Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

I made italian mini meatloaves w/mashed potatoes & green beans! It's a meatloaf night, I guess!

Scones can be a bit dry... but I do enjoy choc chip or cinnamon chip ones! mmm

PTA CAN be entertaining... I'm just sad that my 10 years w/this one is ending on this note... & causing me such time & distress... bleh.

Had a good eating day today .. yay! As you may remember (who can forget?!) I'm going to a BIG shindig in fewer than 2 weeks so I'm motivated to BE GOOD and eat well so I can look my best for the soiree & the lovely hostess w/the mostest!! :eek:

Enjoy the eve... some entertaining season finales on tonight...

Boy if only Michelle or Judy lived closer!!! I LOVE meatloaf!! I like it with ketchup. I also like scones so I think today Judy wins!!

It is a big night for finales. I watch 24, and I am not saying I am over it, but they just have 2 hours to end? They need to hurry, they have thrown so much in this year! I also like DWTS but will probably watch that on tape!

Tracyk I can't believe you have never had a scone before!!! They are kind of dry, but they are sort of muffiny, but denser.

I have never been to a rodeo before either, but Charlie is in the gay rodeo!!! That is scary enough to never go.

TRACY!! How can you live in Texas ...Houston no less....and NEVER have been to the rodeo????? That is really hard to believe! I get tickets every year but give them away! LOL I just don't care for it that much to fight the crowds, etc. Now, the BBQ Cook-Off is a whole different story! Talk about some excellent primo cowboy watchin'!!! Woo hoo!!! Yowza!!

Just got back from Hannah's orchestra concert! My little angel is so good! I'm so proud of her!

My other child is the spawn of the devil.

I live a sheltered life. I have never been to a rodeo either....
I have never been to a rodeo before either, but Charlie is in the gay rodeo!!! That is scary enough to never go.

WHAT??? Rodeos rock! Tracy, I would imagine that in Texas, there are rodeos every weekend. You should go w/ Macy...she would love all the animals! Mom will love all the cute cowboys! Frank will love all the action! FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY. Janie...run don't walk to the gay rodeo...just as tough, but lots of fun!

JENN and TRACYINKS?? Did we lose you girls again???:purplebananna:

Tracy----I agree, find yourself a rodeo----and GO!!! I volunteer with the National High School Finals Rodeo---and that would be a little perverted to look at the boys....but ya know lots of Dads travel with their kids!!! LOL

You know the saying....Wrangler Butts drive me nuts!!

Scones, I can do without, without issue! Rather look at cowboys, and save my calorie consumption for something yummier!!!

Well the receptionist got fired today. So it made for chaos, and non stop work today. It REALLY seriously sucks, because Rick is on vacation this week, so I was told to figure out which days I wanted off to spend with him, now it is off the table.

He is leaving Friday for Red River to the rally. I am staying for the wedding on Friday night, and then going with a bunch of girls (a problem in the making in my opinion) and driving down early Saturday, that way I get to ride home with Rick.

This rally is a pretty calm, sedate rally in the overall view of things, but it is HEAVILY attended by Bandido's motorcycle gang. They have an entire bar, that is Bandidos almost exclusively. And these are all mid 20ish girls----some of them the kind of girls who attract attention. For instance one of the girls going is ok looking, but she is about 5 foot tall, and wears the biggest bra you can even imagine, I would not even hazzard a guess at cup size, 2 -3- maybe 4 times my size! And she shows them off, in low cut tight tops. Then gets pissy when men look! Not the attitude to take to a rally!! BUT, I am riding down with them, and it is all girls in the vehicle, going to talk to them all, explain the issues, of being nice, and ignoring, not being rude, equalling not getting your ass kicked!!! LOL Then when we get there, I am off with my own crew and they are on their own!!

Terry, sorry the troubles with your son continue. Did you have any luck in locating a treatment center?

Michelle, keep your head held high, and like I say be sure to go back so you can hear how badly they miss you!!! Your sons neck scared me, I am glad to hear it is muscle related. I did the menengitis thing, and it wasn't any fun at all!

