Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Ah Tamra that might be blessing in disquise gives you a bit more time to lose some more.........but did they say why? I go back on June 3, 2010 and so far haven't gotten a call. Oh but I go to Vacaville so that might be why I didn't get called. I might be on a different schedule. You go to Richmond right?

I think Dr. Baggs takes alot of long weekend. Last time I went in there he was so darn tan. I almost blurted it out but luckily I didn't I am sure I looked at him funny cause it shocked me and I couldn't think of anything to say for a minute.............I am NOT like Riley who once called him a shiny bald!! LOL :-P

Riley hoping all is well and your a raving beauty with your new eyelids!! LOL.

OHHH Pam I read your post wrong. LOL. duh!!

So I guess Baggs canceled the 25th's whole day and won't be there. My first instinct??? GO EAT. I ate 2 Hershey kisses and some cheetos. Thats me, the quitter! grrrr!! I WAS going to get fries but I reminded myself I did liquids for 2 days and to not give up the fight!!

Ok I talked to Nicole and she said the pouch test works but than the next week you gain it all back when you go to regular foods..............

So on this other forum I am on they are talking about someone having RNY and now they are getting banded after gaining back 110 pounds. Seems to be a new thing right now banding over the RYN pouch. So maybe this whole band thing is the best of all surgeries...........:-)

TAMRA DON'T GIVE UP!! THIS GIVES YOU MORE TIME TO SUCCEED!! Forget the pouch test and do the pre op diet now that you have more time!! It will stay off better.

But I know the mindset I have been there and thought I could have one bad day than get back on track again. I don't do well with "back on track" again........I usually go hog wild if I start.................

Seems like when you get discouraged or frustrated you give up?? Maybe those are your triggers?? Mine are stress and boredom..............especially boredom!!

How long will you be in school?

LOL!! Hog wild!!! LOL!! I just realize how funny that is.......I know what it means but given all the food issues we all have it makes me laugh I used that phrase!! LOL.

That's interesting that they are banding people that have had RNY - I'm guessing their pouch was stretched to heck to be able to have enough to band and still have a pouch. Kinda sad.

Tamra - I too have the emotional eating triggers - it is hard but you have to learn to resist or this will never work. Try to stick to the 1200 calorie pre op diet until your appointment and you might be surprised. Make little goals for yourself - take it one meal at a time so it is not overwhelming.

Anyone hear from Riley?

One day at a time here for sure........today was a GREAT day foodwise. Good choices. But ya know I have to be careful cause we are in the nighttime hours now!! Danger zone here.

So has anyone thought about Black and White thinking and perfectionism? For me I want everything perfect.....and if it can't be perfect I give up to early and to easy. Just been thinking about that and how that contributes to weight gain/weight loss. I know when I clean my house or do my work.......it has to be perfect by my definition. WHich is way above normal expectations. If I think I don't have enough time or energy I don't even start. Why do something half hearted.........but than the house gets dirty or things go undone cause I can't do them perfect or I am afraid I can't be perfect?? That isn't right........sometimes just doing your best is better than expecting perfection, because at least you move forward and don't get stuck in a negetive pattern. An example my house could be neat but maybe not sterilely neat!! LOL. Discouraged perfectionist.....I think that holds alot of people back. Ya know that black and white of it all. The either or........like if I can't eat perfect or I mess up than it ruins my whole day eating good. Maybe instead of being so hard on myself I need to be ok with trying my best and being ok without perfection. Could perfection be holding people back??? I sorta think it is something to explore.................I know I was shocked at what conclusion I came to around this whole issue.

Ok.......my therapist used to tease me all the time about black and white thinking. She finally gave me a grey card to carry in my purse to remind me there is not always a right and a wrong answer but that healing and wisdom sometimes comes in the grey!! Thinking I need to get that grey card back in my purse again. Made me smile whenever I reached in and would see it!!

PAM

Yea your right how do you make a pouch with the band unless your stomach majorly streched. But to gain 110 pounds back two years out........that is alot!!

