Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

biggest loser - '09

WTH??? I hate it when shows do crap like that!

Even though Tara may be a bit too much [fill in the blank], she's still one of my favorites. She reminds me of a salesperson at work who everyone loves to hate. She also kicks everyone's ass when it comes to meeting quotas. When I see Tara, I think of Linda. I'm not particularly fond of Linda, but I do respect her kick ass first and take names later attitude.

Beth DH just informed me that Hulu has to wait a week and since that was a split show who knows.

Beth DH just informed me that Hulu has to wait a week and since that was a split show who knows.

Hmmm... I'm guessing hulu can't air it until the original station does, but I don't know that for sure. I was just irked that I could catch The Bachelor the day after it aired but TBL, which I really hated to miss, I hadn't been able to see yet. :blush:

Hey folks!

Loved the challenge on this one...packing food for those less fortunate puts a real "usable" goal at the end of the challenge and puts the focus on someone other than the contestants. Good idea, in my opinion...

Why am I not surprised that Laura (miss whiny wop) would sit out the challenge when Sione had an injured ankle and would have been better placed at the belt packing stuff?

She is such a WIMP...all that crying and snot flowing and crap...I'm with Jillian on this one - I hope this shook her out of her sense of complacency. My DD and I were just yelling at the TV for her to grow a set and get over herself already!

DD says she is Joelle, just a different skin color... *snort*

I do like that they were making the entire group responsible for each other, but putting all that pressure on Mike wasn't exactly fair. I don't think he made the goal, though I'd be happy if he did.

If he didn't make it, then send Shar-pei Dad and Whiny Weak Laura home...

ITA with those who feel Tara might be hard to take on a daily basis, but gotta admire her gumption and refusal to quit. The gal is a serious competitor...DD also feels that Laura compares herself to Tara too much and that might be part of the reason for her spinelessness...she thinks she can't compete with Tara, so she quits trying.

I think someone in her childhood made her feel bad for being competitive and trying to come in "first" or "best" and it had such an impression on her that she now refuses to compete and doesn't really know why...sad, just too sad...

Missed most of the first half of last nights show. So, I can only speak about the 2nd half.

So, I will just say, I don't believe Jillian went too far with Laura last night. Laura just doesn't get it. Jilllian kept asking her why she thought she wasn't yelling at her. She actually thought Jillian believed she was doing a good enough job.:blush: C'mon, Jillian yells to motivate. If she isn't yelling, you aren't doing the job.

I hate the way they ended the show last night. Just sucked. Oh well, nothing I can do about it.

3) I really dislike this pressure they're placing on Mike. The thing doesn't hinge on him, and the team shouldn't be thinking that way.

the look on that poor kid said it all. from his neck all the way up his face was blotchy red......horrible position for him & not fair.

i don't know how i feel about the laura/jillian dynamic; didn't the last 2 winners (ali & michelle) have emotional issues??

the look on that poor kid said it all. from his neck all the way up his face was blotchy red......horrible position for him & not fair.

I agree.

i don't know how i feel about the laura/jillian dynamic; didn't the last 2 winners (ali & michelle) have emotional issues??

Yep, I know that Ali had issues and I can't remember the Michelle drama. What about the Mandi thing? It was nice of Mike to give her the groceries, but it's either her or Aubrey that's always whinning to get their way. Remember when she JUST HAD to have the visit from her hubby and kids?

Michelle cried and wanted to go home the first 1/3 of it or close to it then bam she snapped out of it and went for the win. Ali isn't as fresh in my mind so I'm scared I might confuse her with one of the others from her season.

I made the mistake of looking at the clock when it was time for Mike to go up and knew there wasn't enough time for them to vote off 2 players so I'm telling DH he has to obviously makes it when DH says no it will be continued. I was pissed.

Each week the show something in the previews for the next week, we knew the black team had won the challenge and gave something great to the blue girl whos name I can't think of now. We should have known when we never saw Sione loose it on Jillian that it would be a ....to be continued.

