Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 Week POst OP Today!

Hi December Bandsters!

I wanted to share I saw my Dr. today for my two week post op (technically I am two weeks tomorrow but they are closing for the week for the holidays.) anyways as of today I am down 23 lbs! My doc gave me permission to slowly begin to introduce solid foods! I have been so hungry on the mushies and not feeling satisfied. My first fill is also scheduled for 1/28/09. Hopefully, some of you who had your surgery earlier in December will be able to share your first fill experience.

I am also able to start exercising so tomorrow I am going to start using my gazelle again! Whoo-hoo.

My biggest concern at this point is I am definetely hungrier and worried about eating too much.

What's going on with everyone else?

hi angie my name is china i had surgery the day b4 you. im on pureed and move to soft tom. dont know if im happy about that or not as im was having a problem with liquids and dont eat much at all on liquids at all. i try and stick with things i like or i wont eat it. tell me if you eat do you find that you dont drink as much. i have that problem. but, in any case great job on the weightloss. i lost 11bls my first wk and dont know what i have lost as of now. dont know if your interested but, we had a weightloss challenge that we started and will be starting a new one on the 2nd of january if your interested in joining. really its just a support form. hope to see you there.:frown:

Hi December Bandsters!

I wanted to share I saw my Dr. today for my two week post op (technically I am two weeks tomorrow but they are closing for the week for the holidays.) anyways as of today I am down 23 lbs! My doc gave me permission to slowly begin to introduce solid foods! I have been so hungry on the mushies and not feeling satisfied. My first fill is also scheduled for 1/28/09. Hopefully, some of you who had your surgery earlier in December will be able to share your first fill experience.

I am also able to start exercising so tomorrow I am going to start using my gazelle again! Whoo-hoo.

My biggest concern at this point is I am definetely hungrier and worried about eating too much.

What's going on with everyone else?

Hi China~

I would love to join the weight loss challenge too! What a great idea!

What happens when you drink too much do you feel sick?

I was starving on mushies/liquid. I ate a very small meal of chicken, potatoes and carrots tonight all totaling 4 oz. But is was yummy and I do not feel sick.

I really need the restriction. What size band do you have? I have the 10cc.

Keep up the great work!

How do you feel otherwise? Any port pain? I am still feeling tenderness at the port.

Angie

I was two weeks today. Over the weekend I started adding in solid foods. I have tried chicken noodle Soup, non-blended, low fat cheese, swedish meatball, crackers, small pieces of beef stick - all items I ate at a family holiday gathering. I chewed, chewed and chewed and everything went down okay.

Today I ate homemade turkey soup and it felt fine. I have noticed that my hunger has come back. Week one I could only eat 1/4 of a banana and I was stuffed. Now I can eat the whole banana.

Tomorrow I am going to work on getting in more Protein as the last couple of days I haven't had much. I had stopped drinking my Protein Drinks for Breakfast as I was really getting tired of them. Unfortunately I need to go back to them or find a good substitute. I don't like eggs so that's out of the question.

Oh...I have a confession also. I know I shouldn't have done it but last night I ate a very small piece of pizza. I was worried about the bread as I have read that some people have issues with bread. I took a tiny, tiny bite and chewed the heck out of it. I waited a bit and nothing happened, so I took another bite and then another. I didn't eat the crust - passed that onto my husband. I feel really guilty that I ate it and disappointed with myself.

Hi Auggies,

I would not feel so guilty about eating a small piece of pizza. Although I am amazed that you were able to, I tried one tiny piece of beer bread with appetizer on X-mas and almost instantly puked. I see that you are down 34 lbs that is a lot of weight when did you start losing (pre op diet?) You should be proud of you 34 lbs and remember that nothing tastes as good as thin feels at least that is what I keep telling myself. I am glad to meet you!

Angie

Hi everyone,

I am new to this site ,I was banded on 12-18-08, two weeks post op, so far I have lost 20 pounds, I go in for my two week check up on Monday.I on mushies right now, but I can eat more than 4ozs.The reason I got the band was to control my portions,but I feel like I will be able eat like I was before the surgery.Any one else feels this way?

i was banded on december 19th and I had my 2 week post op yesterday, I will have my first fill in two weeks yeah... I sure need it. I am now able to eat soft foods and I will work up to regular meals by the time I have my first fill. I too am hungry but I am resisting that temptation to eat more. So I make sure I have the right proportions ... Just taking it one day at a time. Oh and I joined snap fitness today so start working out on Monday... Im excited I think once I start working out and I keep busy then I wont think of food as much.. lol

I started at 215 lbs and Now weigh 195 my goal weight is 130 lbs.