Bands rule!! LOL. At least I hope they do!! :-)

Edited by swrktp

for crying out loud I lost my post...here goes again. I won;t bore you with the rambling

B=tomato Soup

L=beef, cheeses & onion mixture

D=chicken pot pie (oops) w/o the crust tho

doing really good with my steps. I joined the walking group at work we did 2 miles today. Plus my elliptical. so it's all good.

not weighting myself till fridays & monday I go up and down too much for everyday.

Yea Annalynn, June will be here before you k now it. I'm not clear are you getting the sleeve or band?

Riley hope things are ok with the eye lift. I give up on tucks and lifts I'll never have that kind of money. the girls are full of streath marks.....

Hey has anyone heard form Donna? she hasn't been around much or I missed her.

Tina, the thought of perfection is interesting. It's like me and the pouch test I don't even bother cuz I know I'm gonna screw up or if I do try something and mess up I give the whole thing up.

Yea I have been diagnosed as a discouraged perfectionist...........funny thing someone pointed out is I think black and white and wear black and white!! LOL. I am doomed...........

Maybe that is why I don't do the pouch test too cause I know I can't make is more than one day........LOL :-)

No tummy tucks or other surgeries for me either. I get what I get after the weight is gone...........

Something I learned last night at my Kaiser class is that we should set attainable goals and that we should set small goals. If we set a goal for ourselves that is too big or hard to reach and then we fail, we start the negative self talk. Also once you set a goal you need to write down the steps you will need to take to reach the goal and then monitor where you are at in the process. If I say I want to lose 30 lbs it sounds impossible for me to accomplish, but if I say I want to lose 3 lbs it is reachable and I will feel good about myself and then I can set another small goal.

You CAN lose 3 pounds 10 times..........:-) Behavior modification. Yea perfectionism and negetive self talk go hand in hand................

Guest sodapop

SURGERY DATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JULY 6, 2010

Yay! Yay! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChRiSsY :laugh:

WTG Chrissy!

ASH, you're so close. How are you doing?

Riley, how did your surgery go?

So many upcoming surgeries... so exciting for everyone! YAY!!!

The conversation yesterday was great. Pam, I loved the small goals that you posted. I haven't been below 189 since I was in my 20's. That's my next goal. This morning 196.8. I'm hoping to see it before vacation on 6/11/2010 because it would rock my world.

As far as the pouch test. What I have been thinking the last few days is that some/many of us spent years dieting. If we screwed up the diet, first we'd binge, then we'd punish ourselves with the strictest thing we could do, like the pouch test. It's not really a pouch test because we can't break our tool. What gets broken is our eating, not the tool. It feels like another punishment for being obese and needing something to please work for a change. I think the change has to be internal. It has to be that for once we have a plan and we trust that if we work our plan, it along with our tool, will work for us. I've punished myself with food for close to 50 years. I'm done with that. I pray to just be able to continue to log my food, eat the right combination of calories, carbs and Protein to do what my body needs to do and exercise doing fun things. I hope that one day, these calculations will include how to maintain the weight because it will be gone. Our journey's are so different. I feel like my 15+ years in OA gave me the foundation to follow a plan and ask for help when I need it. So if you ever see me talking "pouch test", please remind me that nothing is broken and that I just need to go back to basics if I get off track. :laugh:

Wishing everyone a great "planned" day.

I agree with your thoughts on the pouch test Bella. We know our pouch is still there (unless you have slipped or eroded but that is rare and you would have pain).

I haven't been under 200 in over 20 years so once I get there it will be a biggie for me.

Congrats Chrissy on your surgery date - it'll be here before you know it.

I'm thinking of only weighing myself once a week on Tuesdays (so I can compare it with my Tues evening Kaiser weight) - this daily weighing can be frustrating. I guess I need to move my scale downstairs to the laundry room to force my behavior to change.

Riley - how are you doing?