Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lump At Bottom of Throat

Hello Everyone...

Been experiencing a lump at the bottom of my throat...general area of where the collar bone meets up...seems to go up and down....started right after we got back from vacation...probably all those appletini's

I've done some research on the net and found Laryngopharyngeal Reflux...if anyone has seen anything about this....seeing the doc on Monday for my first fill...

D

Hmmm, are you going to talk to your doc about this because I don't think you should have a fill if you are having problems. Just IMHO. Good luck and let us know how it all works out!!

now youve got me feeling aound MY throat area.

Is it sensitive or hurting?

PLEASE keep us posted.

Doesn't hurt..and it comes and goes sorta like it swells up (inside my throat) and then goes down...VERY weird...

I was telling a friend about it last night and she seems to think it's probably due to not drinking enough Water. I have chronic post nasal drip and she swears it's clogged snot, lol...she's a ray of sunshine this one...

I'll talk to my doc...sure hope it isn't reflux..weird thing is, I haven't really been able to find any information regarding the band and reflux....

My doc has me take 150 mg of Zantac twice a day so I'd think that would keep the acidity down and I don't have heartburn or any pain...just this clog....guess I could try draino!

Sorry Paula...the correct description would be more like a clog in the pipes....looking at my message I didn't describe is right..it's there when I swallow...intermittently...

Will keey ya'll posted.

I get this feeling when something hasn't passed through my pouch into my stomach. It feels like something is stuck in my throat and I can feel it going up and down (especially if I drink some water) to try and flush it through. I think mine is caused when I take too big of a bite or don't chew well enough. It doesn't cause me to slime or PB, so I feel that it must not be a lot of food stuck, just a small amount that hasn't passed through yet.

Not sure if this is the same for you, but I thought I would share.

Take Care,

Hi There...

Well, I'm glad to report that the feeling of having something stuck in my throat is gone...it went away the day after i spent the money to see an ENT doc...wouldn't you know...maybe his sticking that mirror down my throat and making me gag knocked it loose...go figure....

With that, I thinking you might have hit the nail on the head Sassaay...I suppose i could have eaten something that just wouldn't go down....

I had my first fill yesterday....wasn't too bad a bit of a stick here and there while he was situating the the needle...he didn't numb it but it wasn't bad...

I was wondering if it's normal to be a bit itchy at the site...he covered it with a bandage and told me to keep it covered for a few days....I worry about infection especially with Delarla's experience.....he swabbed the area with that orange stuff and sprayed alcohol on it before he proceeded....i suppose I worry for nothing.....sure hope I get restriction....

anyway, thanks for the support....i really appreciate it...you are all so great...

D

I have the same lump in my throat. I doesn't seem to make any difference what I eat. No slime or pain, just annoying and I can drink alot of Water and it doesn't seem to matter. Help? Is it a "mini" clog?

I experience that feeling in the base of my throat also. It seems to go away after awhile. Usually when I'm eating or have been drinking fluids. Especially cold liquids. I stop whatever I'm doing at the time and let it resolve itself with a burp or weird gurgle and then I take another bite or sip. I think in my case it's usually trapped air or my last bite of food.< /p>