Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January bandsters our time is coming!!!

I just got my date. January 27. I am so excited. I understand about the extra anesthesia. I probably with have some extra also.

Carolina Mom

YAY! I am so glad you got your date! :wink_smile: I know you were anxious to get it. I am two days out (Jan. 7th) and get more nervous/excited by the second! :thumbup:

Im excited for you all! And Carolinamom, i have my fingers crossed for you. i dot my chest x-ray and upper GI scheduled for tommorrow. My pre-op appt will be on Jan 13th. And surgery the following week, just not sure of the date. I was told the 20th or the 22nd. anyone else feel depressed thinking about what they cant have after? my big thing is coke and its going to be hard not having it. But im sure i will get over it. I hope every one keeps posting after their surgery. OH iM Nikki from the Atlanta area. My Dr. is Dr. Hart

xoxo

Nikki!

I just got my date. January 27. I am so excited. I understand about the extra anesthesia. I probably with have some extra also.

Carolina Mom

Hooray!! I'm so happy for you!

Lena

(Snipped for Brevity) Anyone else feel depressed thinking about what they cant have after? my big thing is coke and its going to be hard not having it. But im sure i will get over it. I hope every one keeps posting after their surgery. OH iM Nikki from the Atlanta area. My Dr. is Dr. Hart

xoxo

Nikki!

Hi Nikki! I'm not depressed per se, but I admit to a certain nostalgia for some foods that are permanently off the list like rice. However, I found several substitutes that work just as well for me, like Cauliflower Rice and Turnip Fries for when I get a craving for the now-forbidden potatoes. I love my v-slicer! :thumbup: I served Parsnip Fries to my pickiest grandson yesterday, and he scarfed 'em down, declaring "Grandma makes better fries than MacDonald's, Mommy!" Best kind of accolade I can get from a seven-year-old, hmm?

I was once a serious cokeaholic, so I have a lot of sympathy for you. However, as a new bandster who already screwed up once, I'm warning you to get off the carbonated drinks ASAP. You don't want pain like that. Trust me. :wink_smile:

I'll be glad when I can have solids again, but I'm willing to take it slow and easy. A little patience now is worth the rest of my life. Grin and bear it. It's worth it.

Lena

almarie120,

I know what your saying about being scared and excited at the same time . But what a good feeling it is , it's like being on a roller coaster only your the one who controls the ride .Good luck hope to hear how your doing .

How true we do control the speed and outcome. I started that 2wks diet before the surgery. I am not hungry and the stuff I brought is really good. I just had a shake with crystal light orange and it was great. Thank-you for writing. I wish you the best of luck. Please keep in touch if you would like.

My date is for the 21st, getting very excited, having been working on this procedure last 2 months. BMI of 42 hit 227 lbs, now its time to loose. Good luck to all of us starting the journey

CarolinaMom, let us know OK?

My surgery is tomorrow and I'm just busting with excitement. They'll have to give me extra anesthesia to keep me from jumping up and down! I have lost 60+ lbs 3 times and always gain it back. This time will be different!! I know I can lose the weight, now I will be able to keep it off and even continue to lose beyond the 60 and maybe even drop 115!!! wow, I'm so excited right now I better go running or something.

Good luck. You're gonna do fine. We're building a great community of support so we're here for you.

When you feel better let us know how you're doing. We care.

Hi Nikki! I'm not depressed per se, but I admit to a certain nostalgia for some foods that are permanently off the list like rice. However, I found several substitutes that work just as well for me, like Cauliflower Rice and Turnip Fries for when I get a craving for the now-forbidden potatoes. I love my v-slicer! :thumbup: I served Parsnip Fries to my pickiest grandson yesterday, and he scarfed 'em down, declaring "Grandma makes better fries than MacDonald's, Mommy!" Best kind of accolade I can get from a seven-year-old, hmm?

I was once a serious cokeaholic, so I have a lot of sympathy for you. However, as a new bandster who already screwed up once, I'm warning you to get off the carbonated drinks ASAP. You don't want pain like that. Trust me. :wink_smile:

I'll be glad when I can have solids again, but I'm willing to take it slow and easy. A little patience now is worth the rest of my life. Grin and bear it. It's worth it.

Lena

Thanks for the warning about cheating and for looking out for all of us New Year Hotties. Please keep us updated about how you feel and what's happening.

Carolina mom - so so excited for you! Congrats!!

Nikki- I understand what you mean I am a Dr. Pepper drinker and have been wondering how I'll do it. But just remember it's all mental. Today I went to McDonalds for lunch and I didn't even eat half of my food. Once you really look at stuff like that just remember that it's all CRAP. I was actually kind of disgusted just sitting there looking at what I put in my body.

But don't worry we are going to do great and we are going to look fab this time next year!! Woo hoo!!:tongue2:

ok no coke!! im 2 days off. I did find a awesome drink we can have. its a Protein drink from Bolthouse and its Chai Tea. Its yummy and taste like the chai tea from starbucks. i go for my 2 test tomorrow, ughhh upper GI sounds not fun. im getting more excited everyday. Good luck to everyone and keep us posted.

thanks for the support

nikki

ok no coke!! im 2 days off. I did find a awesome drink we can have. its a Protein drink from Bolthouse and its Chai Tea. Its yummy and taste like the chai tea from starbucks. i go for my 2 test tomorrow, ughhh upper GI sounds not fun. im getting more excited everyday. Good luck to everyone and keep us posted.

thanks for the support

nikki

Smart girl. I like Chai myself.

Lena

thanks for the support

nikki

The upper GI is no problem,there is no pain and that means its OK too me.I also like chai T BUT i was a diet pepsi addict and to my surprise it was not as bad as i felt like it would be,but i hate to give it up:cursing: Kerry

My surgery is scheduled for 1/19 in Buffalo, NY. I started the pre-op liver reduction diet on 1/5. It has been okay so far - but I have been getting headaches towards the end of the day. I'm hoping they will stop after a couple of days without real food.< /p>

IF you're allowed Jell-o, this helps.

Basic Bavarian

1 3-oz pkg SF Jello Gelatin, any flavor

1/4 cup Splenda

1 cup boiling Water

3/4 cup cold Water

1-1/2 cups Cool Whip Free

Dissolve the Jello and Splenda in the boiling water and stir for two minutes, no less. Add cold water. Chill until slightly thickened about one hour and 15 minutes. Stir in the Cool Whip until blended. Pour into a mold if desired, but a bowl works just as well. Chill at least 3 hours. Makes 6-8 1/2 cup servings.

Calories and carbs depend on flavors of Gelatin, but is affordable on most low-carb diets, even Phase One. If you're within the first week of post-op, eat 1/4 cup slowly to see if you can "take it" yet.

Will be having my banding 1/15...Cannot wait. Go for my psych eval today (due to the holidays I decided to do this part last). Done with pre anesthesia-pre op tests...on the pre-op diet and have already lost 5 pounds in the last 2 days!! And really not feeling bad at all...and I am suprised!