Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who ate what they craved/wanted up until the high protein diet?

I was just curious to see who all went and ate everything they craved one last time before they had to start the high Protein diet before their surgery's? I have 1 week left until I start mine and I am eating to my hearts content..But I have begun to eat differently too..I have lost 3 pounds, and I haven't even begun, really...I am SO ready to get the surgery over with and start my new life..I am gonna miss my dearest friend though..As if I have to say it; FOOD! :blush:

I have to say I "tried" to have one last hurrah with food when I learned I had one weekend left before I started the two-week Optifast diet for surgery, but I couldn't think of what I wanted! I did have "real" Mexican food (an absolute favorite of mine that I had been specially preparing for myself during my 6-month diet), but it didn't sit well with me; I had biscuits and gravy (now that was DELICIOUS), and I had Italian food... but my appetite was so lax from dieting for so long, it was all I could do. Oh, and I allowed myself to have sodas for the last time in my life (and for the first time in months - not diet), and they were gross. I'm not missing anything. :blush:

Not to say that I was perfect and didnt eat bad foods (hey, i was fat afterall, lol) but I knew I would feel simply awful about myself if I had a months long binge prior to surgery. Once I made the booking for my surgery, I made a deal with myself that my new life had started. So i ate well and exercised from that point on.

I completely ate what I wanted before my 2 week pre-op diet started.

In the one month from my consult to my preop diet started I gained .... are you sitting down for this ... SEVEN POUNDS! In one month.

And I can pretty much guarentee you that ll 7 lbs were donuts.

When I went back in the nurse weighted me 3 times ... she was like "is this scale right"

But that right there let me know that the surgery was what I needed. And I'm kind of glad I did it. I went into surgery with 100% clear head.:blush:

i didn't have a pre-op diet - but i did go on a sushi bend for a month prior to banding. wasn't sure when i would be able to enjoy a spicy tuna roll - so i might have over done it, in that regard...

I didn't go completely overboard, but I did have one last cheeseburger and a Quizno's sandwich (not at the same time) because I knew I'd probably have to give up bread. However, I did go ahead and give up sodas before I had to so I feel like it evened out. LOL! I was mentally prepared and ready to make a change, so I didn't really have the desire to do that. Of course I was kicking myself the first week after surgery with nothing but liquids. :blush: I got over it though and I've never looked back.

Right before my week of liquid diet I ate Qdoba twice in one week. I couldn't get enough of it. It's like a Taco Del Mar. But I still lost 12 pounds in 6 days for the surgery. All in all I lost 35 pounds before the surgery and today I was back at my weight of surgery day. All the IV Fluid is gone.

I followed a 1200 calorie diet for a little over a month before my surgery. On the day before my friends and I went to this old fast food restaurant called The Burger Bar. They have the greasiest fries and worst for you food in the area. I had a little bit of all my favorites. I knew I wouldn't be able to eat it afterwards. I do miss it but it is definitely worth it!

The day before I started my pre-op diet I had my favorite Chinese food for lunch and my FAV meal (steak & a baked potato) for dinner. Funny thing is Im not craving the steak but Im craving my dinner salad! lol

I did not do this. Once I was approved in August to meet the surgeon and right after I met the surgeon, I started cutting back my calories. I replaced my lunch time meal with liquid broth and cut back on Snacks.

I just wanted to get a head start on the process and get my mind focused on what my future eating habits would be like. I have heard of people doing the "Last Supper Meal," but I really wanted this surgery, so I did not eat like there was no tomorrow.