Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Hello Jeff.

Hey SWISHBC I bet we will have our surgery around the same time. Let me know what date you get. As of 9/9/09 they were not scheduling April yet. She said to wait a couple of weeks. She only had 3/31 left.

We might end up at the same orientation and surgery classes.

Hey Jeff how fast were you up and around? How was the recovery period and all the details.

Only 3/31 left? That really sucks. I'm hoping for a miracle then that I'll get something for March. With only 1 day supposedly available in March I don't know how they could possible wait 2 more weeks before opening it up to schedule surgeries...are you sure about this?

If that was 2/9 and they weren't opening April until 2/23 then what happened to all the people that had CM appts between 2/9 and 2/23? When were their surgeries scheduled for?

The only day available when you had your CM appt was 3/31 and that's it?

Also, what surgeon do you have? I have Fisher, I think you said you have Baggs? I wonder if every surgeon's availablity is different...I would assume so.

Tina, were there earlier dates available in March that just weren't available to you since you'll be gone?

I'm just trying to get an idea in my head of when I might be offered a surgery date. :eek:

Seems like they generally offer a date a month out so you can get your pre op stuff done. Liz didn't give me specific dates besides 3/31 because Dr. Baggs wrote in my file I was going out of town and what dates. March 11-25.

So she just avoided those dates I guess. I wanted to get the pre op done before I left but she said no it has to be 30 days before and she doesn't want to start something before I get back.

We tried to squeeze it before I left with enough recovery time but that was just too tight as well. If I had gotten my CM appointment a couple of weeks earlier maybe I would have it done by now.

I really hope the OR schedule for April opens up soon!! I want the first couple of weeks. I am hoping for APril 1-6......

SWISHBC my timing and vacation is bad so I think I am part of the delay. I almost cancelled my vacation but both Liz and Dr. Baggs said to go and get this done after. They said this can be done anytime vacation can't be!!

Also I think they do surgery on Tuesdays and MOndays......just seems like what everyone gets.

SWISH good luck on MOnday and let us know your date.

Ah, okay. This makes more sense now. Maybe I still have a chance to have a March surgery date. I'll definitely let you know asap! Thanks for the info. See ya tomorrow!

Thanks I will feel better when I have a date. Right now it still seems like an abstract.

It was fun meeting everyone today!! We will have to do it again.........maybe next time we will all be banded!!

I had fun too, next time I will have a sitter for Soph though. She was so restless!

Tina, did you hear back from Liz about when your pre-op classes will be? That would be fun if we had them on the same day!

Hello All

I did hear back from Liz today. I will have my pre op classes on APril 2, 2009. Five appointments in all on the same day!! I have to be there from 7:30am -5pm but at least it will be over.

8-10 pre op

10-12 Nutrition class

1:30 Dr. Baggs

2pm-See Robin one on one for Vegetarian nutrition

3:30 See Tom for final approval

Glad it is all on the same day but seem far away right now. But I am actually leaving for Africa in two weeks and when I get back it is only a week to pre op and two weeks to surgery.

I am working on my FMLA at work today and getting the medical leave approved.

It was nice to meet all of you at lunch. I am excited that you will all be getting banded in the near future. I didn't personally meet anyone who is/is going to be banded before Thursday - it helps to know other people who will know what it means to be post banded in the Sacramento area

Hey everyone! I'm new to the process and seem to be pretty young compared to the people I've met so far, so I guess I'm just feeling a little isolated as far as this is going so far. Just looking for a little support whether thru the board or if anyone is in the Sacramento area as well..

My orientation was 2/2/09

Psych appointment 2/2/09

Nutrition Class 2/18/09

Surgeon Appointment 2/25/09

Wish me luck !

Also -- general information --I'm 19 5'4.. starting weight 227 (with sleep apnea and borderline high blood pressure, my bmi could be lower).. i'm down to 220 right now