Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Good question, Terry. Actually, ours has been relatively drama-free for quite awhile now. I keep asking, "where was all this interest in the Prez position LAST year when NO ONE would do it and they BEGGED me to do it?" What a difference a year makes!

In this case, I think it's that the gals who are stirring up the controversy (trying to block one guy while "fudging" the rules to get another gal into the 1-year vacancy I'll leave in June) simply don't have much else in their little small-town lives and it's actually a big deal to them + they have the time to plot & plan... one gal likened it to "Survivor"! They lose sight of the purpose of the PTA -- to serve the kids -- & get their egos all wound up in it.

So now people think the PTA is corrupt and it's my job to make sure it's not, thus the County & State are involved... yadda yadda... I am not emotionally involved in all this, but it does take a time & emotional toll on me... my goal is to make sure that the organization is following the rules... period... I'm neither "for" nor "against" anyone who's trying to run... in fact, I'm not even going to vote as I won't be a parent @ the school next year so I don't think it's right for me to vote on their Board... of course, as Prez, if there's a tie, then I'll be the one to break it (which would *not* be fun!)... and so it goes...

Back from the doc's... DS's neck is just muscle-related... glad it's not more... but I did have to scold him for using "F!@#" as an expeltive in the Pediatrician's (read: little kids all over the place!) office as he was yelping in pain!! Oh my! :laugh:

So heat, Motrin, & evidently meat lover's pizza is the prescription -- oh, & a movie out of RedBox.

Am I a good mom or what?

I didn't feel the Earthquake...we were still at the game at 8:30! But little earthquakes are VERY GOOD...they relieve pressure. I like hearing about little ones!

Laura, I've been meaning to say that I am glad you got the book. I gave that book to both my mom and dad for Mother's and Father's Day...and they both cried! It is my fav, especially great as a gift for a mommy to be! Enjoy!

oxoxxoxo

Good afternoon, Violets..

Bob and I went for an hour bike ride this morning. The weather is perfect here. Ethan is here right now and Bob and Joe are out golfing. After Ethan goes home, Bob and I will have dinner and then go see Star Trek. It's nice not to have rehearsals on Monday anymore til winter.

The pool guys were just here and replaced the skimmer. I didn't even know there was a problem with it. I'm hoping to get in the pool tomorrow after my hospital shift.

I have some white chocolate Raspberry scones in the oven right now. I won a basket of goodies and the mix was part of it. They sure smell good!

I just got a batch of scone recipes this morning from my girlfriend who says her family makes the best scones in the world!

What is this, Scone Appreciation Day?

My fave is orange/cranberry. Mmmmmmmmm.

My fave is orange/cranberry. Mmmmmmmmm.

Me too!! Starbucks!!

Another good one is an Orange scone at St. Louis bread or I guess everywhere else they call in Panera!!

The scones are delicious and they are also stuck!! I ate a half of one with no butter and it's sitting in my throat. Son Joe had one and the Bobster downed one also. And Kirby is licking the crumbs off of Bob's chest. Everyone seems to like them!

It's meat loaf and cheesy potatoes for supper tonight. Then off to the movie.

Will check in afterwards.

<----never eaten a scone before in her life

They're not one of my favorites. But they were free, so I figured what the heck!

Michelle, you are a good mom. A great mom would have bought him ice cream!?

OK, Now that was funny. Love it.

Judy, we are almost ready getting the pool ready. We need to back flush, put chemicals in and put the stairs in. Oh, and start heating the Water. Should deffinately be ready by Friday.

Michelle, I remember going to PTA meetings and sitting in the back waiting. There was some real drama back then. I guess something never change.

Laura, How did your fill go???