Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

DOOOOO IT! I did a weight check last week and wore a sundress (with a cardigan over it that I took off for the scale!) and socks (cuz I had sandals on). So all I had on was a sleeveless sundress, panties, bra and socks! :)

They won't think you're crazy, Liz told us at orientation that everyone does it at the end.

I bet your date will be mid-March!

LOL Christine, You have this down packed.Thanks!

Edited by reggie71

Thanks Tina! I got Dr.Park, I like her she was very informative.

LOL Christine, You have this down packed.Thanks!

Yeah, I'm not messin' around with these last few pre-surgery weigh ins!

I mean business!:lol:

That sounds like a great appt! I can't believe they're still scheduling in FEB!! What Feb date did she offer you?

Sounds like everything's moving right along! I hope I can get in soon after hitting goal (hopefully this week I will hit goal) for the CM appt so I can possibly be in Feb or early March.

This is so exciting for all of us! We're all getting so close. Congrats! :lol:

Did she schedule your pre-op and nutrition classes? Or will she give you those dates when she schedules your surgery?

YAY! That is awesome! I am so happy for u!

You should have taken the 3/31 date though!! we could go thru it 100% together:)

Hello Aud glad your back!! Well Liz was strongly discouraging the March 31 date she said she felt it was pushing it to much..............thus pushing her as well to get me ready. I didn't want to push it to much.;-)

I told her I could make it work but she said it was really pushing it!! And she want to make sure I am rested and not jet lagged when I go into surgery.

When is your pre op AUd?

I have been getting more and more nervous the closer it gets. But I am also excited. I HATE pain and hospitals but I want this!!

I am waiting to hear from Riley how it goes and what the pain level is. SHe is having her surgery on 2/23/09. Keeping her in my thoughts.

So I am in the 'waiting place" right now until I get a surgery date...............I can focus on Africa and weight lose and don't have to get nervous until I get back from Africa. I am sure I will start to get nervous once I get on the plane home!! LOL

All of my apts take place between march12-13:) Classes are on Fri Dr appts are on Thurs.

:thumbdown:

Tina, yay! I know you were worried about your CM appt. with Liz because of the vegetarianism, but she was great about it wasn't she! Folks chose to stay away from flesh foods for a variety of reasons, including religion, and none of us do it just to make our lives harder . . . I have found that the staff there are very respectful of differences. In fact Liz blows me away with her level of patience with a variety of folks. Kaiser Richmond ROCKS!! :-)

Today I have to have my CPAP read by the pulmonologist and set at whatever . . I hate it, it wakes me up all night and gives me morning headaches, but I HAVE TO do it so I am 1000% compliant!! Oh and I have also noticed that the bags under my eyes are much less pronounced, don't know if it's from a different sleep pattern, or from my mask leaking and blowing cold air over my eyes all night, LOL!

And I have to have my final lab work done today and pick up my pre-op nasua medication script. It's less than 2 weeks away now!!!:thumbdown:

Riley so excited for ya!! So what final labs do they require. She didn't tell me because she wanted to wait for my surgery date to get scheduled first. I will definetely need the anit-nasaua medication!! LOL.

So do you get your pain meds before surg? I kinda hope so I don't want to go to the lab after.

I hope things go well with the CPAP machine. I think overtime you should start to sleep better. So does it wake you up when you don't breath.

I will be looking to you for all my questions as my date gets closer. What time is your surgery??

My preop tests are more blood im not sure which ones :thumbup: and a pregnancy test 1 week prior, and another EKG. (but my ekg was abnorm.)

They just posted my lab results, they were the tests I pasted below - pretty much the same ones that they did a month or so ago, except without the HgA1c and pylori (ulcer) one. Mine were all normal except the Blood Urea Nitrogen was out-of-range too high, but that goes up when you are on a very high-protein diet which I of course am.

The smart card in my CPAP said I have only .9 apneas per hour, and they said that up to 5 is nromal, so I am fully treated - with the machine set at its lowest level (5)! I still think it's all a crock. It waked me up all night when it blows too hard, it causes morning headaches, I feel MORE TIRED instead of better rested, and it is just a royal pain. But I am 100% on that thing every night, they said I had to so I'm doing it! I do like that it resuces the bags under my eyes, the co-pay is worth it just for THAT benefit! LOL.

I do not officially get my surgery time until next Friday, but unofficially it's at 8 am and I have to be there at 6. Supposed to go home by 2! :smile:

02/10/2009SODIUM, SERUM AARON GEOFFREY BAGGS MD02/10/2009CBC (COMPLETE BLOOD COUNT) WITHOUT DIFFERENTIAL AARON GEOFFREY BAGGS MD02/10/2009POTASSIUM, SERUM AARON GEOFFREY BAGGS MD02/10/2009CREATININE, SERUM, WITH GLOMERULAR FILTRATION RATE AARON GEOFFREY BAGGS MD02/10/2009GLUCOSE, RANDOM AARON GEOFFREY BAGGS MD02/10/2009BLOOD UREA NITROGEN, SERUM AARON GEOFFREY BAGGS MD02/10/2009CARBON DIOXIDE, SERUM AARON GEOFFREY BAGGS MD02/10/2009CHLORIDE, SERUM AARON GEOFFREY BAGGS MD02/10/2009ALBUMIN, SERUM AARON GEOFFREY BAGGS MD