Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Freaked Out This Am - Pants Tight

My clothes have been getting really baggy but I refuse to buy more until the dang things are falling off of me. I have so much weight to lose that if I bought every time I dropped one size I will go bankrupt. Life has been extremely hectic lately (I work full-time and have a side business and Christmas is one of our busiest times) so household chores are a little behind. Anyway, I pulled out a pair of jeans and put them on this am and was so upset because they fit exactly perfect. What the heck happened overnight. Friends and family have been making fun of my "clown pants" and now they are fitting just fine overnight? Big surprise! They were jeans that were in my drawer that I have not been able to wear in 4 years due to gaining so much weight. Words can not describe how fast I went from totally panicing and freaking out to total joy. Just wanted to share with my bandster family.

That is awesome . . . but just wait until your skinny jeans become your clown pants, lol. That is the best feeling of all.

That is awesome . . . but just wait until your skinny jeans become your clown pants, lol. That is the best feeling of all.

I can't wait until that happens! I have clothes in my closet of various sizes and right now I'm kinda "in-between" anything that fits well. Because I was so in denial over gaining weight, I wouldn't buy bigger clothes until the clothes got so tight, it was life threatening. So now, I've donated several items that got too big but find the remaining clothes are still a bit too tight.

The ones I am wearing today are far from being skinny jeans but they are skinnier jeans so I am very happy! When you have been fat all your life, and have seen the scales just steadily go in one direction and that is up, it is kind of weird to see them going down. I am somewhat of a newbie and still have that awful thought in the back of my mind that even though I am doing what I am supposed to be doing that somehow this will not work for me. That gloom I carried with me for so long of feeling like I must have been born to be fat is hard to shake. But something like what happened today just gives me the strength to continue on and keep looking towards the grand prize. Slow but steady. I am happy.

The ones I am wearing today are far from being skinny jeans but they are skinnier jeans so I am very happy! When you have been fat all your life, and have seen the scales just steadily go in one direction and that is up, it is kind of weird to see them going down. I am somewhat of a newbie and still have that awful thought in the back of my mind that even though I am doing what I am supposed to be doing that somehow this will not work for me. That gloom I carried with me for so long of feeling like I must have been born to be fat is hard to shake. But something like what happened today just gives me the strength to continue on and keep looking towards the grand prize. Slow but steady. I am happy.

Jetsy62, you go girl! You will make it. I know about the nagging feeling this isn't going to work (all the yo yo dieting really did a number on me). I still have moments like that, but it's those NSVs and the scale moving in the right direction (regardless of how little the movement) that renews my hope. I AM GOING TO MAKE IT! YOU ARE TOO!:biggrin:

This thread kind of reminds me of the beginning of banding.

My skinny jeans were a size 16 and I loved them and felt great in them when they fit. I wore size 18-20 jeans when I got banded. I was ecstatic when I was able to zip and button those 16's.

Fast forward to now, 11 months later. I am wearing a size 8 at four months pregnant and already showing. My skinny jeans are double the size of what I am in now.

Really, I was sooo happy to get into my skinny jeans before . . . but I never truly could have even imagined that they would be double the size of what I would be wearing at years end.

I love my band!!!!

This thread kind of reminds me of the beginning of banding.

My skinny jeans were a size 16 and I loved them and felt great in them when they fit. I wore size 18-20 jeans when I got banded. I was ecstatic when I was able to zip and button those 16's.

Fast forward to now, 11 months later. I am wearing a size 8 at four months pregnant and already showing. My skinny jeans are double the size of what I am in now.

Really, I was sooo happy to get into my skinny jeans before . . . but I never truly could have even imagined that they would be double the size of what I would be wearing at years end.

I love my band!!!!

Minus the pregnant part, AMEN TO THAT SISTER! I NEVER imagined a size 8 in my future. This totally exceeded my wildest expectations... Now I'm working on a 6... And the amazing thing is, I totally expect to get there!