Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January bandsters our time is coming!!!

Heres the kicker! As soon as i got into nothing but that gown, i see what looks lilke smoke coming out of the air vents!! Then comes all these cut firemen. I wasnt happy about everyone being able to see my in my gown and compression socks! Those things looked like grany hose!!! Anyway it wasnt smoke the A/C vent froze up. Too much drama for me...lool....I think the little but of pain im feeling is where my Dr. repaired my HHernia. Just wanted to check in. I'll update tomorrow....Hope my girls did ok today!!!

Nikki

OMG! You poor darling! Hope you're doing okay tonight.

Lena

Hey Nikki! I'm doing great! I checked in at 7am, was in surgery about 9 and was on my way home at 12:30! I have been sleeping a lot and creeping around the house. I am a little sore, but just feel like I did 5,000 crunches at the gym...plus the percocet helps LOL:cool2:

Are you eating at all? I haven't had an appetite all day, but I forced myself to drink some Water since my throat is so dry and I ate 2 SF popsicles, but that's it...

Hey, KC! Welcome home.

Lena

Lord, could you tell I was on pain meds when I posted last? Cut firemen?? lol Cute!! Kawasaki Im glad to know your ok. Im with you on not being able to dink alot. When I got home I got a few oz's of Peach/white grape juice. YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!! I got home around 12:30 or 1. I took a pain pill and very very slowly I got into bed. My husband put a pillow under my knees and that helped the slight pain I had where the port is. I SLEPT from 1pm till after 5pm. I needed it. The pain I felt was the port. It was swollen, looked like a tennis ball poking out lol. I didnt feel any shoulder pain, but in the center of my chest hurt. When I would breath it hurt. Im glad to say that the pain isnt as bad today. I feel like I have done alot of sit ups. The only place I seriously feel any discomfort is on my left side where the port is and its not bad. My chest still hurts a little this morning. I think its due to Dr. Hart fixing my H/Hernia. I so hate having to do the breathing treatment, but Im doing like i was told. I SO DO NOT want to get pneumonia again. I had viral in July and it lasted about 6 weeks. Anyways im doing much better today. Kawasaki I hop you are feeling a lil better as well. Thanks to everyone for being so supportive. It makes a big diff to be able to talk to others who have been thru the same surgery. THANK YOU ALL!!

xoxox

Oh oh oh, sorry for all the spelling errors in the last post. Its gatta be the pain meds.

ughhh

It's just the pain meds, honey. It's okay.

Lena

Lord, could you tell I was on pain meds when I posted last? Cut firemen?? lol Cute!! Kawasaki Im glad to know your ok. Im with you on not being able to dink alot. When I got home I got a few oz's of Peach/white grape juice. YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!! I got home around 12:30 or 1. I took a pain pill and very very slowly I got into bed. My husband put a pillow under my knees and that helped the slight pain I had where the port is. I SLEPT from 1pm till after 5pm. I needed it. The pain I felt was the port. It was swollen, looked like a tennis ball poking out lol. I didnt feel any shoulder pain, but in the center of my chest hurt. When I would breath it hurt. Im glad to say that the pain isnt as bad today. I feel like I have done alot of sit ups. The only place I seriously feel any discomfort is on my left side where the port is and its not bad. My chest still hurts a little this morning. I think its due to Dr. Hart fixing my H/Hernia. I so hate having to do the breathing treatment, but Im doing like i was told. I SO DO NOT want to get pneumonia again. I had viral in July and it lasted about 6 weeks. Anyways im doing much better today. Kawasaki I hop you are feeling a lil better as well. Thanks to everyone for being so supportive. It makes a big diff to be able to talk to others who have been thru the same surgery. THANK YOU ALL!!

xoxox

Thanks Nikki and everyone else! I am feeling much better today. I'm still sore, but that's to be expected. I still don't have an appetite, but I am drinking TONS of Water since my throat is sooo incredibly dry! I'm going to try to make myself drink a little Isopure here shortly to try to get some Protein in. I'm supposed to be on a Clear Liquids diet with the exception of my Protein Drink, but I don't see how that's going to happen when I'm not hungry at all...oh well, I'll get it figured out!

Hope everyone is well, take care!

I started my pre-op diet on Jan. 7th and got banded the 17th by Dr. Milton Owens in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. I am loving this new year. though i'm getting really bored of liquids right now. but I go for my first fill this thursday, i/m kinda nervous and excited at the same time.

I started my pre-op diet on Jan. 7th and got banded the 17th by Dr. Milton Owens in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. I am loving this new year. though i'm getting really bored of liquids right now. but I go for my first fill this thursday, i/m kinda nervous and excited at the same time.

I go for my first fill this Thursday too, Lyndi. I'm darn near shaking in my shoes, but I'm determined to see this through.

hey hey!! How is everyone? Haven't been able to post in awhile. I live in Ky and was in the middle of the huge ice storm and just got my power back on after almost a week off due to all the storm damage...anyhow was banded 1/15...went back to work yesterday and go to the doc in about an hour for my post op visit and my first official weigh in. Per my home scales I have lost close to 28 pounds since 12/19 but we shall see what the expensive scales say...on the soft diet now and besides learing to deal with the gas and the slight tenderness still in my mid abdomen everything else has been great!!!

Teresa, I am glad to hear you are back! I hope this storm is completely over for you! Better weather. Congrats on your 28 lbs loss, good work. Tell me about your visit with the Dr. and did you get a fill today?

I am at my second week of this journey, another wk of mushy then to soft. Can you give me an insight how you managed? It's getting tough. :angry:

Patti with a smile

Hey Teresah,

I saw that you guys got more snow today. Are you doing okay (home and health)?

we are very very cold here...like 17 degrees before wind chill...but we did not get snow here today. They got it near Louisville...I am in far western Ky in the federal disaster area from the ice storm. I fared alot better than some. Some here are still w/out power in this cold! thanks so much for asking!! :angry:

hey lena,

yeah i am scared, i don't know what to really expect. Has anyone else got their first fill after only 2 1/2 weeks??

The post op visit was good. Met with the dietitian and went over what I was eating and any problems I was having. So far none with specific foods but I am really trying hard to keep on the diet. I too am on soft foods till I meet again on the 26th. Met with my doc and he checked my incisions and we talked about stuff like the tenderness/pressure in my abdomen (he assured me that was totally normal due to the slowing down of the digestive tract and the decrease in fiberous foods in my current diet) and he added Miralax for my Constipation (which is totally normal as well due to the same things I mentioned above). I am adding more Benefiber to my day. I use the drink powder sticks but they only have 3 grams Fiber per packet...and will be getting the Fiber One drink mix sticks at Walmart tomorrow as they have 10 grams of fiber per packet. I too am struggling for things on the soft diet to make it more interesting. I went out to a Thai resturant at lunch and got soft egg noodles and tofu (not a tofu fan) and some type of brothy Soup. The portion was WAY too big so I had a small bowl of it for supper. Probably not the best idea, but it tasted good and it ws soft and I really really tried to monitor the portion I ate. As for the adjustment/fill, I will get one on the 26th if needed. Hang in there!!! I know it gets better...but then harder at the same time when you go to regular foods...and battle those old overeat demons...feel free to share with me anytime!!

I just read your post and am wondering why the Dr's are so different?? I got banded on the 19th of January and do not go for my fill until March 3???? Anyone knowwhy this is?