Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was wondering how long you guys who have been banded were on your pain meds. I thought I'd be able to switch to liquid tylenol by now but find myself still using the oxycodone. It's day 6 and I'm still experiencing what I would call a considerable amount of pain - especially around the port site. I'm up and around, showering, even went to a play yesterday afternoon. I should mention that while my surgeon was in - he found a hiatel hernia and fixed that as well. Perhaps that is contributing?

How long does the pain last?

Hi there,

I was banded on Thursday and I am also still in pain. Like you, I also had a hernia repaired and wondered if that might be the reason. I can´t imagine having to go back to work next week. Luckily I am out until 5Jan.

What really hurts, is this darn gas pain! I want to rip my shoulder off it hurts that bad.

What are eating/drinking at this point? I am doing Water, Jello, miso Soup (strained), popsicles and broth. Tomorrow I can do Protein shakes again and I am thrilled. I am so tired of all the other stuff!

I see the surgeon tomorrow for a follow-up and I hope he will give me the okay to do mushies or at least full liquids like Soups.

E-

I still have 1/2 my pain meds left because I didn't need them after a few days - I also bought liquid tylenol but am able to take the pills still. I had the hernia repair also but only took my meds at bedtime.

My surgery was the 18th, I'm still taking my liquid Lortab at bedtime onlyfor tonite and last night. I was taking it as often as it said the 2 days after surgery, I also was given flexeril for muscle pain. I had no hernia,but she did find a tear in my esophagus that she fixed.

My belly is pretty sore still and ITCHY!!Good sign I know.

I was banded on Wednesday and I'm feeling pretty good. My belly is still tender, but only the incision where the port was inserted. The other incisions are fine. I've had little or no gas pain but i've also been on my feet walking around my house a lot and I've heard that walking helps. Today was my first day out of the house. I went to church and then went to Kroger. I was pretty pooped by the time I got home. The only pain med I have taken is Aleve twice a day. As far as I know, my doctor didn't do any other repair work so maybe that is why you guys are still in pain. Hope you're all feeling better soon.

Are you hungry? I wasn't hungry until yesterday. My doctor is allowing me to have creamy Soups, yogurt, veggie juices, and diet ice cream plus the Protein shakes. I haven't felt really full but then I'm not sure I know what that feeling is like. That scares me a little because I'm afraid I'll overeat and then throw up and I sure don't want to cause any slippage.

Let me know how you all are doing please.

Hi all!

I was banded on Mon the 22nd, and had 2 additional procedures done ( hiatial hernia repaired and gallbladder removed) They started me on a Protein Shake at the hospital. I am doing the liquid diet ( same as my Pre-opdiet), with Protein Shakes, broth, SF Jello, popsicles, etc.

Still rather tender, and still on the pain meds. I have been doing a good bit of walking, and a friend took me out to get my hair & nails done. That wore me out!

I really haven't been feeling hungry, and it's been hard getting the Protein in. Luckily, I haven't had the gas pain a lot of folks have been experiencing.

Good Luck to everyone!

Happy Holidays to all!

Di :thumbup:

Hi everyone,

How is everyone doing?

I am happy because I´ve advanced to full liquids! Yippee! So far I´ve had Tomato Soup and cream of wheat.

I saw my surgeon on Monday- he said I´m doing great. I get my first fill on 2 Feb.

Is anyone else really nauseated? I feel so crappy a lot of the time- I am still taking Lortab, so I wonder if that contributes, but it seems like most are off the pain meds.

I wonder if liquid Tylenol would do the trick. I hate feeling nauseated!

Do you guys have a calorie target you are supposed to meet everyday? I know I am supposed to get in 70 grams of Protein per day, but I was never sure about the calories.

Happy Holidays!

E

I'm five days post op (banded Dec. 19). I'm allergic to codeine (loratab) and came home with instructions to take advil liquid gels for pain. I took two the first night home, but nothing since. I'm still a little tender, but that's it.

Mudbug

i had the surgery on dec. 22nd only took pain meds twice on the 24th early morning and right before our family christmas party. right after surgery and the following day i did feel those awful gas pains my doc says the air they blow in stomach gets stuck under the clavical bone ( in my case it did, it was horrible) and its trapped there till it works its way out after that subsided i was just a little sore. kinda felt alot better just moving around

wondering what all of you are eating? my doc said liquids were hard to stay on and try eating soft things chewed really really well as soon as i thought i could.