Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery done!

I had my surgery yesterday (12/12) I feel like I was hit by a truck! So far they are the symptoms that you would expect. I am hungy though. I just had some broth....that will suffice for now:)

I forgot to bring a pillow and blanket for the ride home. It sure could have made the ride home better.

My Doctor made the main incision in my belly button, so I doubt there will be a scar that will show. If I dare ever to show off my belly:)

My dear friend set up a "theater" in my bedroom. So I plan to take advantage of the quiet time for now.

Good Luck to all.

I'll keep you posted!:)

Thanks for sharing Jitterbug and congrats on getting banded! Good luck on a quick recovery! One key I have found is to make sure to drink plenty of Water and get out and walk as much as you can. The more walking you can do the faster your recovery will be not to mention it will help with the weight loss.

Congratulatiosn on your surgery. I too felt like I was hit by a truck after my surgery. I've had 2 C-Sections and by far this was worse. I took full advantage of the pain meds. So I can understand you not feeling great. like Pete said drink lots of Water it will help get the plumbing moving which will help you feel better.

I was also hungry a few days out, I think is when I really started feeling hte hunger pains, my stomach physically hurt and not just from the surgery. But it does get better, I am approaching my 3 rd week and I have survived so far. I have just tried to look at it one week at a time, seems more managable to me.

Feel well and get as much rest as you can, it helps.

I'm sorry to scare you, I don't mean to. I just really felt unpreparred for the pain assoicted with it. But mind you A LOT of it from the gas which you don't have from the C-Section. The gas you have from the section they give you gas tablets, at least I did and I was up wanting ot see my babies. But from this all I wanted to do was rest.

I hardly took any pain med from the C-Sections but I've used them this time. Maybe it's a whole different situation? At least I hope so for you.

Sorry again, I would never want to scare you, I just really felt beat up after this and maybe if you knew ahead of time you will be prepared at least. They will give you pain meds in the hospital. I got them and they would have given me Morphine, but I declined it as it makes you neasus and I was already feeling like that. I was worried about vomiting so I took something else.

Good Luck!

Don't worry....Just take all the pain meds you can! I have nothing to campare this to. I had never had a surgery before. It was all new and scary for me.

It does feel better to walk around the house, it seems to relieve the gas.

I am just going to take a sleep aid and crawl back in bed.

Best of luck to you. Let us know how Monday goes:)

im worried but, we will see how monday goes:thumbup:

Wow now I am getting worried. I am having surgery on Monday. And you say the pain is worse than a c-section I also had two c-sections.

Some people seem to breeze right through the recovery process. Not me, I was banded Nov 19 and finally I think I am feeling 85% normal. I am still sore at my port sight and still don't feel comfortable lifting things! I do not want to mess anything up! I was not really hungry though, but I had been on a 3 week pre-op liquid diet so I think that helped shrink my stomach! Just take your medicine and walk as much as possible and take it easy! Let people help you if you can!!

I stayed overnight in the Hospital I had a Post Op Upper GI to check the band placement. I have 2 little babies so I was lifting things this last week. The first 6 days after I didn't, but when you have little one's to take care of they don't wait.

I feel a lot better now and I am 10days out, still very soar at the port site, but that is to be expected. I'm just over the soft foods now. It's a hard transistion to adjust to.

How do you add that tickler at the bottom I am so bad with computers. Does my picture show up? I want to know if I did it right.

You have to go to USER CP in the upper left corner under the photos. And then go to you signature to add your icker. You have to go to the ticker site and get the URL for it.

Wow now I am getting worried. I am having surgery on Monday. And you say the pain is worse than a c-section I also had two c-sections.
im worried but, we will see how monday goes:thumbup:

Don't be worried about the pain ladies. It's different for every person I have seen. When I went to Mexico on the 5th for my surgery there was 3 other gals there whom all had surgery the same day as I. We all got to know each other and are communicating via email now as to how we are all doing etc etc. Anyway one gal was pretty wore out and was taking the pain meds. Another lady was taking the pain meds but up and moving around with little problems. The third gal and myself both were not taking any pain meds and up and moving around no problems. All of us by the second day had improved. The one gal who was hit the hardest out of the 4 of us was on her pain meds for almost a week but is getting out and doing ok now. Of course the other 3 of us around doing really good too. Myself of course haven't taken any pain meds at all and have been back at work living my life as I should be. Well of course drinking liquids instead of eating foods. LOL

So no worries. Just make sure you drink lots of Water, get some gas-x to help with any gas pains you might have, and get up and walk every two hours.

How do you add that tickler at the bottom I am so bad with computers. Does my picture show up? I want to know if I did it right.

I posted this on another thread last night....

Go to Graphical Tickers and Trackers: Weight Loss, Trying To Conceive, Pregnancy... and follow the steps to make your own ticker. Then copy the BB code and on this site go to the "User CP" link in the upper left and edit your signature. From then paste the BB code and bahda bing bahda boom your signature has a ticker! :)