Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Guest sodapop

ahhh john another visual. You in a spedo, drinking MOM, with big hangy boobies. SOOOOO HOT!!! LMAO!!!:thumbup: you crack me up!

I am in for the boob lift and Tummy Tuck. That is in order NOW and I havent had my surgery date yet. ha ha!!!

I am scare about them putting in this "filter" has anyone had this done???

who is all coming to the meeting this weekend? (IN SACRAMENTO) Are we gonna do MIMI's??? let me know

chrissy

where are they putting the filter? I've never heard of it. Is it something temporary?

Yes John that is a visual that will take awhile to get out of my brain. You'll look like one of those guys on Biggest Loser.

Chrissy - How do they put in this filter thing? Don't forget about the baby I shot out. :thumbup: Have fun with the case manager appointment. Don't mention my name you'll be given an extra hard time.

Sorry about the TMI. Have fun at the meeting! Wish I could be there. Seven more days until I come home...

Hello everyone!!

CONGRADS ANALYNN!!! U have worked so hard, I am excited for you!!

Tina ~ I believe last time Robin and I talked she said 10 lbs...I would be happy if its 5-10 because at the rate I am loosing I will be down 5 by next week!!

My appt. is one week from today. Started the pouch test yesterday and this morning I am down 4 lbs. whoo hoo! I am doing okay today but my mom decided to make my FAV....boneless chuck roast, potatoes, and artichokes. I didnt touch it. I drank like 7 spoons of the broth from the pan LOL hey its liquid right? :thumbup:

Riley, so exciting for you to be at the stage to get the cosmo surgeries! that is awesome! That is my goal...to need all that! I see the eye thing coming first..I can't believe how quickly my eyelids changed and have layers of skin...I am going to mention it to my pcp on thursday when I have my follow-up.

Analyn, you go girl! No ONE is going to stop you now.

Christie, good luck tomorrow. Liz didn't get to deep with me on anything, we went over the test and my routines and that was about it. You will be fine and get a date quickly.

Looking forward to Saturday's group. Most of you are probably out of 22/24's but I have tons of clothes coming so if you know someone that could use some clothes that size, take them home a bag. I hope to score some 18's! Whoo Hoo!

Ah 18s is a pretty common size at the exchange......it is the 14/16 that are hard to come by!!

I am trying to come this weekend. I am going into work early tomorrow so I can hopefully get caught up on paperwork. WIth all the layoffs we are so not keeping up and management is so stressing keeping up. We are all working free overtime right now but we are all gonna stop together. So things could get crazy...................

Guest sodapop

Ha ha ha John-I LOVE the visuals. They CRACK me up! Keep them coming. I am sad you are not coming to the meeting. I wanted to see you in the spedo...HOT JOHN! lmao! I am sad we are gonna miss you. I bet you are sooo skinny now!

Yeah so this filter I am freaking out about. Well I had blood clots on my lungs when I had my gall bladder taken out. So any surgery I have is higher risk. I guess they are going to give me some "happy pills" inject dye then this umbrella like device that "pops" inside i will be awake so this FREAKS ME OUT!!!! I am not scared of surgery but scared of this. Then this thing is suppose to catch or filter if I do get blood clots. I will let you know how it goes. I had to take MORE blood work again, and waiting to hear they said about a week for them to put the device in me. I guess they go through your groin area. I don't know the whole thing scares me and FREAKS me out! I am not scared of surgery but anything I am awake for-NO NO in Chrissy land. :w00t: yes that is me.

Ali I can't wait to see you and how skinny you are becoming!!!! YAY! Saturday will be great.

I will POST as soon as I have my date! I am sooooooo excited!

chrissy

Guest sodapop

ohhh and an add on.....

they inject it into one of the major arteries. Dr. Im said it looks like a birdie from bat mitten. lol. They go in through the groin inject it then it pops into the vein or artery....

I hope they are some good strong drugs. April said she will go with me to get it done. i am wiggin.....I am a BABY when it comes to this crap.:w00t:

Chrissy.........oh dear!! I wouldn't like that either. I think I would be most worried about them going through the groin and nudity!! LOL. Of course the whole nudity thing during surgery was not my favorite either.....Not that I remember much of it. I do know with all the morphine after I felt fine dressing and undressing in the middle of the pre op room in front of everyone, THank God for nurses who reminded me to be modest..........so ah yea I hope they give you something than NOTHING will bother you!

I am sure you will be ok. Better safe than sorry!!

Edited by swrktp

Ah Riley my co worker had the surgery and was back to the office in two days............she said it was no big deal and I didn't even see bruising or anything. Take pictures and post them after your done!! Your gonna look great!!

I didn't eat well today. I am down just about 10 pounds in 11 days.............and today the restriction was gone!! I can't believe it. I had it last night and nothing today. But maybe it was a fluke. I didn't eat well today. I ate salad, Soup, veggie chicken, veggie sausage links and Cereal. The cereal was my downfall. Two days ago it wouldn't go down. I had to dump the cereal in the outside trash so that doesn't happen again. My daughter is looking for the cereal but I am keeping quiet acting like I have no clue.................she would be so upset!! ;-) Shhh.............LOL. Oh course it looks terrible on my food log!! I can't do that again!! Hoping for a better tomorrow. And I did get in 1200 calories today..........no problem at all :-P

Edited by swrktp

Tina your still down an amazing amount!! mannnn! gimme some of what you got!! oh wait, that would be a fill LOL!!

I am totally setting myself up for no fill next week, how horrible am I!

Cant wait to see what I am down tomorrow, the broth from the roast upset my tummy and lets say I was in the potty for a bit...LOL...no need for details :w00t:

Hey Tamra you will get there. Maybe do the pre op for a the days you have left. Or just stick to the pouch test a few extra days. IF you don't get a fill than give yourself a break and schedule another appointment and keep working on it.........you will get there. Believe me if I can survive 7 months you got this easy!! I got a bad attitude and gave up...........don't follow my example so NOT worth it!! :-)

My restriction is gone :-( I will need another fill in three weeks. I need to have good food logs or they will say no fill........and I gotta keep the 10 off. I bet if I gain the restriction will kick back in but ah...........than what would be the point.

Tamra how is school. I found when I was in grad school I lost alot of weight cause of all the stress!! But the snacking between classes was a killer. Just get behind on homework or your thesis and boom...........instant stress and weight loss!! ;-P

Good Morning!

Just a reminder that tonight is the Kaiser Support group meeting.

I hope to see some of you there! :w00t: