Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have ALL the Dec 2007 bandsters disappeared????

Hello Merry Losers!

I am still here, just been super busy. Since summer I have been through a whirlwind, it seems like anyways. It started when I met a guy online in June, we got married in August!! He is so cool. Married life must be good since I have only lost 15 since July. We took a delayed honeymoon in December, a 14 day cruise through the Panama Canal, and I LOST 5lbs then. That was cool. Lately, I have really let go of my eating habits and need to tighten my belt up and do this right. I am planning to go in for a fill, and get a new start on my eating and excercising.

That's pretty much what has been going on in my world. I'll check in later...

hey everyone, i am a dec 2007 bandster and have lost 80 lbs....and 18 to goal....i am feeling great and love my band....no problems what so ever....i now have 5 1/2 ccs in my 10 cc band....and right now i am very tight...i think i have reached my sweet spot....hope everyone is doing fine...i am no longer on cpap machine and that is great feeling.....talk to you all later...

Hey there, all! I have been posting, but I find myself posting more to the local groups--people who actually go to my monthly support group. I'm now down 100 pounds--give or take those 2 pounds that seem to show up every so often. My surgeon mentioned a consultation with a plastic surgeon back in January and I've been so fixated on it ever since.....According to the BMI charts, I have another 40 pounds to go. Why would he mention it so prematurely? I have been running 4-5 days a week and haven't lost another ounce since starting 7 weeks ago. I KNOW I should be looking at my food diary more closely and making sure I'm eating enough Protein and Water.....but I'm just so frustrated. I'm at a good restriction--not feeling like I can't eat, but knowing I have specific limits, too. I haven't lost weight since January. (I did drop a quick 40 in 2 months when I moved in the fall....) Any suggestions other than the usual--diet, Water, sleep, etc?? I know I'm working out enough for my body. I feel great and I notice the physical difference from running.....

Hope you're all well! :thumbup: Paige

Down the road I will get my arms done (outpatient surgery)

Can you explain the process of outpatient surgery to get arms done? Are there any other "outpatient" procedures to remove excess skin? I hear that the thighs are the most difficult to heal - but I have research VERY little. I hate pain and this type of surgery terrifies me. I will need a Tummy Tuck, thighs and would like a breast lift, but I am terrified!

Hi ladies

its been a couple of months since I've posted

no new changes, just frustrated. I gained 15 pds since my unfill in ? I dont even remember, back in Nov or Dec.

I have been in a slump and dont have no motivation.

I've been eating everything and anything, no excercise.

I do have an appt. on the 29th and will get a small fill.

everyone keep up the good work.

Happy Easter all you Merry Losers,

I'm happy to say I'm down 72lbs (still) It's slow going, but still going.

I walking/jogging in the Crescent City Classic here in New Orleans tomorrow am. It's my first 10k and I'm just amazed I'm doing it. I walk/jog about 20 miles per week :lol:and I'm in better shape now than...well ever. My body wants to MOVE. It is awsome.

I'd still like to lose maybe 15 more lbs but I'm in no rush. I'm wearing size 10 now that is down from a tight 18 and some 20's !!!! so life is good.

I check in here every day...not much going on anymore. I still like seeing a new post from time to time and continue to wish all the Merry Losers good luck on the journey.

Happy Easter all you Merry Losers,

I'm happy to say I'm down 72lbs (still) It's slow going, but still going.

I walking/jogging in the Crescent City Classic here in New Orleans tomorrow am. It's my first 10k and I'm just amazed I'm doing it. I walk/jog about 20 miles per week :lol:and I'm in better shape now than...well ever. My body wants to MOVE. It is awsome.

I'd still like to lose maybe 15 more lbs but I'm in no rush. I'm wearing size 10 now that is down from a tight 18 and some 20's !!!! so life is good.

I check in here every day...not much going on anymore. I still like seeing a new post from time to time and continue to wish all the Merry Losers good luck on the journey.

I hope your 10K goes well! I, too, am doing about 20 miles a week. I'm only doing a 5K in May....but hoping to "run" the entire way. I started a 10 week training program 8 weeks ago and I have another 4 before the actual 5K....I can do at least 1.5 miles now without stopping and gasping for air, but now I'd like to finish in less than 35 minutes.

Congrats on the size! You must feel fantastic. I have to be honest, though, and admit that once this freaking 5K is over, I'll switch to walking and give up the jogging for good. I would rather walk 5-7 miles than jog 3. I HATE jogging!!

I'm still not happy buying clothes. I can't find anything that will accommodate my huge shoulders/arms/ample chest but that doesn't hang off of my ribs and stomach, making it all look maternity. I'm going away in the end of May and just went through my clothes. I have to buy a bathing suit this weekend. No more excuses. I'm desperate. Target here I come!!

Keep us posted on how your 10 K goes. May it be a wonderful experience. :drool: Paige

I'll admit I don't post as often as I should, but I'll come look around every once & awhile. I was banded 12/26/07 & was at my lowest this February at 140lb. My weight currently bounces from 143-140lb. I'd actually like to put on like 10lb so my port is less prevalent. It sticks out since I've had my Tummy Tuck 01/26/09.

I have pictures in my photo album.

Hi all,

Just checking in. I survived my first 10K race. I finished in 1 hour 37 mins. Not too shabby for an old broad:tt2:

i rested Sunday but I was at it again this am and did 5 miles. I don't know who I am!!! My new addiction, me thinks.:smile:

Great!!!! I cannot even run a block and have never been able to. I have very flat feet and someone once told me that's whay I can't run. I don't bounce.

I finally lost a pound and have reached my lowest point this morning. For 5 months I have been fluctuating within two pounds since I had a slight unfill. I think I need a fill but I am afraid since I had been too tight for 3 months and ended up with pneumonia from ingesting reflux. But for today I am celebrating my lowest weight. I feel like my metabolism has kicked back into gear too.

I know excersise is the key to losing more weight. I stayed the same for 4 months before I finally gave in and started moving. My doctor and nut have pretty much chaulked me up to "finished" in my weight loss journey...because I'm at 72% of my excess weight lost. But I'm not done yet. I know I can be better and I really want to be classified at a NORMAL weight and NORMAL bmi. That is 13lbs away. Walking/Jogging will get me there, hopefully before the end of 2009.

The best part is I can eat more and even indulge in "goodies" now and again and the scale doesn't beat me down.

I'm going to Las Vegas May 8th to see my older son graduate (finally) from UNLV. He and his wife haven't seen me since their wedding last May. I'm 23 lbs lighter and so much leaner due to running...I can't wait to see there faces when I get off the plane.

bye now!

HI, I am a new-b here to this site. I really came looking for some support. I was Banded 12-19-07 I lost a total of 80 lbs. I was doing well ,but then I was greedy and had to have another fill. After that fill I was too too tight, I dealt with all of the slime and pbing for 4 months. During those 4 months I didn't lose 1 single pound. I was finally admitted for dehydration for 2 days. At that point my Doc took ALL of my Fluid out!!! By the way, my bariatric program was also closing the same month, so I was devistated. I had to find a new Doc and my band (Hope) was empty...This ironicaly was my bandiversary 12-19-08..I was so depressed, I ate everything in eyes view, I mean everything..

I found a new Doc about 30 miles away but couldn't get a fill for 2 months. I gained 20 lbs. My new Doc has been filling me slowly and I have still been gaining. I am no longer in Onederland. I am over 200 again and feel like I have lost the battle. Today I had another fill and I think I am too tight now. It may be because it was today, but I really think that this may do the trick.

I am hoping to find some support here on this site. Any encouragement will be greatly appreciated. I am hopefuly on the right path as long I can stay away from the bad foods..I now have totally gained 34 lbs. I need help...

Edited by pearley

HI, I am a new-b here to this site. I really came looking for some support. I was Banded 12-19-07 I lost a total of 80 lbs. I was doing well ,but then I was greedy and had to have another fill. After that fill I was too too tight, I dealt with all of the slime and pbing for 4 months. During those 4 months I didn't lose 1 single pound. I was finally admitted for dehydration for 2 days. At that point my Doc took ALL of my Fluid out!!! By the way, my bariatric program was also closing the same month, so I was devistated. I had to find a new Doc and my band (Hope) was empty...This ironicaly was my bandiversary 12-19-08..I was so depressed, I ate everything in eyes view, I mean everything..

I found a new Doc about 30 miles away but couldn't get a fill for 2 months. I gained 20 lbs. My new Doc has been filling me slowly and I have still been gaining. I am no longer in Onederland. I am over 200 again and feel like I have lost the battle. Today I had another fill and I think I am too tight now. It may be because it was today, but I really think that this may do the trick.

I am hoping to find some support here on this site. Any encouragement will be greatly appreciated. I am hopefuly on the right path as long I can stay away from the bad foods..I now have totally gained 34 lbs. I need help...

Pearley,

You've come to the right place! I'm sorry to read of your struggles and while I can't pretend to understand your frustration, I can certainly empathize. I have had issues with being too tight/too loose and back and forth several times. Is it possible that you're just feeling restriction again for the first time in a very long time and need to re-adjust to your new fill level? My dr. only checks to see that Water can pass through and I'm on liquids for 2 days after a fill. Take it slowly and reflect on all of those rules you were told way back when you were banded. It's been a while. Go easy on it. The great news is that you KNOW you're capable of losing those 34 pounds. You need to do so slowly and carefully. You'll get there. Give it time. If you're like the rest of us, your battle against the weight has been life-long. A few months set back may be frustrating, but it won't kill you. You have the tools, but now you have to use them carefully and appropriately. You CAN do this. You've done it before. Good luck and stay on here for the support you need. We're here to help..... :rolleyes2: Paige