Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January bandsters our time is coming!!!

thanks voice, i will definitely get the tylenol and the sippy cup. and thanks nikki for sharing about that Protein Drink. i really don't like the one i was trying till now, but i'm forcing myself to swallow small sips of it at a time (that's the way we'll be drinking afterward anyway!)

Hope you're all doing great with the preparations! I have to pack my kids (after I do all my laundry!) and my little handbag and I can't wait for the big-day! good luck!

I should have done this years ago.... oh well, this is my year! And ours! God be with you ladies, I will be praying for your speedy recovery.

Wow, congratulations Glenda!

Lena

Fresno, CA here!;) My date is for the 21st, less than a week now! How are you doing now, feeling sore still, or all better?? Good luck:thumbup:

Hey Nikkisix and Kawasaki, I'm joining you next Tuesday!! I'm so excited! I was scheduled for the 27th but my doctor just rescheduled today for the 20th! 2 day liquids for me.

I still have a bunch of little things to take care of. this change is a bit overwhelming, but I am so excited to finally be here!

All my apts. are done! I just need to buy my chewable vitamins and those gas strips everyone's talking about. anything else that I have to get? I can't believe it's finally here!

Good luck and keep posting!!

Cool Liz!!! Im glad you and Kawasaki are going the same day as me. I to am nervous,but im excited as well. Its strange how just in the last few weeks since i started this that i have changed. I gave up coke, if my husband or daughter eat something sweet in front of me, I DONT EVEN CARE. I hope we all go through surgery just fine. Oh what are the gas strips? And I dont have to do the liquid diet, i just have to drink shakes 3 times a day. You guys should try Bolthouse Protein drinks!! They are yummy, and sorta like Starbucks. Walmart and Publix have them in the cold juice section, or by the orange juice.

Nikki

Liz! So excited another person is joining us! We all three def have to keep in touch!

Nikki - I found the Bolthouse drinks online but my Wal-mart doesn't carry them and they won't ship since they are cold:thumbdown: So, I'll have to keep checking around. Oh well

I can't believe our surgery is Tuesday! I went to my nutrition class today...soooo much to think about..vitamins, b-12, Iron, protein and then your diet...my head had too much info in it LOL

Just wanted to check in with you ladies...tomorrow I start my 4 day liquid and Protein Shake diet...eek! ;) LOL

Take care!!

Fresno, CA here!:wink: My date is for the 21st, less than a week now! How are you doing now, feeling sore still, or all better?? Good luck:thumbup:

I doubt you mean me, but I'm going answer. It's going so well, it's scary. I still can't eat most meats, and even chicken doesn't go down well. That's okay with me. I'm happy with just seafood and eggs most days. The veggies are going down like treats, even my favorite turnip fries, long as I cook them well.

I stepped on my home scale this morning, and had to have my DH read it to verify it really said 254! That's 32 pounds gone since I started! I'll fix my ticker later.

Lena

I doubt you mean me, but I'm going answer. It's going so well, it's scary. I still can't eat most meats, and even chicken doesn't go down well. That's okay with me. I'm happy with just seafood and eggs most days. The veggies are going down like treats, even my favorite turnip fries, long as I cook them well.

I stepped on my home scale this morning, and had to have my DH read it to verify it really said 254! That's 32 pounds gone since I started! I'll fix my ticker later.

Lena

Lena,37lbs how great is that:thumbup:I hope i do half as well ,you go girl.Also how do you make turnip fries? Kerry

Lena,37lbs how great is that:thumbup:I hope i do half as well ,you go girl.Also how do you make turnip fries? Kerry

Easy!!

Use a V-slicer to cut a peeled turnip into "fries." Throw them in a tablespoon of hot olive oil and cook until soft and a little golden.

Turnip fries turn a bit sweet, but with a peppery afterbite. Be prepared, and cook them well.

Lena

had my banding yesterday at 9am. slept alot yesterday. feel pretty good today. of course, the belly is a little sore. pretty gassy. otherwise it was not a bad experience at all. looking forward to cream Soup and milk tomorrow. good luck to those with upcoming surgery.

icon14.gifRe: January bandsters our time is coming!!!

had my banding yesterday at 9am. slept alot yesterday. feel pretty good today. of course, the belly is a little sore. pretty gassy. otherwise it was not a bad experience at all. looking forward to cream Soup and milk tomorrow. good luck to those with upcoming surgery.

Hello All! I get banded on Jan.29th. SLC, Ut. I am so excited and of course alittle nervous. So glad you are doing well. Where are the gas pains you refer to located. The reason I asked is I was told some gas you can pass and other comes out thru your skin. Hopefully it is all short lived. Maybe you can walk it off.

Sincerely Hollyberry

-snip-

Lena

Lena, 32 lbs is wonderful! I am so happy to hear that. I don't understand why you get to eat regular foods and I'm on this liquid diet for 4 weeks after surgery:mad2:

They say I can't eat regular foods cause it will "work" my new stomach pouch and the band could slip. I sure wish I could though. It's been a week and a half since surgery and I'm feeling good. That includes and appetite, and the liquids just go right on through...

I guess your doc. has different restrictions. Thanks for the recipe, I will use it in 3 weeks!

Well just wanted to say GREAT JOB!

Wow! Got my weight loss ticker, I'm not sure how I did it but now you know alittle bit more about me. We can help each other along. Best wishes to all!

Hollyberry

weight.png[/img]

Have my pre-op appt on Weds and have surgery on the 26th! I am not required to do a liquid diet except for the 24 hours before surgey!!! This was a nice surprise! LOL! I'm not feeling "scared" or any sort of "What am I thinking" which is good I guess, but then again I'm a bit scared that I'm just that ok with this! i am the type of person that when I make up my mind I tend to stick with it! I'm sure I'll feel "cold feet" the night before, but I'm happy with my decision!! Good Luck to everyone! I look forward to see how everyone is doing!

Thanks. It is that kind of gas that seems to be trapped between shoulder blades...I just keep the Gas X strips close by. It has gotten alot better since this morning. walking around helped. And I was reding about the different post op diets. strange isnt it? seems like the doctors would be much the same. I was on Clear Liquids with a few exceptions for 9 days prior to band. then clear liquid only for the next two days. tomorrow I can add cream Soups, milk, yogert and sf pudding for 3 days, then pureed for a week. then soft diet till 4 weeks pass. then slowly start adding regular food. I have not been hungry at all roday. just very thirsty. Still feels 100% worth it to be banded now!

sounds like a great recipe!! will need all the recipes I can get...been an unhealthy eater a long time...