I can't wait to hear him go off on Jillian, not because I think she failed him but as someone over weight I know I have blamed everything under the sun when I didn't loose what I thought I should. I'm surprised I have a working set of scales in my house LOL temper temper.

I'm guessing where Sione didn't pull his weight that is what sets him off especially if poor Mike doesn't pull that 10. While I think they have great trainers, equipment and other things there to help them, ultimately its like us and the band. We choose to make the band work or not work for us, not anyone else. (unless your one of the few who had band problems and had to have it removed, beyond your control).

Guess I need to get off my rear and call and schedule my fill then get busy exercising before I've eaten my foot

Why not put crybaby Laura or shar-pei dad in that position? I agree, it's not fair to Mike. He's consistently done well. Why put HIM through that? :blush:

Ughh, I hate it when they leave us hanging!

I agree with ya'll. I don't think Jillian too far either. Laura needed a dose of reality and she got it.

Poor Mike....I felt so bad for him! I hope he makes it, but I have my doubts. He already said he felt like his body is just trying to play catch up. Poor fellow.

I still love Tara! IMO, she is the biggest threat there! Even as her weight gets lower and lower, she pulls double digits just about every week. She is a machine!

Ali isn't as fresh in my mind so I'm scared I might confuse her with one of the others from her season.

ali, was a bit of a basket case - similar to laura & jillian had her mother (a pshych) come to the house talk to her and the rest of the team about "self worth". after that she kicked it in high gear; was sent home - but came back to the house after losing more than the others voted off and was a one woman powerhouse.

i actually felt bad for laura last night - motivation comes in many forms, barking at me like that wouldn't cut it either.... but i wouldn't go off crying. which goes to show that there much more than dropping the lbs -lifestyle change, eating right, exercise, dealing with the deamons that allowed us to let ourselves go, body image - all of it. 9 wks is where they are in TV time; i know i hadn't wrapped my head about banding just then. i started walking & obviously eating much smaller meals - but the emotional side hadn't even kicked in. i think she deserves a break or a good chat w/someone a bit more sympathetic to whats going on her in head. i find her MUCH different than the "sisters" and the crying they partipate in - they're more obnoxious in MO.

Though I don't think I really like Laura, the one thing that can be said is that at least she had a good weight loss last night. I think had she not, it would have plummeted her further.

Forgot to mention that I didn't really like the 3 digs at WLS they had last night.

1) Dr. tells shar pei dad his fat placement is most likely due to his gastric bypass. Yeah, right. Like someones innards being cut up has anything to do with the placement of his fat.:confused:

2) Right after that, SPD is talking to the camera and said he'd had the RNY and had taken "the easy way out" by doing so. And that this way was much better.

3) I think it was Cathy that said she was losing weight w/o dieting, WLS and something else. As if what she was doing is not dieting. Just isn't a fad diet.

I'm really getting tired of people assuming that you have the surgery and the lbs. just drop off. I've had to work harder in the gym than ever before. Alot of the people I get along with the best on this website have done the same.

Forgot to mention that I didn't really like the 3 digs at WLS they had last night.

i'm glad you brought that up too (had forgotten)....especially the comment coming from the "purple daughter" (cathy??). ..who i had been cheering on.

i get so F'in pissed when i hear the mention that WLS is an easy way out. here's my 2 cents:

1 - ins did NOT cover me or DH so lapband self pay X 2 = 30k; nothing easy in writing that check

2 - the lapband does not go grocery shopping for me

3 - the lapband does not haul my ass up and drive to the gym, when i'm snuggly warm in my bed

4 - the lapband does not restrict me from making bad food choices on ocassion

5- the lapand did not help address why i chose to put everyone first other than myself

i wouldn't dare consider myself a success till the lbs i lost have stayed gone for well over 3-5yrs. props to those only who are in a gym for 7hrs a day and not the rest of society who found alternatives to dealing w/their obese selves is shameful.