Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jumping into the NeW YeaR...2009

Hi Everyone, hope things are going well for you.

Juli, I do understand that this is not an easy decision to make. The fact that you've considered having it, and will have it for health reasons is another life altering decision you've made. As any surgery the what ifs are scary, which held me four years from getting the band surgery.

I haven't lost as much weight as you have yet. So, I can't even imagine having to make that decision. But, I still commend you for making the decision. So, I'll be living this experience through you and hope should I need to go the same route I'll be ready. Thank you for sharing this experience with us.

So, hope everyone is having success in meeting their anniversary weight loss. Anything you plan on incorporating to meet that goal?

My goal is to lose 10 pounds by April when I have plastic surgery.

Nice to move into 2009 with you all.

juli, congrats on the decision to have plastic surgery! i'm sure it can't have been an easy call. as i continue to lose weight, it's an option i'm considering too. i've been seeing a trainer for nearly a year now and have been doing more and more plyometrics. um, loose belly skin and jumping up and down... well, need i say more? at first i tried masking the slapping sound with a cough or a grunt. now, i just giggle and tell my trainer that she's making me slap happy. oy.

anyways... i hope you continue to share your plastics process on this or another thread. you're one of my favorite posters on lbt!

good luck everyone. here's to a healthier 2009.

Hi everyone and Happy New Year!!! Sorry i haven't been on in so long.. My internet at home isnt working and i havent had time to get on here!! But the good news is that my internet should be up and running by mid next week!!

I missed you to juli!!! I missed all of you.

Im currently struggling with my weight loss and going up and down the same 5-8lbs.. i have no restriction whatsoever.. im going to get another adjustment under flouro on thurseday the 22nd...

Also i have started looking for plastic surgeons in my area. and so far i found one that i like a lot.. but it going t cost me 22,000..

Wow!!! but i submitted to insurance for the panniculectomy and we will see what happens!! but im most likely having the first surgery end of march and the secong one in June...

Tummy tuck/back Lipo is in march and arms/thigh lift in June...

Then in August off to poland for a wedding and to see my moms family who hasnt seen me in 8 years!!! they are going to be so shocked.. they saw pictures of me at my heaviest so are they in for a big suprise!!!

Juli looks like me and you once again have similar timings in things we do... toyr having surgery april and mine if end of march.. pretty close!!!

And if you want more info on my band surgeon for your cousin or fried let me know im more than willing to give it to you!!

I start classes on tuesday and im in for a tough semester but im definately looking forward to getting my nursing degree, so its worth the work...

Good luck in the new year everyone.. we only got 2mths till our 2 year bandiversary!!!:sneaky: Lets work extra hard!!!

Hi All, just checking in. I'm proud to say that I am now wearing a size 16 pants. They fit a bit snug, but they'll loosen up in time w/ my continued weight loss. Those white pants I want to get in must be a size 14 or 12. Not a 16 like I first thought. So my weight goal of 175lbs being 155lbs the lowest I want to weigh will get me in those pants.

How was you week.?

Hey Juli, I mentioned a few months ago about my RNY friend that was having her PS in Dec. Well, she's doing well. Yes, she's been out of commission for about a month, but she's really excited with her results. It's amazing to see how well she's done. I can imagine how exciting/scary it is for you....it was for my friend.

As for me....I've been hovering in the land of "weightloss stall." I have to set better priorities for my exercise....and bump it up. I'm pretty sure I'm at good restriction, I just need to work the tool and ME better. So...right now my attitude is really crappy. I've never been one that likes exercise, but our little group at church has a healthy lifestyle club going, so maybe I can get a bit more motivation with that. I know I won't ever like exercise, but I really liked a comment our "leader" said. She said that instead of eating when we shouldn't, to replace that urge of eating when we're bored, head hunger, etc...with doing something we enjoy. Also, she said make those things rewards for our exercising efforts.

So...I've plateaued, and any ideas for jumping off the plateau are wanted. It's good to hear that y'all are doing well and things are moving along. I can't believe that it's been almost 2 yrs. I'm so excited even though I've leveled off...I STILL have lost 60lbs and feel GREAT!

Hey you guys should all update how much you have lost.

You guys should all be so proud, everyone seems pretty close to goal.

I love hearing about the fact that journeys have been achieved and your now to the point of plastic surgery.

I would love to follow that journey too. I know that will be down the road for me.