Pamela----are you all done now and ready for the graduation itself?? The do colored, the outfit chosen? I wish I could be there to hear them announce my Dr. Friend!!!

Well time to get some things done......will be back in awhile!

Kat,

I am almost ready. Tomorrow is color, pedi, wax. I did buy a nice blouse today, but I may wear one of Haydee's that she sent me. Still thinking! Trying to stay mellow. I wish everyone could be there, but I did order the DVD. If anyone is interested, I'll bring it and you can see my ONE MINUTE speech while we are in Ala! And I share w/ the other violets too. My bro will video it! BTW...is anyone bringing a puter on our vacay? I will need to hop on one at some point, I am ending a semester that weekend too! Let me know if you want to see the ONE MINUTE earning the degree and speech thingy!

xoxo

Good morning ladies!

Every year for the big rodeo I say I a, gonna go, and every year comes and goes and I just do not go. I will one day :Banane01:

Turns out my dsd is not gonna move in with us. She must have gotten a guilt trip laid onto her. That is the hint I am getting. I will talk to her more about it when she comes over next time.

I have a headache the size of Texas this morning. I am go take some tylenol then get macy to school.

Have a great day and respect the pouch! :purplebananna:

Even I have been to rodeos -- yes, plural! -- before! Every summer when I was growing up we visited my grandmother in Florida & went to one that was always in town when we went. Of course, this was all before I was age 12, so I didn't notice the cowboys... just the horses... I was horse crazy back then!

YES, I want to see your vid, Pamela! Maybe I can see it IN 10 DAYS!!!!!! :purplebananna: Yes, the final countdown is ON!! Have I mentioned that I can NOT wait??!! I'm like a little kid waiting for Christmas!!

DS's neck was much improved this a.m... still a bit stiff/sore, but not at all like yesterday. So strange!

Regular day today... make it a good one, everyone!

Good morning, Violets..

Yes, even I have been to a rodeo. When I visited an online friend in Oklahoma, he and his wife took me to see a Pow Wow and a rodeo.

I'm off to my hospital shift and then hope to do the bike path again. It's going to be warm today, but the sun just disappeared so I don't know if there is rain in the forecast or not.

Michelle.... sure wish I was going to Ca. too, but the Bobster refuses to change his birth date. Take LOTS of pics for us and PamELa.. yes, I want to see the video!!

Tracy.. how are the work outs going???

TracyinKS... you're MIA once again.. sighhhhhhhh

Haydee... where are YOU?

Terry... check is in the mail. :purplebananna:

Kat..Sorry about the overload at work. Hope you can work out some time with Rick while he's off.

Jane.. hope you're feeling better.

Laura.. how's the fill working for you????

I better pry my fingers from the keyboard and be on my way. Everyone have a great day. Be good to yourselves!!

Yup, I've been to a Rodeo also. I like them alot.

I think I'm gonna head to the nursery and pick out flowers. I need to get my planters ready for the weekend. I can't believe Memorial Day is this weekend. yikes, it came up fast.

We should finish up on the pool today. Need to get the heater going on it.

Sorry for all the headaches today, hope you get to feeling better.

It's CTCD so make good choices.

Besides Laura, who doesn't have a T-Shirt yet?

Hello Vi's, I have been a little busy and not posting quite as much. It seems like the moment I have a little down time - I just wanna take a nap, lol.

I haven't been to a rodeo either but there are not quite so many to choose from up in Ohio. Perhaps one day . . . I think it would be interesting.

I did go to the Texas state fair near Dallas once. The biggest thing I remember that really surprised me is that people walked around chowing down on massive Turkey legs. I had never seen this before, we don't do it here. It kind of made me think of caveman cartoons with the massive turkey leg in one hand and the other wrapped around a cavewomans hair dragging her along, lol.

I like scones with tea or coffee as well. I like lemon scones or the ones that are cranberry orange. I havent had one in years.

I loved Carson's pictures but I also thought the black lace was a little odd as a choice. They were all adorable, and I agree, his little tushy is absolutely darling.

Have a happy Tuesday everyone!!!