Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

hello, I am scheduled next week for Lap Band surgery next week and was wondering how bad was the port and the surgery itself.

Beverly

HI MO!!! How was the chicken? ?

Hey Reggie perfectly put. I would have preferred a PM but I would rather you tell me than for it to fester and things to be said behind my back or for you to get angry and disappear. Bravo to you for saying what you feel. Maybe we could have done it by PM though.

What Reggie said is right I am frustrated and having a hard time. I am just needing support and ideas. I am not trying to put down on something someone else hold in high esteem. Or to make someone else struggle harder. But I have the right to ask for support.

I was thinking alot today because honestly this whole thing sorta through me. I think the bottom line is maybe because I am asking and needing support right now other people feel like their issues and thier need for support are being ignored or overlooked. I think maybe that is behind some of this. I think maybe I need to make sure I offer support at the same time I aske for support.

But in the end I can't worry to much about drama I will do my best to be sensitive while at the still time asking for support. To be a giver as well as a taker.

Reggie did I do good?? Love you too!!

Moving to Stage III Purees tomorrow. I will start with some chunky meat Soups that others have suggested then move to puréeing some meat with gravy/broth.

Monique - I gave them to the Salvation Army. One more closet to go through that I will donate as well. Yes it’s not fun giving up our nice clothes but its great getting down into smaller sizes.

Tina-where is this consignment store. I'm willing to travel. I also have some very nice purses that I am willing to part with, in exchange for some clothes.

Reggie-Where have you been? How have you been? Are you coming on the 20th? I need to see you!!!

Lee - How are you? Did you hear from Robin? I had a great conversation with her. Looking forward to purees tomorrow. Let me know if you have any good recipes?

Hello Ladies! Lots of naps today...Can't wait to get back to work.

Reggie-I didn't see your previous post. I have not made the chicken yet. Maybe friday night dinner. I have to make a costco run tomorrow.

Hi Beverly,

Congratulations on soon to be banded. I meet the surgeon on Monday so hopefully I will have my date. There are lots of great people on here at all different stages so stick around and ask them your questions...they are very supportive and knowledgable on this band thing.

Who is your surgeon and how much weight did you have to lose prior to surgery?

Wishing you the best on your surgery, keep us posted.

Alison

hey ya'll, i know we are moving on but I have to add my nickels worth...

One persons drama is another persons reality. :(

N E way here is my food for today

B-coffee, light laughing cow cheese wedge

L-ceasar salad w/chicken

s-handfull of cashews

D-??? suggestions

no exercise... too lazy this morning.

Jes I understand one persons drama is another persons reality that is why I took the time to respond and not just ignore the whole thing.

But the thing is I can't be responsible for what someone else is thinking or feelings. That is what I consider drama thinking I can control how someone else feels or what they do by my actions. We all have choices and I can't fix someone elses reality. I can just listen try to see if from their side, try to learn something from it than move on. To me drama is worrying about it for a long time. That is why I decide to explain and than drop it. I really tried to be kind in my reponse..............seems like maybe that is not how it was taken.

To but honest I was pretty thrown by it. I didn't know people felt that way about me.

Riley I agree I think I might do better with a team that was just me and Dr. BAggs!! LOL. I kinda already set it up that way. Funny you mention personality conflict cause that is exactly what I told Dr. Baggs and explained to him why I wanted to just have fill appointments and not the extra appointment anymore.

ANALYNN:

I just read back and saw your post!! YES, YES, YES!! YOu made it!! I think two pounds under and you would be safe to get your CS appointment. I did taebo for awhile and it is great. WOW so are you still going RNY or Lap band or I guess Sleeve is an options now you lucky girl. So glad you made it and yep I agree stress does play a role at least in my weight loss. I hope you stay safe and don't take any chances with the ex.

Mo: I will find the name of the store is might be in Auburn california. CHeck the bariatric websights of doctors in your area. I found this store as part of a support group offered once a week in Auburn.

Oh by the way ladies I have run into several support groups in the area. Seems most of the bariatric groups have week support group meetings. I just need to find out if you have to be a patient to go. Wed and Thursday nights. Saturday mornings. I will get a list and post but I need to call first and see if they are open groups or closed. I am thinking I will try some of them.

YAY ANnalynn!!!! I think you should totally call and try to get an appointment with Liz... for sure!! You got this girl!

John, I loved chunky Soups. Stay away from the chilli LMAO!! Im seriously addicted to cheese its nutz!! I had had some ice cream this week its my monthly gift time so thats my fix. UGH.

So my incisions are starting to itch but they look great. All the glue came off finally. YAY..

Well Im off to bed, Im tired tonight... weeks almost over and then I get my new addition to my family. lol.

Night all!

Mo I have around and doing fairly well. Thanks for asking. How is everyone doing? Mo I just tried to call you, you must be sleeping. What's going on on the 20th? Girl too much to read through previous pages lol.

Where is my Candra, Riley and Donna ??

Jes- you are too funny!!

John it's good to see you doing so well.

Lee and Pat I hope you are all well.

Tamra and Tina I know you guys are well.( I am making light of this because it is not that serious)

My mother's best friend 52 years just passed away this weekend and I am mourning her loss. She was my second mom and those two were glued to each other's hip. I say this to tell you all that tomorrow is not promised to us and we MUST cherish what we have(good) and dismiss the bad at all times.

Okay let me get off my Wayne Dyer trip and come back to reality.

I see Dr. P on the 10 so I have to drop weight quickly. I have taken the proactive route, I bought more Protein Shakes and cold cuts. If I get down to at least 268 she will give a fill, a little birdie told me at Richmond so needless to say i am trying.

B- Grande skinny dolce latte and sausage and egg sandwich half the bread.< /p>

L - Red chicken curry thai and 1/4 cup rice

D- Corn-beef(stewed) and 1/4 cup rice

s- corn chips (bad idea)

Analysis- too many carbs. I will reduce the intake tomorrow

I would like to pose a question to the entire group. When we make bad choices do we really know why we do and often why can't we stop ourselves?

I ask this because I feel we all have our individual "big elephants" that we either refuse or are simply afraid to address. I have found a few things about my self these few months since surgery and especially of recent weeks. I really have to face. It is far beyond the band and weight. I think addressing emotional and psychological issues is a big part of our success that our program missed. Some of us are being treated but not fully. Any thought??

So my incisions are starting to itch but they look great. All the glue came off finally. YAY..

Coco itching is good that means you are healing. I hope all is well with you. Lets hang out soon!

Tina- I'm so enjoying all your old work clothes! I feel like I should pay it forward. Maybe I'll buy cute clothes in whatever size you're in and get them back when they get too big for you! I know I need more support. Our once a month meeting just isn't enough and the Monday night EG meeting is more like work than support. Post that list girl!

Congrats Annalynn! You have done an amazing job getting to goal while dealing with a horrible situation. I'm really proud of you.

John & Lee- Way to go on those double-digit lbs!

Coco- New edition?

Candra- Where are you honey?! I'm worried about you. Miss you girl!

My trainer is sick so no training for me tonight. I should have been a good little girl and still gone to the gym but I didn't. What a rebel.. not in a good way. We're cleaning and packing the extra junk in the house. It's a little overwhelming but it's got to be done.

Oh, and my two cents- I love having everyone together. I'm still stuck on the pre-op side but I still feel like I can support my post-op sisters. We all have something to contribute.