For me, I am back on the right road. It took a very long time to get restriction in this new band. I am not sure exactly why. Although it is a 14cc so I suppose that is a big reason. I have great restriction, I have been very busy Zumba dancing and I still count calories. The scale is finally moving again. Yeah!

Great to hear from you Janine. Yes, we are all at different stages of still working with our band and finding new ways to jump start our wieght lose.

Just checking to see what new thing someone has noticed about themselves, changed or is doing new and seeing results.

Since my detox finished on Thursday, I have lost 10 lbs and I'm still losing. aI'm starting a Fat Smash Diet where for 9 days just brown rice, (no white foods) and vegetables and fruits. This should be interesting. Have upped my exercise to 4x a week now with step aerobics and kwando being a high cardio activity.

I'll keep you informed.

Gwen,

What I love about you is your willingness to try new approaches. You rock.

I need to work on my food portion of this routine. I can exercise to my heart's content but if I don't get the calories lower than what I burn I'm just going to continue to maintain.

The problem is I've continued to be an emotional eater and I'm running pretty highly emotionally lately. I need to find a way to throw the switch on that and get a control on my intake again.

Maybe I need to take a page from you, Gwen, and do something pretty strict which elliminates all kinds of things. I don't know, seems like a smart idea.

Otherwise, I'm getting stronger because I'm working hard at strength training. And I'm running again, so I'm proud of that, but the food, the food, the food....

Hope everyone is doing well.

Oh and there's no new news on the PS to report. I should however have a date next week. I let you know when I know.

J

Hi Everyone, day 3 of my Fat Smash Diet. It's not as bad as I thought. I am trying more new vegetables and a other Protein items. Coucous, tabouli, falfael, making veggie burgers for a start.

This week when making my meals for the week, I put sugar in some foods not realizing that they did not need much help, When put together will give the right flavor. Lessoned learned.

No more weight lose yet. Since losing 8lbs since the beginning of the month, I hope to lose 2 more.

Juli, my nutrionist told me to eat more Protein at meal times to help get over that craving feeling. I did what she said it did work. Not only did it help with the cravings it helped keep me full. The upside to this also, my nails became stronger and broke less and grew. But, of course I got over confident and slacked up, then went back to increasing my protein. Like everything, give it a try and see what happens.

Happy mid-week to all.

Hi all ! I went to see my surgeon yesterday and finally have good restriction again!! I feel motivated again yo continue my weight loss journey! I'm going to look in and see what kind of exercise classes Ballys has to keep me motivated! I'm thinking maybe a kickboxing clas would be fun !

Hi All, just checking in. Nothing new to report on my end. Still maintaing 195lbs. But, happy that I haven't gained any more. Only went to the gym twice this week. Scheduling problems. But, I'll be back tomorrow.

Good for you Jeni. Bally's has a 8 week program right now and look into their free 1 day pass, 2 week program and 30 day 19.99 intro. I got started with the 30 day intro and joined them through my union and got a discount which helped. So, good luck.

Hope all is doing well and revamping your program. Let's aim to lose 10 lbs by March.

hi everyone

Nothing new to report here either.

Jeni, sounds like you're on your way to goal in the next few months. It's wonderful you have good restriction again.

Glad everyone is well.

So Juli do you have a date set for plastic surgery? My first one is going to be around March 15 the day of my 2 year band anniversary. I think that is the perfect way to Celebrate !!!

I don't have a firm date yet. I'm looking at the first week of April though. I'll be done with school on March 28th. Perhaps I can think of my surgery as a graduation gift.

Actually I think of it as a step moving toward my new future. Where I'm educated and regular sized.

Happy Sunday everyone.

I would love to have plastic surgery, but my husbands stills says no. I guess I can live with the way I look so long as he can. To be honest, if I could have plastic surgery done, I think I would do my face first. I would love to open my eyes back up and remove the crow’s feet from around them. Also my “turkey gobbler” would be a thing of the past. But alas, it is not going to happen any time soon.

Well, same stuff different day. After putting up with an abscessed tooth for almost two weeks, they pulled it last Monday. She almost had to stand on my chest to get it out. Just getting back to eating right this weekend and I can’t wait for March to come around so I can get my replacement tooth and stop chewing on just one side of my mouth.

I haven’t started exercising. Well I did start walking, then stopped when my tooth started acting up as I just couldn’t get out of bed to get to work early to do my walk. I had my husband put the next set of “The Whistler” old time radio programs on my MP3 player so now I am set to start again.

Not much else to report.

Take care and have a great week,

Blessing,