Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Yes the Point West Kaiser meeting is this Sat from 11-1 - I am going to be there so come Nicole - we go to Mimis for lunch afterwards

Hi there!

Pam it's just as quiet over at the sleeve site too! I thought my subscription had dropped again!!

I am just chugging along doing 2 shakes a day and then dinner. I am usually starving by this time of day, but I'm doing it. I am not seeing any love on the scale though. I go back to Dr. Le in Oct and see what he says then. He did say he would do the surgery if I still wanted it when I go back. I go to my psych appt on Friday and I get set up on CPAP Thursday.

Have a great week!

I am here!! Just really, really busy right now............I am going to try and to be there this weekend.

My daughter was just diagnosised with Depression and will be starting meds this week...............It has been a long crazy year. I am glad we have some answers and hope this helps. Between work and my girl things have been crazy. Haven't cleaned my house for two weeks.................gotta get on that this weekend.

I agree we need to keep in touch it does help!!

Sherri, how are you feeling? I think the last post I remember is that you were having trouble following surgery. I hope your better.

Today was supposed to be my follow-up call from Robin today, it will be 4 months post op this Thursday but she must have got busy because didn't get the call.

I walked the golden gate bridge on Saturday, that was nice fun walk, had never done that before. Haven't walked since as today is to freakn hot!!!

Today is so hot I can't eat~~ I hate eating when it is hot it wipes out my apetite!!

I need to call Kaiser and get another appointment. I am guessing they are booked until October now. I haven't been in since my last unfill in May 2010. Keep forgeting to call and than it is after five when I remember. Tomorrow I will remember...................

I'm here too. I've been really busy with exercising 14 or more hours a week. Work, exercise, eat, sleep. Repeat. I'm feeling great and getting stronger. Weight loss still slow but that's ok because I'm building muscle under the fat. My son went back to NY so I have a little more time now. It was a great summer and all geared towards staying very on track with my WLS program. I'm still at 700-800 calories a day and doing ok with it.

I've achieved two goals this summer. 1st was to walk the lake twice in a day and I did that about 60 times this summer. The second was to do the 8.2 mile hike out to Arch Rock at Pt. Reyes and I did that with ease.

I wish some of you would come to the Kaiser Richmond support groups!

Stacey - it sounds like you are not getting enough each day to lose weight - if you drop too low your body will hold on to the weight.

There is a lady in my weight management class who wasn't losing weight because even though she was eating about 1000 calories a day, she was running too much so her body was holding on to the calories she was eating.

Glad to hear Michaela is getting the help she needs. My two Wellbutrin pills a day definitely keep me on an even keel.

Are you still out there Candra? Donna? Are you guys coming on Saturday?

I would go to the Richmond support group but it is way too far from Sacramento especially on a weeknight.

Richmond Kaiser is to far for me as well.............I work full time and it just does'nt fit into my schedule.

THanks Pam. I agree I take celexa everyday and it helps. MIchaela and I have jumped through alot of hoops to get to this point so I hope it works. Also going the cognitive therapy goup route with Michaela and me for six weeks starting in September. I am excited about that as well!! :-) I still wanna do the stress reduction group........but that will come after we take Michaela's class first. Took us six months to get to where they are considering the meds so we both are feeling positive about the how things are going right now. She is in therapy to now with a really great lady at Kaiser. Really was impressed with her.

Pam how is you transistion going??

Edited by swrktp

Hi everyone!

Stacey you sound like me so strict on yourself.. Try a snack more it help rejump start your weight loss.

Pam I am planning on going Saturday:D

So hows everyone doing?

Tina - so far it is going good - I started being strict yesterday and logged my food and calories in Livestrong and am on track today too - eating my hummus and carrots for my snack right now. I had to work to get all my calories in yesterday. I ate a soft pretzel for dinner last night after my class and I ate it too fast and my band said no you don't and the last bite came back up - gave the rest to my son. So at least I know my band is still there and has some Fluid in it. I'm really enjoying eating fresh fruit and raw vegetable and not pbing. I didn't realize how long it had been since I had eaten baby carrots or a nectarine - almost 2 years.

The sleeve and I finally have a date: October 20. I was disappointed the date is so far out so let's hope they can get me in sooner!

Edited by khready2go

Did you go through all the appts already? It is that far out???? I want the sleeve. NOW! HAHA

I think I get nervous and screw myself up so have not lost the last ten pounds :(

Did you go through all the appts already? It is that far out???? I want the sleeve. NOW! HAHA

I think I get nervous and screw myself up so have not lost the last ten pounds :(

I went to Orientation last January and took forever to lose the weight. It sounds like you are doing fine but I was disappointed to hear how far out they are scheduling teh surgery.

Karen

I went to orientation one year ago...but had a lot going on so had to once again put myself to the side. So I am trying again. I need to get motivated enough to do it. I would love to keep up with you to see how the sleeve goes...I am a little worried but need it!

Hey Ali thanks for thinking of me.. :o I am doing better, I still have bad days but not as many. I have more energy, but still get tired easily.

My biggest problem is just getting enough food in, I still only get about 1/4 cup of dense protien in. If I eat Soup or something less dense I can maybe get in 1/3 cup.

does that sound about right for 9 weeks out?

Hope to meet you on Saturday

Sherri