then have the best of both worlds - a band that could be tightened afterwards to help me keep the weight off.

Tryouts in Houston in a week - anyone want to be my partner?

Now, I am wondering if they choose him so they can go on a WLS bash rant.

i think that's exactly what the producers wanted to present in MO.

they had tryouts in dallas last sat - i say go for it. would love a positive WLS contestant.....there's too many of us out "there" to ignore:)

They show pics of him in bibs weeding the garden or something and doing other things but they never show anything that looks like it could have been taken after his wls, lets face it the odds of having rny and not loosing a pound are low, yet he says hes proof it doesn't work. Looks like to me he just at to many pieces of pizza and gained whatever he might have lost right back.

To be fair, there are probably lots of people with every WLS group that don't follow instructions. I read posts on here almost daily where the poster is lamenting that the band "doesn't stop me from eating" or "I can still eat just as much as I ever could". I wish I had known tryouts were in Dallas....I might have tried out.

I wish I had known tryouts were in Dallas....I might have tried out.

Why? Looking at your ticker, you really don't need that. Aren't they bitching at Cathy for her "measly" 48lb loss?

Why? Looking at your ticker, you really don't need that. Aren't they bitching at Cathy for her "measly" 48lb loss?

maybe with all that free training, room and board, I could get down to like 3% body fat. I think I'd be poised to be America's darling.

BTW, I'll probably get lambasted for this, but I saw a commercial for one of the chain gyms (Ballys? 24 hour Fitness?) that shows Allie jogging. I think she looks kinda gross. Fire away.

I'm going!!!! I saw the ticker at the bottom and already told DH I was going. I'm wearing my tightest and shiniest shirts - it seems that's what they pick from the crowd.

I haven't looked up the times, but I will. I'm going early and staying all day if I have to.

Nasty daddy should have gone home weeks ago. He's a drag on whoever's team he's on and I HATE, HATE, HATE watching when he weighs in because it gags me. What I hate even more is that he's the image people will now associate with WLS.

Very good point, Donna. :confused:

maybe with all that free training, room and board, I could get down to like 3% body fat. I think I'd be poised to be America's darling.

BTW, I'll probably get lambasted for this, but I saw a commercial for one of the chain gyms (Ballys? 24 hour Fitness?) that shows Allie jogging. I think she looks kinda gross. Fire away.

I agree. Her face looks kinda...cracked?

But. I'd take that over fat. She's healthy, and fit and worked hard to get it.

I'm going!!!! I saw the ticker at the bottom and already told DH I was going. I'm wearing my tightest and shiniest shirts - it seems that's what they pick from the crowd.

I haven't looked up the times, but I will. I'm going early and staying all day if I have to.

awesome glouc!!!

you need to let us all know what the screening is like.....i'll have my fingers crossed for ya!

i actually felt bad for laura last night - motivation comes in many forms, barking at me like that wouldn't cut it either.... but i wouldn't go off crying. which goes to show that there much more than dropping the lbs -lifestyle change, eating right, exercise, dealing with the deamons that allowed us to let ourselves go, body image - all of it. 9 wks is where they are in TV time; i know i hadn't wrapped my head about banding just then. i started walking & obviously eating much smaller meals - but the emotional side hadn't even kicked in. i think she deserves a break or a good chat w/someone a bit more sympathetic to whats going on her in head. i find her MUCH different than the "sisters" and the crying they partipate in - they're more obnoxious in MO.

Having someone else be mean and nasty has never worked to motivate me, why would I expect that from someone else? She clearly needs assistance mentally, and that is not something Jillian is qualified to do.

Can I get an amen? ...and yet the weight of his father is on the son again. Pathetic. It's time to put him out of his misery. Can I also say, in what world do you gloat for having beat your child in a contest? That was just... weird.

She does look a bit strange but she rocks!

Awesome! Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Mandi (or whatever): Just how many times do they have to cry to get their way? I bet this was a ritual with them growing up. When are the other contestants going to look at them and say "Yeah I won, and I'm gonna keep what I earned!!"

Ripple Dad: Please go home.

Tara: Looks skinny already and needs better fitting shorts.

Purple Daughter: You were my #2 and now you're not even in my vicinity. Yeah, let's see you 3 years down the road. Mmhmm...

Filipe: Good job!

Sione: Get ur arse in gear!

Purple Mom: I expected that with her 14 Lb. los the week before.

Mike: If you don't pull 10 it's not your fault two people have to go home. You will help make this world a better place if your Dad goes home.

Jillian: You do what you do best, and that is train. Leave the rest to what others do best.

Bob: Shut up and stop your crying, it's making me sick.