Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

biggest loser - '09

Black's not thinking strategically. They should have thrown that challenge.

True. Do you think this is all a put on to make the show interesting? If it is, I don't like it.

I've never watched the show until this season, but I was wondering if the award would have been a little different had the other team won (or if this is a routine award that's given every season). These shows are so manipulative, and I thought this might have been the producers ploy to even the contest a bit.

This cannot be real. I believe it's a gimmick from the producers. This has been the strangest season. I'm beginning to not believe anything on this show.

Well....

There's been much said this season about how they are more 'real' and less game-play oriented than previous seasons. I understand that, but STUPID STUPID STUPID decision. All they did was guarantee that next week they'll end up voting off the one that should have gone now.

Y'all are playing a game. Never forget it.

I figured it was just easier to quote myself.

I'd dearly love to learn the Brown Ripple Dad Jedi Mind Trick that he's using. "This is not the contestant you are looking for" (waving hand)

They've offered similar type prizes in other seasons, not all but if I remember correctly it always bit the winners in the a$$/ I so would have given blue this challenge even though I totally hate to loose anything.

OK, I can say this about my DH since we already discussed it during the show. Jillian had the right to be disgusted with the team for the smoking, drinking and the way they ate.......I didn't think this was the appropriate time for Filipe to go off. (This is what my DH does, I get upset and complain about something he throws something else back at me and neither gets addressed). I don't know why he didn't get individual training but it wasn't an excuse for the food he ate on luxury.

I am probably sticking my foot in my mouth but I did think Bob should have sent the cousins back to work it out. Both sides are playing the game, not just black.

Once again we have to look at brown dad for another week. If Kristen hadn't had anonymity I think I would have sent her home, she seems to be the "Captain" of blue team right now

Edited by Saundra

I figured it was just easier to quote myself.

I'd dearly love to learn the Brown Ripple Dad Jedi Mind Trick that he's using. "This is not the contestant you are looking for" (waving hand)

LOVE how he said it was "time for Mandi to go." Good grief. :thumbup:

And whassup with Bob enabling the wussy cousins?? Those two are irritating me now. Filipe's little tantrum at Jillian for not training him -- yet all he's done since he switched teams is talk about how she's not Bob, she's not training him, not connecting with him, not this, not that... C'mon, whiner, this isn't about HER, it's about YOU! She's already thin. She doesn't need you, you need her. Make the best of it, ya crybaby!! :tt1:

I don't know why he didn't get individual training but it wasn't an excuse for the food he ate on luxury.

Yeah, I was yelling at my television when he blamed Jillian for his week.

Also, I missed the first 7-8 minutes... did the boy get the pounds he needed to keep everybody there? I don't keep up with who's who, so I didn't notice if two were missing from last week.

Spoiler on whether the kid lost enough weight. I've written it in white, so if you highlight it, you'll see the answer. (aren't I tricky..haha)

>>>YEPPERS, he did good<<<

I am appalled at all of the hypocrites on this site who are calling Ron "ripple dad" and "shar-pei" etc... He is not my favorite contestant either, but I suspect that those of you who are calling him those names would not pass a shirt-off test very favorably either! He is clearly a person who has struggled his entire life with his weight. There is an obvious genetic component and and a lot of pain for him both physically, and emotionally. Attack him for his actions, not his appearance. I thought everyone here on this site was supportive of weight loss attempts, not be the ones pointing fingers and tearing down.

I am appalled at all of the hypocrites on this site who are calling Ron "ripple dad" and "shar-pei" etc... He is not my favorite contestant either, but I suspect that those of you who are calling him those names would not pass a shirt-off test very favorably either! He is clearly a person who has struggled his entire life with his weight. There is an obvious genetic component and and a lot of pain for him both physically, and emotionally. Attack him for his actions, not his appearance. I thought everyone here on this site was supportive of weight loss attempts, not be the ones pointing fingers and tearing down.

Feel free to put me on ignore. I will not change my opinion of him nor his 'team'.

Life is not all rainbows and butterflies, and I don't believe in coddling the incompetent.

Yeah, I was yelling at my television when he blamed Jillian for his week.

Also, I missed the first 7-8 minutes... did the boy get the pounds he needed to keep everybody there? I don't keep up with who's who, so I didn't notice if two were missing from last week.

Yes, Brown shirt boy lost enough to keep everyone there. I agree about Flipe getting all upset about Jillian not training him, he's a big boy and he knew that he had eaten unhealthy thus blaming Jillian cause he knew that he was not going to pull a high number. I was so surprised and digusted with the outcome for the blue team. That's why I think that it's a gimmick.

I was so surprised and digusted with the outcome for the blue team. That's why I think that it's a gimmick.

It's not a gimmick, precisely. From what I've read from previous contestants, the actual weigh-in occurs elsewhere earlier.

The production crew already knows the results, and the contestants are brought up to the fake scale in the most dramatic order for TV.

I agree that BL and WLS don’t mix – but only because the producers make it that way. I think the general public thinks WLS is about NOT dieting and exercise, which makes me angry that BL won’t try to dispel that and work with WLS patients to show that you still have to eat right and move.

Brown teams dad...He had gastric by pass. He said a few weeks ago that it was the easy way out. IMHO I think that is why he gained his weight back. He thought easy way, he didn't have to work to keep it off. So he made WLS look like a joke.

Note to self: Read LBT sloooowly. I thought you said I LOVE you twit. :tt1:

:tt1:

Well good luck tomorrow - I won't be there (so sad) been at a funeral and my eyes are all swollen, nose running - look like hell and haven't slept in a couple of days - so not up to stand in line and have the happy pick me face.

I am so sorry about your loss. Prayers are with you.

OK, I can say this about my DH since we already discussed it during the show. Jillian had the right to be disgusted with the team for the smoking, drinking and the way they ate.......

I am probably sticking my foot in my mouth but I did think Bob should have sent the cousins back to work it out. Both sides are playing the game, not just black.

I agree that Jillian had the right to be disgusted. I was happy that Mike lost weight (brown son) But I was really hoping that they had screwed themselves over. They came close. I couldn't believe it when the sister on Bob's team gained 2 lbs.:frown:

Yes Bob should have sent the cousins back to Jillian. But then they would have cried that she was killing them. Because I have a feeling that as ticked off as she was, that she would have gave them a work out like they have never had.:thumbup:

I am not suggesting that you "coddle the imcompetent" but his name is Ron, or brown dad, but name calling is childish and unnecessary and takes away from the legitamacy of your observations of Rons' weaknesses. I agree that he is a weak link. I also think that he falls into making excuses for himself and plays the "poor me card". I cannot believe the blue team did not vote him off, as he is the main reason they lose every single challenge. But I will still not lower myself, or contribute to the genereal degredation of a group of people who have weight issues, of which, you and I belong, with mean-spirited name calling on a public forum. Call him whatever you want in your own home, or in a private conversation, but in public, it is not a positve thing. Believe me, I get that life is not all Unicorns and Rainbows and am the first person to expect personal responsibility in people. I also recognize however, when unnecessary meaness is not productive and only serves to make someone feel better about themselves by tearing someone else down and that, in the long run, is harmful to everyone.